11 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

Since we now have more than 1500 members (and are adding more each day) it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to send personal messages and/or emails to those who are not using their real FIRST and LAST name when applying for membership. Up until recently I personally sent emails to those who were attempting to join the Forum, but were registering a fictitious "screen name" as their Username. In the email I would explain why the rules require that prospective members must use their real name for registration and I would offer them the opportunity to re-apply for membership.

However, as time has gone by the number of "fake" accounts being attempted each day by "spammers" has grown to the point that it has become unreasonable for me to continue this courtesy. As a result, I am no longer sending these explanatory emails to the attempted registrant as most of the time the emails bounce anyway indicating a spam or otherwise fake user is involved.

Going forward all IP addresses associated with Usernames that are not in compliance with the Rules of Engagement will be banned from the Forum unless and until the registrant appeals the rejection by email. In this way I will be assured that the owner of that IP address is not a "robotic" account, but belongs to a real human.

Unfortunately this change will, no doubt, result in the inadvertent exclusion of some sincere applicants who will not know why their membership application was rejected unless they bother to read the "START HERE" section of the Forum, which is prominently displayed at the TOP of the page or until they email me for an explanation for the rejection.

I apologize in advance to any who may feel that they were unfairly excluded, but the success of the Forum (meaning the number of new applicants) is growing beyond my ability to automatically extend the personalized tutorial any longer. Anyone who has themselves been--or knows of anyone who has been--rejected (banned) due to an innocuous Username Violation should contact me personally for review of their case.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

• MarilynKaky, RobertCesk, Ergestpn and 1 other like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

Not an easy job and as much as I know you and wethemembers value freedom of expression the effort is required, though running a bit against the grain,

nor is the nurture of this site without large effort either.

You have much gratitude from 5 folks that read this site from my home.

(only I post in my name obviously from repeated grammar and spelling errors :) )

#3 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:25 PM

Very fair and understandable to anyone who is sincere, I am somewhat ,though I should not be surprised that the distrubers still continue with their wee bag of tricks that were caught onto, so very long ago, good on you Greg, and thank you again for all you do, and put up with, your immense patience has grown with the years.....best b :D

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:20 AM

Patient? Me? My, my, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever accused me of being!

Many thanks Beans.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Shelby dellaRosa

Shelby dellaRosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

I goofed. Will fix later today. Apologies.

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

I goofed. Will fix later today. Apologies.

Welcome to the Forum, Shelby! I fixed your username for you. You can either use a photo of yourself or no photo at all for your profile picture. [Rich taught me well.]

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#7 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

Although I never enjoyed the honor of meeting your husband, and we have yet to shake hands, I warmly welcome you to an endeavor that in a most real way would not have been attempted absent the unwavering commitments to truth and justice of (if I may) Rich.

Benvenuto, signora!

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#8 Adele Edisen

Adele Edisen

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:07 AM

Hi, Shelby!

I just had to say "Hello" to you, and tell you how happy it makes me feel to see you here.

Lots and lots of hugs and best wishes to you and your family.

Adele

#9 Shelby dellaRosa

Shelby dellaRosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:35 AM

Hi everyone! It is wonderful to see so many familiar faces here!  And thank you, Charles, for the kind words about Rich.

• David Healy likes this

#10 David Healy

David Healy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

Hi everyone! It is wonderful to see so many familiar faces here!  And thank you, Charles, for the kind words about Rich.

Shelby... GREAT seeing you here. All is well?

David

p.s. I still miss Rich.

#11 Kenneth Drew

Kenneth Drew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for accepting me as a member.  I'm a long time follower of the assassination and complete believer in conspiracy.  I like to discuss and learn as much as I can. 

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Kenneth!

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com