71 replies to this topic

#1 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:18 PM

Since it is that time of year we never forget ALL year I was wondering if my November Days Tribute that I posted on Rich's Forum in 2003 would be appropriate here. Sorry for my absence I have had a full plate lately ....

• Pamelakn likes this

#2 Adele Edisen

Adele Edisen

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:18 AM

Michelle,

I think your November Days Tribute would be most appropriate and welcome, too.

Thank you.

Adele

#3 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

Agreed.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#4 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

Please Michelle, it will be so very appreciated, I hope all is going somewhat easier for you of late...God Bless best b

#5 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

This is my November Days Tribute to The President and His Family. This is written not to remember how he died -but a remembrance of what was lost-

This is how it appeared on Rich's board but with some additions as I find them- I am always trying to find out more about the President his family and those days-

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

Very much looking forward to this, Michelle.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#7 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

Friday, November 1, 1963

9:10 am - President arrives at his office

9:40-9:55 am- President met with the newly appointed Ambassador to Norway H.E Hans Kristian Engen Hon. Angie Bittle Duke, Mr. William C. Burdett, Deputy Assistant Secretary of  State for European Affairs Mr. Thomas Hunt

10:55-12:15 pm- Vietnam Meeting (Off The Record) **

10:55 President Kennedy left the above meeting and went to "All Saints Day Mass" at Holy Trinity Church in Washington with Dave Powers he was at church from 11:02-11:29  am, then he returned to above meeting

1:14 pm-The President went to the Mansion (lunch)

4:20 pm-Returned to the office
Executive Order 11126 Establishing a committee and a Council relating to the status of women

5:50 pm To the Mansion-Theater

Christmas cards designed by Mrs Kennedy go on sale.

This Statement appears in the President's Public Papers 1963 while dated August 6 1963 it was prepared for publication in seven issues of November issue Magazines in connection with earlier interviews with the President

Statement by the President to American Women Concerning Their Rolein Securing World Peace November 1 1963

As others the most concerned with the human race They realize that the nuclear threat to their own families is a threat to all mankind.
  I have been asked how women can best translate their concern into effective participation for preserving peace. As a first step, there is no substitute for information. While the issues may be complex, they are not beyond the understanding of any intelligent person who takes the time to study them. And Understanding is not require either a military background for access to top-secret documents. The best sources of information on her own Congressman the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency in Washington.
  It is important, too, to encourage the widest possible discussion of arms control and disarmament questions – in church groups, in  parent- teacher associations, in  women's organization's of all kinds. You can contribute to the cause of peace by stimulating these groups to discuss the issues involved and to express their views.
  Finally, you can contribute most directly – the best Democratic tradition – by writing to your Representative and Senators when a specific issue. Peace is at debate and discussion. Nothing is more effective than a letter that reflects both an understanding of the question involved and a sincere expression of a personal viewpoint based on that understanding.
 I have said that control of arms is a mission that we undertake particularly for our children and our grandchildren, Washington. No one is better qualified to represent their interests mothers and grandmothers of America.-John F. Kennedy

Kennedy in the News  for November 1, 1963

At his news conference, Pres. Kennedy promised West Germany that there were no plans to reduce the number of US combat troops there. The President said that in addition to the six divisions in West Germany, he intended to keep there smaller units sent has reinforcements in 1961.

On Moscow's avowed withdrawal from the manned moon race, President Kennedy told his audience of reporters, "I would not make any bets at all on Soviet intentions." Mr. Kennedy, suggesting that the United States will assume the race is still on, held the "essential" space program should continue.

Declining go into details, Mr. Kennedy indicated that the we sell to Russia, still stalled over American cargo rates, would be concluded soon.

On the political side of things, the president assured the conference that Vice President Johnson would be on the Democratic ticket next year despite reports that he might be "dumped". From this assurance came the basic assumption that Mr. Kennedy himself would be a candidate.

Kennedy defends Kroth TFX inquiry

Kennedy scores Quality Stabilization bill

jfkatholytrinitychurchnov11963.jpg

Holy Trinity Church November 1 1963

journeyofthemaji.jpg

Mrs Jacqueline Kennedy's Christmas Card  Journey of the Magi

Edited by Michelle Morrissette, 05 November 2014 - 11:40 AM.

