12 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:57 AM

"Well sister, the answer is, uh, 'Yes,' my doggy really did eat my homework that time! I know because my big brother, Joe, actually hand fed it to her!"

The-ruler.jpg

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

>Grin, LOL<

Little wonder Bobby admired his brother.

#3 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay Area, FL

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

Who is this woman?  Is she the one who remembers what happened when she was 7 years.  I also remember quite

clearly at age 7.

Kathleen Collins

"And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal." -- JFK

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." -- JFK

Kathleen Collins

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:22 AM

No Kathy. I made it all up. I don't even know who she is.

It is a joke. I was attempting humor. When you have to explain it the joke loses its funny edge though. I was "quoting" a make-believe line from JFK. He was saying that he couldn't

believe that the nun could remember what happened while he was 7 years old in her 2nd grade class. After all, she must have had hundreds (perhaps thousands) of students in the

20 years or more that she taught school--and she still remembers him.

So there are layered "jokes" all in one for your grinning pleasure.

1) This nun, who just happened to be at the White House, was giving the President of the United States a hard time over a missing homework assignment from nearly 40 years earlier

2) As a child in her class the President of the United States had told her that his doggy ate his homework

3) He was explaining that his apparently contrived excuse (doggy ate it) was actually true because his older brother fed it to the dog on purpose

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

That nun went on to become Golda Meir.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

Sister Mary Meir.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#7 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Sister Mary My Ass!

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#8 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hey, it was MY joke. MY punchline. And therefore you WILL enjoy it!  :D

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#9 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

It went over my head.  I thought you were talking about Kennedy and the old woman.  Was she Golda Meir?  I

remember Ingrid Bergman having breast cancer and then making a TV movie in which she played Golda Meir.  Hey, I

just remembered: Today's my birthday.  I'm going to dinner with a couple and friends.  

Kathy C

"And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal." -- JFK

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." -- JFK

Kathleen Collins

#10 Guest_Darren Hastings_*

Guest_Darren Hastings_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

Happy birthday Kathy  :)

#11 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

Happy Birthday, Kathy! Enjoy it.

[And, yes, it is Golda My Ear -- not a nun]

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#12 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Thank you for all the happy birthdays.

Kathy C

Kathleen Collins

#13 Denise Giddens

Denise Giddens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

**clink**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com