#1 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:38 PM

Cognitive Dissonance in history,

Two Midwest mechanics shed the university bound determinations that heavier than air controlled flight was impossible and not practical in 1900. The cognitive dissonance that flying cannot be done was garbage product of the best, most prestigious universities around the world and all the rest of educated societies from coast to coast and over the oceans. Pilcher and Lilienthal died attempting to fly gliders and still some knew it was possible and attempted the feat.

The successful brothers tried first the best advances of science in their designs. Their high school math didn’t let them down, the assumptions of coefficient values of science were wrong. Consider for a moment so called bicycle mechanics educated no farther than public schools had the physics and trig down as only high school grads with the self education of interests in racing bicycles and selling bicycles. Now compare that to the education today of high school grads IF parents leave the education to the slime-on-the-video and schools.

The Wright Brothers shed the cognitive dissonance when they learned the science was wrong by hands on experimentation. Home in Dayton they built a world class wind tunnel and test apparatus from scrap spokes and hack saw blades. An aeronautical lab to rewrite the bad science and do their own critical thinking. They established the real coefficient of lift and drag for their machines and redesigned a new one using that data.

In that choice the die was cast and the first human controlled powered flight of a heavier than air craft was only a matter of time. Shedding the false science and exercising critical thinking the impossible was accomplished. And further refined outside Dayton to practicality.

It took five years before the world accepted the reality of the Wrights flying machines, but it had to admit the truth before the World War of 1914.

Critical Thinking and refusal to participate in cognitive dissonance can force the world to change.

• Egznstrd likes this

#2 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:52 AM

Hear, hear

Jim, I read a biography adding some glimpses of their youth, racing sleds, lowering the height of the runners and rubbing them with candles

A mother who told them to get it right on paper and it'd be right in fact

Very like my older wiser brother the mechanical engineer, plan your work, work your plan

You set up a paradigm whereby we may see the "oh we'll never know" of the academy, the expert disdain for the seeker after truth and justice

We have the early excellent questioners, Lane, and Meagher, and Weisberg

Piercing research and development by Evica and Scott and Newman

A meteor in the Stone JFK which inspired a nation to force its congress to make the agencies deliver

We're past the "if God had wished man to fly"

He did

He gave us our predecessors, our books, our minds, this forum

He gave us language and reason

Or leaving the Bach metaphysics

we stumbled into a great universe next door

where Big Brother is on the telescreen over the bar

assuring us the Warren Commission is the cat's pajamas

and we laugh and shoot out the screen

#3 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

Outside the paradigm is the only way we can be free as your post says in effect...

the Dulles clip is priceless!.

I'm awestruck by the strides of mankind done when someone breaks out of the limitations of the day.

By accounts the Wrights were odd, well good for them, independence lends itself well to inquiry.

I too read about the kids that were taught in their home and schools to think for themselves when required.

As the gasoline engine they had machined for the aircraft after it was developed to safe state for a pilot,

no one had one for sale or hire that would apply,

and the propellers  - they hired the fine furniture craftsmen and instrument makers to help carve them out of rock maple.

Knowing a prop to be only a rotary wing.

Choice after choice, they did it themselves.

With precision and craftmanship knowing it was to be done with effort.

God didn't have to give them wings as you said.

He gave them the ability to do it without direct divine intervention.

I figure that pleased God more than another miracle wasted on the paradigm.

I also bet the Wright Brothers were thoroughly enjoying what they did as adventurous as they were in life.

All the pathfinders, Newman and Meaghler and Hougan and Weisberg and Prouty and Evica and Horne

and all the rest bashed down the paradigm. It is a tattered rag of a curtain the fools hide behind now.

None of the reality is hidden well enough to escape examnation from outside the limitations on liberty of the mind.

Liberty of the mind is a gift not to be given up.

We only have to reject cognitive dissonance and face the truth as graphic and harmful to spirit as it is.

And Liberty is contagious! Everyone wants it.

Liberty is the payoff to my view - a 10 gauge Mossie to the slime on the video in that next door universe.

Jim

• Chuck Barlow likes this

#4 Chuck Barlow

Chuck Barlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationFort Worth TX

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:04 AM

Cognitive Dissonance...... I'm a former sufferer of this affliction.  I couldn't believe that mom, apple pie, chevrolet and uncle sam could be the bad guys. We wore the white hats and it was those Godless,heathen,communist,homo morfodites who were the cause of all the chaos in the world. I'm not proud to admit that I vacillated back and forth on the conspiracy/lone nut question many times over these past five decades.

Even Stone's movie JFK couldn't loosen my CG shackles. I'll never claim to be the brightest bulb on the tree. It took re-reading the 1967 interview with Jim Garrison about 6 years ago to finally set me free. The first time I read that interview ... I was 18 and was constantly being distracted by that big, fold out, full color picture ,that they, for some reason, had to put into that magazine....Put there no doubt, by the very same dark forces who try to divert us from seeing the truth today.

#5 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

Rich DellaRosa once told me that he suffered from Cognitive Dissonance when he was reading / looking at Playboy Magazine, too. He said he actually believed that: "Miss January's right one was equally impressive as her left one."  Go figure.

