Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

Full Story by

by David Montgomery

Attached File  BBgEKPw.img.jpeg   137.93KB   0 downloads

AUSTIN, Tex. — Hours after his younger brother Lee Harvey Oswald, the presidential assassin, was gunned down in the basement of the Dallas police station, Robert Oswald wrote a $710 cashier’s check to a Fort Worth funeral home as he made arrangements for his brother’s burial.

The purchase included a No. 31 Pine Bluff coffin and vault, a dark suit and flowers. More than five decades later, the simple pine coffin — now badly deteriorating — is at the heart of an unlikely epilogue to the tragedy that gripped the nation on Nov. 22, 1963.

Three days after he assassinated President Kennedy from a sixth-floor window of the Texas School Book Depository, and a day after he himself was shot and killed by the nightclub owner Jack Ruby, Mr. Oswald was laid to rest in a Fort Worth cemetery in a service so poorly attended that reporters were used as pallbearers.

The coffin was exhumed in 1981 to dispel conspiracy theories including assertions that the body inside may have been that of a Soviet impostor. Mr. Oswald, his identity confirmed by medical tests, was reburied in a new coffin, and the original was stored for years in Baumgardner Funeral Home in Fort Worth.

Now, a little more than a year since the nation observed the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination, the latest chapter in the unfinished tale of Mr. Oswald’s original coffin is playing out in a Fort Worth court.

• Leslienold likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Robert Harper

Robert Harper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationRotterdam & Los Angeles

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

Thanks Greg.

I subscribe to the NYT and noticed that they did not provide a comment section for this story. Otherwise, I would

have noted there, that even the TSBD in DALLAS has the name of Oswald preceded by "the alleged killer" on the plaque..

Frankly, I think they are so embarrassed by their lack of journalism in November 1963 and by their connection to the CIA

Mockingbird Project in 1977, that they CAN'T admit they 1) goofed and 2)deceived. Their headline, next day, says "shot by a sniper" and

they're sticking with it.

That's why they won't review books by James Douglass or Jim DiEugenio or Douglas Horne or Russell Baker. books. It's complete denial

of alternative narrative.

On the issue of the coffin, I tend to think the brother has legitimate expectation of privilege; but I'm open to hearing what the law says.

#3 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay Area, FL

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:48 PM

As a reader of John Armstrong, I believe there may have been 2 Oswalds.  Robert Oswald, then, is

not the brother of the Oswald killed by Ruby.  When they exhumed Oswald, I saw some photos of him

and I felt like I was ready to puke.  I wonder why it took them a year to get back to the public and tell

us their findings.  Maybe the head that was severed didn't belong to the body in the coffin.  There was

water damage in the vault.  Did someone dig him up? 

If we could get Robert Oswald's DNA we can compare it with LHO's daughters to see if they're related.

I bet they are not.

Kathy C

"And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal." -- JFK

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." -- JFK

Kathleen Collins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com