• Jim Hackett II likes this

#8 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

photos coming

#9 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

Michelle,

Would you mind it if I copy and paste this content to the "A day in the life of JFK" thread, as well? We can leave it here, too. I can add it to my ongoing President's Daily Diary entries.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#10 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:42 AM

I wouldn't mind at all.

#11 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

Thanks All.

Jim

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:23 AM

I wouldn't mind at all.

I decided to insert a link to your posts from this thread--instead of copying all of the content--to the other thread. [See here]

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#13 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

November 2, 1963 Saturday
President Kennedy was scheduled to go to Chicago to attend the Army Navy game, but canceled due to the crisis in Vietnam. Was he told of the plot  to assassinate him there?

The President learns of the assassination of President Diem and his brother.

9:00 am The President received a group of businessmen who were making a trip to Europe, sponsored by T IME

9:35-10:05 am-Vietnam meeting off the record

11:17 AM – The President Went to the Mansion

11:40 AM - The President returned to the office

11 40-12:00 - George Ball

12:15 PM- The President went to the Mansion  ( lunch)

4:30-5:35 pm - Vietnam meeting off the record

At 6:05 pm He leaves the White House by helicopter to spend the weekend at his new home in Atoka Va named "Wexford" named for the Irish County where the Kennedy Family originated.

At 6:40 pm -He arrives at Wexford to spend the weekend with Mrs. Kennedy and the children

signthatremains.jpg

Kennedy in the News for November 2

Without making public statements to the effect, the Kennedy Administration welcomes the coup as an aid in the war against Communist – led guerrillas. Officials who did not direct involvement conceded that President Kennedy's denunciation of President Ngo Dinh Diem and under pressure made possible.

The Soviet Union launched Flight 1, a new variety of unmanned satellite that performed horizontal and vertical maneuvers. At a diplomatic reception in Moscow, Premier Khrushchev announced the launching one week after saying Russia was out of the race with the United States to the moon. He also noted that Moscow was studying Pres. Kennedy's proposal for a joint flight.

Bonn welcomes Kennedy's comments on troops

Pentagon denies McNamara misled President

#14 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:17 PM

Michelle this is incredible. Thank you for posting this!!!!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#15 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

The "plot" to assassinate JFK in Chicago was developed as a dramatic construct -- a doppelganger to the Dallas operation.  It was designed by high-level assassination Facilitators as a mirror image of the real thing -- one that would be thwarted at the eleventh hour.

As the late Bud Fensterwald taught George Michael Evica and me: every intel op has at least two objectives.  In the case of Chicago:

1. A foiled Chicago doppelganger would explain away and render moot any leaks of the coming real deal.  Relax, everyone.  The threat has been dealt with.

2. As is the case with all elements of the Doppelganger Gambit in the JFK conspiracy, the Chicago drama would help misdirect and otherwise render impotent investigators and scholars for 50-plus years.

I've concluded that JFK indeed was told of these events.  Recall his November 21 assurance to a deeply concerned San Antonio Congressman Henry Gonzalez: "The secret Service told me that they have taken care of everything.  There's nothing to worry about."

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#16 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:45 PM

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#17 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

November 3 1963 Sunday

9:57 am The President Mrs Kennedy, Caroline and John Jr., left the residence and motored to St. Stephen Martyr Church

10:00-10:45-Mass St Stephen Martyr Church

10:46 -Departed church and motored to the residence of Henry Weaver -Glengyle -to look at wolfhounds

11:16 -Departed Glengyle and returned to Atoka

11:35 -The family arrived at Atoka

No further activity recorded for this day

President Kennedy in the news November 3 1963

Canceling plans to attend a football game, President Kennedy met twice with security advisers on the question of relations with the new Saigon regime. While they waited for the Government to take a more permanent shape, the White House and Defense Department kept official silence.

Some Additional Information on Wexford-

-The Home has only had 3 owners including the President and Mrs. Kennedy

Mrs Kennedy sold the home to Quing Non Wong for the price that was not published back then of $225,000 They moved in Jan 1965 -His wife was named Jacqueline also.

