2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:54 AM

I hope all got to spend time with family and friends for this holiday.

I ate more than enough and slept thru the traditional football. And as usual photos were taken of three guys sitting on the couch snoring with the TV tryin' to keep us up on the game. It is a family/friends tradition. An unintentional one, but nevertheless the ladies will keep it going.

We the Y chromosome bearing ones did do a lot of work too, prep and cooking, but truth is truth.

Some friends no longer here are in the old versions of those pictures. Sometimes those are the only photos I have of great folks. Sleeping guys "watching football" used to be Cowboys and Indians always..

The young ones confirm humanity as always.

The domesticated critters made out begging as always.

What ever the way everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving, I hope everyone got to be with family and friends and enjoyed the day.

I know other nations have other days to celebrate but why not borrow other days to be grateful than just one?

It was a great idea FDR had to set aside a day for thanksgiving.

After all we have already had one Thanksgiving weekend ruined, stolen from us all in 1963.

And the NFL played on as if it all would heal us.... Rosell was a jerk.

I bet the adult men slept on the couch that time too but I don't remember.

As the Camelot "White House" was filled by family and such values, I am thankful to know as fact that governance does not have to be about 'national security' and oppression and  surveillance.

I am grateful for that.

Jim

#2 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:34 AM

After all we have already had one Thanksgiving weekend ruined, stolen from us all in 1963.

I hear the "Indians" had a bad day or two back in the early 17th Century, as well. But that's another story...

I do hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving. Julie and I spent it at home relaxing. My daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids live in Australia. My wife's family lives in

Pennsylvania, Maryland and Connecticut. So we've been pretty much on our own for the holidays for the past 5 years or so. I cooked two Cornish game hens with stuffing,

mashed potatoes & gravy, yams, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. We only ate one hen yesterday, saved the other for tonight. Yum.

Today we play mixed doubles tennis against two of our best friends who are our uber-enemies on the court. The husband happens to be 100% Cherokee. He was a tennis

pro at the Del Coronado Hotel for 20 years. His wife's entire (caucasian) family calls him "Chief" -- which doesn't help my confidence. So I call him "Tender Foot."

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#3 Guest_Darren Hastings_*

Guest_Darren Hastings_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:11 AM

Australia is a beautiful place.

We don't celebrate thanksgiving normally however I work with a lot of expat Americans so I've been informally celebrating it for years.

Hope all members across the ditch got to enjoy time with their families.

Bless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com