#1 Brian Kelshaw

Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationWolverhampton, UK.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:13 AM

I've started this thread under Crime Scene because I think it's the only place it fits. I have the H*****y C*****l DVD set "The JFK Collection" which includes "JFK:3 shots that changed America". I bought it solely for this particular documentary after reading an Amazon review that said it had lots of raw footage of the scrum at the DPD. As such it is compulsive viewing.

One thing that struck me from the moment I started seriously studying the assassination were the scenes of Lee being dragged from pillar to post through corridors crammed with newsmen. To this viewer, it just seemed plain wrong.

To allow those people to virtually "occupy" the building whilst a suspect in a murder case was under investigation violates every tenet of impartial justice.

No reason is acceptable for this to have been allowed, full stop. The "we wanted to show the media we weren't mistreating him" argument is nonsense. By showing him, no parading him like a show pony, they were mistreating him.

This was deliberate, and so whilst not contrived directly by the DPD was most likely suggested by someone who had it suggested to them by someone...and so on up to the architects.
  • Larry Trotter and Edwardcaum like this

#2 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

The deviation from routine DPD booking procedures and the relaxation of security around the accused party, particularly with regards to access granted to the press, began many hours prior to Oswald having been charged with the crime of assassinating the president. My sources from that era tell me that "...within the DPD the vast majority of cops believed that Oswald killed a police officer, but had yet to link him--even in their own minds--to the assassination."

My sources told me that the notion "We wanted to show the media we weren't mistreating him..." was more based on previous accusations that the DPD mistreated those prisoners who were believed to have injured (or in this case killed) a fellow police officer. Oftentimes prisoners who were suspected of hurting a DPD officer would later turn up badly bruised or banged up as a result of officer misconduct at the precinct AFTER they arrived back at the station. This growing "open to the press" culture, in such cases, certainly posed a convenient opportunity for the co-conspirators.

• Larry Trotter, Michael Cross and Edwardcaum like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#3 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

On one level it was a form of Roman triumph -- a blood and circus in which the evil foe is paraded through, in this case, the Infernal City in preparation for his execution.  At which point accounts are settled, blood lust is sated, and life can return to abnormal.

• Larry Trotter and Edwardcaum like this
"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#4 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

Charles,

Profound agreement, but noted with sadness and regret.

Marty Feldman "His name was abbie normal."

>Grin<

#5 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:28 PM

Shouldnt Brians "The media circus was part of the plot" and discussions of "Operation Mockingbird" be under the same heading? 

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:02 AM

Shouldnt Brians "The media circus was part of the plot" and discussions of "Operation Mockingbird" be under the same heading? 

No.

Operation Mockingbird is the CIA's infiltration of the media through penetration or recruitment for the purpose of influencing the content of the stories being written. Brian's topic is focused on the DPD's breach of normal protocol regarding the media being granted access to the suspect. Two entirely different subjects.

• Larry Trotter likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#7 Brian Kelshaw

Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationWolverhampton, UK.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

No.

Operation Mockingbird is the CIA's infiltration of the media through penetration or recruitment for the purpose of influencing the content of the stories being written. Brian's topic is focused on the DPD's breach of normal protocol regarding the media being granted access to the suspect. Two entirely different subjects.

Thanks Greg. As I explained, I thought carefully before choosing the topic heading. But it didn't really take much thought. If you accept that "the crime" encompasses the killings of JFK, Lee Oswald and JD Tippit, then obviously I'm discussing one of three crime scenes.

Of course I wouldn't be Brian (or Alex Hidell ☺) if I didn't have a rant, and my rant postulated that the DPD building became the scene of what I consider a crime before it became the scene of what everyone knows was a crime.

Ps, Staffan, this post may answer a question I'm about to pose you on Facebook!
  • Staffan H Westerberg likes this

#8 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

You are welcome, Brian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users