-IWexford came up for sale again around the time of the 50th anniversary of the President's Assassination with a price of $10.995 Mil

-The house was originally 39 acres-it is now 166 acres

But the house seems untouched from when the President and family were there

Lot size : 167.00 Acres, Bathrooms: 4,Garage Spaces: 3,Size: 5,050.00 Sq Ft  4 Bedrooms, 1 half Bath

This one story 5050 square foot home home, rich with character, features original parquet floors, his and her dressing rooms, multiple fireplaces, a formal dining, built-in cabinets and bookcases, nine foot ceilings and alternate power generators.  The surroundings include natural stone landscaping, flagstone pool deck with an outdoor cooking area, vine covered trellises, stone patio and a tennis court. The basement space under the house conceals equipment and utilities. This equestrian property has stables for horses that include water, electrical, storage for hay and two separate living areas.  There is also a separate three car garage with bath and second floor studio/office exists as well.  The property still contains an underground bunker and dependencies used by Secret Service personnel.

The Master Bathroom has the bathtub JFK had imported from England, and the huge fireplace was JFK's idea

They were talking about expanding the house and adding more rooms.

The Fireplace was JFK's idea

23-study-700x450.jpg

JFK'S Bathtub imported from England extra long for his bad back

bathtub.jpg

Hallway inside with Mrs Kennedy's White House photo on the wall

hallwithJackiesphoto2.jpg

The Living Room - Floors are original

31-LR-views-700x450.jpg

The Barn -Now

22-barn-700x450.jpg

Then

October 27 1963 -Mrs. Kennedy,The President-John Jr and Lem Billings

wexfordOct271963.jpg

The President and Mrs Kennedy at Wexford with Ben and Toni Bradlee and Leprechaun, the President was proud Caroline had chosen this Irish name for the horse-After Mrs Kennedy passed away the pants that the President was wearing in this  photo were found and they still had some sugar cubes in the pocket

AtWexford.jpg

#18 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

November 4 1963 Monday

9:15 AM The President arrived  forin the office
9:30 -10:00 a.m. the Hon. Walter Heller off the record
10:15 to 10:45 AM The President met with Dean Rusk Robert McNamara
12:00-12:20- President Kennedy met with the governors of Delaware and Maryland and the Hon. Daniel B Brewster, Mr. Charles Keil The Administrative Assistant to Gov. Carville, Mr.N. Maxon Terry, Chairman Delaware State Highway Department, Mr. Ed Collin Director Delaware State Development Department

The above came to see the President  concerning the invitation he had received to dedicate the hundred million dollar toll road which extends north of the Baltimore Tunnel to the Delaware Memorial Bridge – – the Delaware Turnpike and the Maryland Northeastern Expressway

The President agreed to participate in the dedication ceremonies on November 14, 1963
12:40-12:45 Honorable Millard Tawes , Honorable Daniel B. Brewster
12:45-1:05 - Mister Charles Allen, Mister Earl T Smith (off the record)
1:30 PM The President went to the pool, then to the Mansion (lunch)
4:33 PM the President returned to the office, and conferred with Staff Officials during the remainder of the afternoon
7:18 PM That President went to the pool
8 PM To the Mansion

The President then dictated privately his feelings about the coup in Vietnam
Monday, November 4, 1963. The… Over the weekend, the coup in Saigon took place, colonnaded three months of conversation about it coup, conversation which divided the government here and Saigon. Opposed to a coup was General Taylor; the Attorney General; Secretary McNamara; to a somewhat lesser degree, John McCone, partly because of an old hostility to Lodge, which causes him to let, Nancy and Lodges judgment, partly, too, as a result of a new hostility because Lodge shifted his station chief. In favor of the coup was State, led by Averill Harriman, George Ball, Roger Hillsman, supported by Mike Forrestal at the White House. I feel that we must bear a good deal of responsibility for it, beginning with our cable of early August in which we suggested the coup. In my judgment, that wire was badly drafted, and never should've been set on a Saturday, I should not have given consent to it without a roundtable conference in which McNamara and Taylor could represent their views. While we did redress that balance in later wires, at first were encouraged Lodge of all a course to which he was in any case inclined. Harkins continued to oppose the coup on the grounds that the military effort was doing well.There was a sharp split between Siagon and the rest of the country. Politically,the situation is deteriorating. Militarily they had not had its effect. There was a feeling however that it would for this reason ,Secretary McNamara and GeneralTaylor supported aplying additional pressure to Diem andNhu in order to move them....

