#1 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay Area, FL

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

I just wanted to say that early this morning was the anniversary of Karyn Kupcinet's death. Believed by Richard Belzer and David Wayne,that it was a message to shock her father, Irv Kupcinet.  If drunken David Lange got into her house, he'd have left fingerprints.  He was too bombed.  The Sheriff's Dept in LA found 2 sets of prints but could never identify them.  I wish they could today with all the technology.  She's been dead 51 years.

She was a very distressed girl.  She may have killed herself with her stockpile of pills, either accidentally or on purpose.  Yet her door was unlocked.  And David Lange admitted he was at her apartment that Friday.  She died Thanksgiving of 1963.

Kathy C

• RobertCesk likes this
"And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal." -- JFK

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." -- JFK

Kathleen Collins

#2 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

Kathleen, do you have any information (or opinion) of the alleged connection between KK and Carole Tyler and Mary Jo Kopechne? According to Simkin (and I believe Penn) all three were friends. I know Tyler and Kopechne were roomates and had gone to the same school. I have also read somewhere Kupcinet went to the same school but a few years earlier... Kupcinet strangled on the 28th of November 1963, Carole Tyler died in a plane crash in -65 and Mary Jo allegedly drowned (problably murdered) in Chappaquiddick in -69. If they really were friends... what do you suppose the odds are that three close friends dies the way they did before the age of 30?

So, did they (all three) really know each other?

#3 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Staffen, I used to have a blog in which I mostly wrote about Karyn.  I'm glad you brought it up.  I followed the claims years ago and they were all baloney.  Karyn did not know Mary Jo Kopechne, who attended Caldwell's College for Women in NJ.  Karyn attended a private school in Wellesley, MA.  She left after 1 semester.  Nor did Karyn know Carol Tyler.  Karyn Kupcinet was not a call girl for Bobby Baker, as these people who made up this crap would have you to believe.  The only times she was in Washington DC was possibly when Irv Kupcinet appeared in Advise and Consent.  He played a reporter.  The only other time that I know she was definitely in Washington DC was when she was 11 years old and met President Truman with her family.  Irv was very fond of him and vice versa.

Karyn did not know these other girls and anyone saying so are completely wrong.  And as far as I know she never met Kennedy or Bobbie Baker.  I wish I could stop some of the gossip about her on the Internet.  But, apparently, I started it.  Not these girls but Penn Jones in Forgive My Grief II made false claims about her.  No way did he research this.  He was on Kup's Show in 1966.  That probably was when he found out about the unsolved murder of "Cookie."  He made a big mistake.  The date of her death, coming so soon after Kennedy's, must have startled him and he included rumors.

Karyn was an unhappy girl because she was big-boned and tiny.  Her father had been a pro football player and her mother a dance instructor.  Her mother began feeding her amphetamines when KK was in high school.  During the last year of her life, in love with an actor, she relied on methamphetamines, which is very different than amphetamines.  She was taking Desoxyn.  I researched this and Desoxyn is every bit as strong as crystal meth.  Because of her unlucky romance and her mother constantly telling her to stop eating, she may have been a suicide, whether accidentally or on purpose.  The house was a wreck, as though it had been ransacked.  No furs, no jewelry taken.  Missing?  100 Desoxyn from a pill bottle in her medicine chest.  Unless she had a stalker, there was no reason for her to be murdered, except by a hit man. 

Ruby had shot Oswald.  Irv immediately contacted a gangster in Palm Springs, Paul Dorfman, to learn more about Ruby.  Dorfman said, "Sparky wouldn't do that.  He's a nebbish sort of guy."  Coincidentally, Karyn was in Palm Springs all that weekend too.  Her murder would take Ruby off of story one and make her death a shock to Chicago.  It was a shock crime, perhaps, to get Irv K. off Ruby.  The mob, at that time, did not want to be tied in to the Assassination.  Years later, yes.

