#1 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Im curious if anyone ever heard anyone (who entered the sixth floor after 12:30pm on the 22nd of November 1963) say anything about the smell of gunpowder?

I know many witnesses encountered the nasty smell of gunpowder coming up on the knoll. Tosh Plumlee felt it soon after the last shot from his position on the grassy slope on the south side of Dealey Plaza. Mrs. Cabell smelled it in the yellow car down on Houston and Elm. Officer John Marshall Smith smelled it coming up and encountering the fake Secret Service man. But I have yet to hear of any person reporting the smell of gunpowder from the so called "snipers nest".

Im inclined to believe there were no shooting at all going on from the sixth floor.

Or please set me straight.

#2 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

1.Senator Ralph Yarborough

2. Patrolman Joe W. Smith

3. Congressman Ray Roberts

4. Thomas C. Clifford

5. Elizabeth Cabell, wife of Dallas Mayor.

6. Robert W. Jackson

Hello Staffan; above are those that stated they smelled smoke on Elm, no. according to all I have read no-one mentioned the odor of smoke on the 6th floor, there was a thread on such at the E.F and that discussion came to the same conclusion, no aroma of smoke within the TSBD.......the gun was not checked for the odor of being fired either, It appears it was an easy day for the DPD to just accept all as it came along...I do have a map of elm showing where the cars are situated when the smoke was noticed, I am still looking for it, if it comes up I will get it posted for you...take care best b

#3 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

Just as I thought Bernice. You know firing a rifle (any rifle) it will smell, and I dont think you could fire three shots inside a building and have it not smell after. Gunsmoke is not only smoke, its sort of a gas that sticks to the shooter and everything around him (or her).

And for that reason I suspect the shots came from anywhere but the Book Depository. Its kind of funny; they only sealed off the only place that no one fired from. Well, its not really funny. I also suppose thats why the detective held the weapon up high above all heads, because anyone familiar with weapons would know in a heart beat if the gun didnt smell.

#4 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

Agreed Staffan but there was the odor of smoke behind the fence, and some smell witnesses did catch the odor in that area, plus there is the smoke cloud, small but there it is in the Wiegman film that the yadas try to make out, as leaves or whatever happens to take their fancy...that was also seen by SAM Holland as well as other rail road men up on the overpass........but nothing in any way around the TSBD...I think what is funny also, is how terrible the DPD as well as the SS performed within their jobs that day.......like all were struck dumb...BTW I have not come upon the map as yet of the smell witnesses, where they were within Dealey but when I come upon it, I will get it posted...thanks,and have a good day.take care...b

#5 Stan Wilbourne

Stan Wilbourne

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

Staffan and Bernice, I'm sure you've seen this image:

216.%20Frame%20From%20Dave%20Wiegman%20F

I don't recall seeing an smoke images coming from the Book Depository.

#6 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Thanks Stan,for the Weigman frame , no there were no reports of smoke seen from the TSBD nor the odor, but further along towards the grassy knoll, yes...b

#7 Bob Wilkerson

Bob Wilkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

Staffan and Bernice, I'm sure you've seen this image:

216.%20Frame%20From%20Dave%20Wiegman%20F

I don't recall seeing an smoke images coming from the Book Depository.

Stan

Staffan and Bernice might have seen that absolutely amazing photograph, but I haven't!  I'm just gobsmacked by it and its implications.  I've never seen that picture in the 50 years I've actively followed this case.  Where did it come from?

Thank you!

Bob

Bob

Hony soit qui mal e pense.

#8 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

Hi Bob ; It  is a frame from the Wiegman film...I believe I have comps of them, I will send them to Stan, who will post them for you, :D and also the Wiegman film which is not very clear but some important frames were.....as.this was one..best b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com