Considering what was about to happen that we did not know then this is a special moment between a father you son

John F. Kennedy Junior enters the room

JFK: Do you want to say anything? Say hello.
John: Hello.
JFK: Say it again.
John: Naughty,naughty Daddy.
JFK: Why did the leaves fall?
John: Because it's autumn.
JFK: Why does the snow, on the ground?
: John: Because It's Winter.
JFK: Why do the leaves turn green?
John: Because it's spring.
JFK: When do we go to the Cape? Hyannisport?
John: Because it's summer.
JFK Its summer.
John [laughter] Your horses

John F. Kennedy Junior exits room

When John Junior left his father, he then I think whooping laugh. It was not like the last the president usually heard, calculated gestures modulated by what seemed to please him. This was a loving, taunting, wondrous laugh from a son who saw only the happiness of the world.

After John leaves the room the president continues with his thoughts
JFK: I was shocked by the death of Diem and Nhu. I had met Diem with Justice Douglas many years ago. He was an extraordinary character, and while he became increasingly difficult in the last months, nevertheless, over a 10 year period he held his country together to maintain its independence under very adverse conditions. The way he was killed made it particularly abhorrent. The question now, whether the generals can stay together and build a stable government, or whether Saigon will begin to turn on public opinion in Saigon. The intellectuals, students, etc., will turn on discovery as repressive and under Democratic in the not-too-distant future.
  Also, we have another test on the Autobahn today. This is serious, and not the result of any misunderstanding. It's obviously a determination by the Soviets to demonstrate that they determine the conditions under which we move on the autobahn. We are tempting to determine that we have free access and that therefore are not subject to their artificial rules. This is a substantive matter, and we cannot tell how it will end.
  Also concerned about the perspective anomic of all the American all contracts. The Argentine. This will mean that the Hickenlooper Amendment goes into effect, and we'll find it very difficult to give them assistance, and it will make our relations more better. We may have a similar situation in Peru. The use of the Hickenlooper Amendment in Ceylon has not been a happy augury for its use in other countries, particularly in Latin America, where nationalist passions run high.
 Adenauer said that we should have pulled the wall down in 1961, that for 60 hours we work demobilized in spite of their fervent pleas. This is totally erroneous. I asked Bundy to get together a whole record on that. to show that no German party, new major paper, certainly not our military, nor that of France or England, advocated any action such as that.

Other Presidential Activities:

President Kennedy issues Proclamation 3560 for Thanksgiving Day,1963

President Kennedy signs into law a bill (HR 3306) establishing a $900,000 revolving loan fund to Indian tribes for services of expert witnesses in prosecuting claims before the Indian Claims Commission. (PL 88 – 168).

President Kennedy signs into law a bill (HR 6225) authorizing the appropriation of up to 45 million in grants and loans for the government of Guam to finance public works and community development projects. (PL 88 – 170)

President Kennedy signs into law a bill (HR 6481) ratifying Guam legislatures creation of an urban renewal on housing agency. (PL 88 – 171)

The Dictabelt

2dicabelt2.jpg

Edited by Michelle Morrissette, 07 November 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#19 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

Tuesday, November 5, 1963

8:45 AM Legislative Leaders Breakfast

9:20 AM President arrived in the office

12:07- 12:20 PM Mister Spencer King, Mister John Martin,Mister Edwin Martin, Honorable Ralph Dungan

1 PM The President went to the pool
1:35 PM To the Mansion.
3:50 PM The President returned to the office
4 PM The President received members of the US Industrial Payroll Savings Committee in the Garden
4:15-5:45 p.m. Off The Record Meeting On Berlin

President Kennedy in the news November 5, 1963

The Kennedy administration is deeply disturbed over the reported assassination of President Ngo Dinh Diem and his brother,Ngo Dinh Nhu. If it conclusively develops that the two men were killed by insurgent soldiers the Administration is expected issue a strong condemnation of the new Vietnamese rulers.

Kentucky's Gubernatorial election today is seen as a test of President Kennedy civil rights policies. The Republicans have been attacking those policies but the Democrats are expected to win.
Philadelphia vote may test Kennedy popularity.