I am told that Irv K. never wrote again about the Kennedy Assassination until the Oliver Stone movie came out.  He denounced it to such a degree that Roger Ebert wrote a column about it.  They were on the same newspaper.  The original screenplay had Karyn Kupcinet as a character.  Stone dropped it and made Rose Cheramie the one with foreknowledge.  Author John Austin got panicky when I told him there might be a link between KK and the Assassination.  He asked that I not use certain words on the Internet that might attract bad attention to him.  He said, "She's  a dead issue with me."  And I think he did a background check on me.  He wanted my address so he could send me something about her death.  All I got was a page with decomp written over it.

She was a very unlucky girl.  The coroner who did her autopsy was discovered as having a fetish for strangled women or beheaded women.  He said once, "At least I didn't break the hyoid bone on that one."  KK supposedly died from a broken hyoid bone.  He was later fired.

Kathy C

"And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal." -- JFK

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." -- JFK

Kathleen Collins

#4 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

I might say that Cyril Wecht looked into this and couldn't call it.  I sent him the autopsy, news clippings about the coroner and other material.  And hopefully for the last time, Tammy Windsor was a different actress.  Karyn appeared in Hawaiian Eye and wasn't credited.  I don't know why.  She was on the screen long enough.  She looked big boned, which probably drove her mother nuts.  Karyn Kupcinet was not in the 1960 bizarre film, Jack Nicholson's first movie.  It will come to me later.  Nor was she on Andy Griffith.  I wish she never went to Hollywood.  She had plastic surgery -- ears redone, chin something or other, nose job, overweight.  As Carol Linley said, "She could have stayed in Chicago and been a queen."

Kathy C

Kathleen Collins

#5 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:01 AM

Kathy, why am I not surprised? And why is there so much information based on nothing in this case?

#6 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:02 AM

I don't know what you mean by saying you're not surprised.  John Austin looked into it.  Penn Jones and James Ellroy.  James Ellroy's book "Crime Wave" told me a lot about her.  Her drug taking in particular.  Her diary.  Also a great long piece by Carol Rosenthal (Not quite sure of her name in Chicago magazine, an article that is still on the Internet.  What a well of information that was.  The Kupcinet family were written about in Look Magazine in 1960.  Karyn wasn't discussed, but a portrait of her hung on the wall.  In 1962 (I believe) she appeared in Life Magazine with other new actresses.  I have a TV Guide, I think from early 1962 in which she is modeling clothes for women between 5' - 5'3.  She is joined with other actresses.  Irv's book, A Man, a City and  (sorry, can't remember the correct title).  He had a brief chapter on her, "Who Killed Karyn?" 

Jerry Lewis discovered her.

A man named Paul Fecteau has a photo of her on a couch in the dark.  I had it forensically examined.  The examiner said it was a bad Facebook photo.  He said the red and yellow light did not come from this "negative."  The yellow was from a lamp without a shade.  Maybe the red came from another lighte.  Fecteau has this photo as his cover photo on Facebook and on his own website.  He is into weird things.  I can't believe someone would do that.  Everyone who knows about her knows she was found face down on her couch.  And the police photographer only appeared after they turned her over.  I have magazines, mostly from 1964.  She also appeared in magazines with her boyfriend Andrew Prine.  They were getting a lot of publicity.  I have all sorts of photos of her.  I've seen outtakes of her with Jerry Lewis.  She was also going to appear in The Nutty Professor.

There was an episode of True Hollywood Story, "Death of a Dream" about her and that was informative.  Last year Richard Belzer and a co-writer put out a book called "Hit List" about the suspicious deaths that occurred to people who knew too much about the Assassination.  Karyn might have been killed by a hit man to get Ruby off the first page of Chicago newspapers.  Belzer and David Wayne believe she was murdered to shut up Irv Kupcinet.  He was like a dog with a bone.  So I have a lot of info about her.

David Lange was suspicious.  I also have her autopsy.  Only once did I ever read about her in the scandal sheets.  It made Prine seem guilty.  David Lange was having an affair with Natalie Wood.

Kathy C 

Kathleen Collins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com