Photo

"The Penkovskiy Papers" another edited 'journal'?

Cuban Missile Crisis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:07 AM

Recently bought a paper copy of this work. It was read in high school.

My perspective on the history of this time has changed since.

Given that what is known to myself I have some suspicion about veracity and or completeness.

In that the Intell houses of the 'big three' were involved to some extent suspicion is only natural.

Dangle doesn't apply, too simplistic to me. Dangle was Oswald by Angleton.

I seek peer review.

My opinion leans towards the Gentry/Facilitators running an op to exercise some control over who knew what in the intentional Missile Crisis upcoming.

Implied by timing, did the "free" two Intell Spook Houses surrender their spy-in-place to the others?

I find odd some descriptions of Soviet citizens' living conditions, oppression and such. Knowing that some US operatives were flown into the Soviet Union on S.T.O.L. aircraft,

Would one knowing tradecraft as Mr. Penkovskiy did, keep a journal?

I figure all that is for debrief from memory.

I conclude that this work is much disinformation and as much truth as allowed in the super state then and now to lend credibility.

I do not doubt the veracity of Mr. Penkovskiy, I doubt the veracity of many assets involved in bringing the journal to the public.

The timing and means of publication I fond odd.

Jim

#2 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

Sponsors and highest-level Facilitators were/are, in Evica's neat, encompassing term, "above Cold War differences."  We won't gain deep appreciations of deep political operations originating on either side of the "Iron Curtain" until we accept the deeper meaning of this most felicitous construction, one that sub-textually references the theatricality at the core of the East v. West fictive construct.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#3 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

Pay no attention to the men behind the Iron Curtain.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#4 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

Thanks Charles,

They all hide behind a curtain so we are only to accept the ones on "our side" of the Iron.

This fits what I think about the Penkovskiy issue.

Timing and Presentation give away the "fun-and-games" of the Facilitators.

As the elder Dulles brother calling an individual in the Soviet Union to get Allen's luxury VIP Douglas aircraft back.

But we are not supposed to pay attention to crossing of communication unless revealed, sanitized and approved by the overseers.

As the "Penkovskiy Papers" were disclaimers aside.

Thanks Charles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cuban Missile Crisis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com