President Kennedy's proclamation 3560 Thanksgiving Day is released
Mrs. Kennedy and the children returned to the White House from WexfordPersonally Kennedy's Remarks to members of the US Industrial Payroll Savings Committee
Gentlemen:
 I want to express my thanks to all of you – particularly to your chairman, Mr. Geneen, for the effort that he has made – and all of you have made this year.
  This has been the most successful campaign since 1945 and, as all of you know very well from your own experience, these crazy not just happen; they are made to happen, and it has required a good deal of effort by your chairman and by all of you, and we are very grateful to you.
  I think we will have one of the half-million new participants in this program by the end of the year. And, as Secretary of the Treasury has said, it assist us in maintaining our debt management policies, and it also assists the people involved. It gives me make greater security, a greater participation in the well-being of this country. So, from every point of view this program is worthwhile. It deserves the time you put into it.
 I want to express my very sincere thanks to all of you in the companies you represent which led the way, is the figures show. We are very glad that Mister Milliken has agreed to undertake this responsibility for the coming year. So, as always if you want something done, you find the busiest man to do it and, in these two cases, this example has been proven and it will be proved again next year.
Thank you.

Proclamation 3560: Thanksgiving Day. November 5, 1963  dated November 4, 1963
By the President of the United States of American a Proclamation:
  Over three centuries ago, or for fathers in Virginia and in Massachusetts, far from home in a lovely wilderness, set aside a time of Thanksgiving. On the appointed day, they gave reverent thanks for their safety, for the health of their children, for the fertility of their fields, for the love which bound them together and for the faith which united them with their God.
  So too when the colonies achieved their independence, our first President in the first year of his first Administration proclaimed November 26, 1789 as "a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God" and called upon the people of the new Republic to "beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions… To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue… Anteriorly to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temp oral prosperity has He alone knows to be best."
Space-based and so too, in the midst of America's tragic civil war, President Lincoln proclaimed the last Thursday of November 1863 as a day to renew our gratitude for America's "fruitful fields," for our "national strength and vigor," and for all our "singular deliverances and blessings."
  Much time has passed since the first colonists came to Rocky shore's in dark force of an unknown continent, much time since President Washington led a young people into the experience of nationhood, much time since presently consult the American nation to the ordeal of fraternal war – and in these years our population, are plenty in our power have all grown apace. Today we are a nation of nearly 200,000,000 souls, stretching from coast-to-coast, on into the Pacific and north toward the Arctic, a nation enjoying the fruits of an ever expanding agriculture and industry and achieving standards of living unknown in previous history. We give our humble thanks for this.
  Yet, as our power has grown, so has our peril. Today we give our thanks, most of all, toward the ideals of honor in faith we inherit from our forefathers – for the decency of purpose, steadfastness of resolve and strength of will, for the courage and the humility, which they possessed in which we must seek every day to emulate. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.
  Let us therefore proclaimed our gratitude to Providence for manifold blessings – let us be humbly thankful for inherited ideals – and let us resolve to share this blessings and those ideals with our fellow human beings throughout the world.
  Now, Therefore, I,, John F. Kennedy, president of the United States of America, in consonance with the joint resolution of the Congress approved December 26, 1941, 55 Stat. 862 (5 U.S.C. 87b),designating the fourth Thursday of November in each year as Thanksgiving Day, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 28, 1963 as a day of national Thanksgiving.
  On that day let us gather in sanctuaries dedicated to worship and in homes blessed by family affection to express our gratitude for the glorious gifts of God; and let us earnestly and humbly pray that he will continue to guide and sustain us in the great unfinished tasks of achieving peace, justice, and understanding among all men and nations and of ending misery and suffering wherever they exist.
  In Witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the United States of America to be affixed.
 Done at the City of Washington this fourth day of November, in the year of our Lord 1963, and of the Independence of the United States of America the 188 John F. Kennedy

These remarks and Proclamation can be found in The Public Papers of the President John F. Kennedy 1963 pages 835-6

His Thanksgiving Day proclamation is still appropriate today.

Ben and Toni Bradlee were guests and a last-minute dinner party. Calls that brought good news Europe and dinner, and union of the Bradlee's about their failure to enroll their daughter and snobby dancing school.

Edited by Michelle Morrissette, 07 November 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#20 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

November 6, 1963
9:40 AM – The President arrived in the office
10:10-10:25-The Honorable William Benton
12:55 PM The President went to the pool
1:15 PM To the Mansion for luncheon for Ohio Editors and publishers
4:45 PM the President returned to office
5:45-6:45 Honorable Walter Reuther (off the record)
7:38 PM The President went to the pool
8:13 PM To the Mansion (small private dinner at the White House)

Ambassador David Ormsby-Gore was a guest

President Kennedy to Ambassador Henry Cabott Lodge in's Saigon discussing US policy in light of the recent coup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com