• Jim Hackett II likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#6 Chuck Barlow

Chuck Barlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationFort Worth TX

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

Rich DellaRosa once told me that he suffered from Cognitive Dissonance when he was reading / looking at Playboy Magazine, too. He said he actually believed that: "Miss January's right one was equally impressive as her left one."  Go figure

I know that this forum is for serious research because the murder of JFK was a such horrific act. It's good to see though, that there can be room for a moment to smile. Humor acts as a pressure relief mechanism and helps maintain one's sanity while dealing with what can  be a very depressing and grim business. 

#7 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

Agreed. It is one thing to insert a touch of levity for comic relief from the macabre, but derailing a thread with it or distracting from the mission by posting nonsensical drivel is quite another.

Now back to the subject.

Jim said: "Liberty of the mind is a gift not to be given up."   Profound.

The slavery of the 21st Century is neither the symbolic nor the actual result of the placement of physical shackles around the ankles and wrists of the enslaved. Rather, it is the PERCEPTION that there exists no way out of the "hard labor camp" of human existence, save for death, that binds us to the will of our captors. And it is from such a PERCEPTION that all cognitive dissonance springs. Yet, that which molds our PERCEPTION is nothing more than context. And what determines that context if not the paradigms from which we construct our world? Change the paradigm and you can change the world.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#8 Chuck Barlow

Chuck Barlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationFort Worth TX

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

Greg ..  or  Jim  .. With the increased militarization of the local police forces and the creation of the nazi sounding homeland security domestic army and the purchases of millions of rounds of hollow point ammunition, Isn't it looking like less perceived and more actual enslavement?

#9 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

Greg .... With the increased militarization of the local police forces and the creation of the nazi sounding homeland security domestic army and the purchases of millions of rounds of hollow point ammunition, Isn't it looking like less perceived and more actual enslavement?

[emphasis added]

Double Speak? When the desired perception drawn from "what it looks like" is achieved, then the usage of such means to enslave becomes unnecessary.

==================================================================================================================

Sun Tzu -- The Art of War

All warfare is based on deception.   -- [READ: False Perception]

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. 

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. 

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. 

If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. 

Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

These military devices, leading to victory, must not be divulged beforehand. 

Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand. Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat: how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose. 

• Jim Hackett II likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#10 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

I recently read that John Brennan leveraged Petraeus' fascination with The Lady with the Staple at Her Navel to become the DCI

xpn1pj.jpg

The NRO satellite launched earlier this year bears the logo of an octopus declaring "Nothing Is Beyond Our Reach"

Edward Snowden reveals http://intelreport.m...APT1_Report.pdf the intelligence agencies permeate all media to harvest data for the new NSA facility in Utah

Ike used C.D. Jackson in war and peace, a chief of psyops who in an October '52 speech had Ike calling for all agencies to speak with one voice even as McBoy George Bundy did in the curious fourth clause of the draft NSAM 273

The Wizard of Oz commands us to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

But, Mama, that's where the fun is

Jim uses the Wright Brothers as historic example of pioneers advancing human civilization by not accepting Beyond There Be Dragons

Mama Cass Sunstein attempts to imprison the Emerald City

The assassination of John F. Kennedy, Thirty-Fifth President of the United States, was intended to silence dissent

Dealey Plaza equals Tiananmen Square equals Budapest

Allen Dulles and Cass Sunstein, you're still allied with Uranus

5ldxdk.jpg

#11 Chuck Barlow

Chuck Barlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationFort Worth TX

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

I may have been slow to unshackle, but I no longer believe the tunes played on The Mighty Wurlitzer. I now know they are hollow,soulless insects in human form, playing false flag dirges, attempting to inflame human passions and emotions to get us to do their bidding. Unlike Dubya, I remember how the saying  goes; Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. 

#12 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Kudos to all contributors.

A simple idea led to better and more precise information.

Better still a restatement and a better one than my own idea.

If anyone can read the post by Greg and not receive the point.... I don't know what to add....

"The slavery of the 21st Century is neither the symbolic nor the actual result of the placement of physical shackles around the ankles and wrists of the enslaved. Rather, it is the PERCEPTION that there exists no way out of the "hard labor camp" of human existence, save for death, that binds us to the will of our captors. And it is from such a PERCEPTION that all cognitive dissonance springs. Yet, that which molds our PERCEPTION is nothing more than context. And what determines that context if not the paradigms from which we construct our world? Change the paradigm and you can change the world."

Stunning in depth of thought. Better point than I raised expressed better than I could do.

Phil laid out the means of the imposition of the false paradigm into our lives and spirits and minds.

Mr. Barlow laid out the changes wrought by casting the imposed perceptions off to the junk pile. I think most have experienced this in some manner.

I love my nation's people and organic documents but I have to detest the duplicity and discrimination of this goverment.

You ALL have my thanks even if not noted above.

Jim

As for Miss January.... I never saw any of those that I didn't like.

Choose one over the other? Why?

Equally 'wunnerful!'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com