#1 Admin Staff

Admin Staff

Admin Staff

• Administrators
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

1) Go to Google.com
2) Search for the term "assassination of JFK" without the quotation marks
3) Scroll through until you see the main site: AssassinationOfJFK.net - right now it's anywhere from page 3 to page 5 in the "Google Dance"
4) Click the link when you see it
5) Leave your browser tab open for as long as you can, click a few pages if you have the time

That's it.

When we get to the top of Google for our primary keyword term (assassination of jfk) - and it's "when" not "if" - this project has a chance to gain a lot of traction and to do a lot of good.  We welcome you to be a part of it.

This is secret ninja SEO stuff and not to be shared beyond the boundaries of this forum. B)

• Pete Engwall, Christynof, Andrewgrof and 2 others like this

#2 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

I'm on it. I'm gonna go click around. I want us up there with that trash hole wikipedia.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#3 Stan Wilbourne

Stan Wilbourne

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Dear Founding Members,

I move we adopt Christina Gill.

Seriously, Christina.  Thank you so much for everything you're doing to breathe life into this forum in these early stages.

Posting in the morning.  Posting in the evening.  All over this land...

I'm on it. I'm gonna go click around. I want us up there with that trash hole wikipedia.

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Dear Founding Members,

I move we adopt Christina Gill.

Seriously, Christina.  Thank you so much for everything you're doing to breathe life into this forum in these early stages.

Posting in the morning.  Posting in the evening.  All over this land...

I second the motion.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Aww thanks guys!! I'm touched. I'm happy to have a place to share my thoughts and ideas with people who are passionate about this like I am. Thank you for the warm welcome.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#6 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay Area, FL

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

Dear Greg,

I searched on Google and found your site on page 5.  I clicked there and stayed on the browser for about 2 hours.  I also searched on Bing till page 20 and this site was not listed on those pages.

Kathleen Collins

"And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal." -- JFK

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." -- JFK

Kathleen Collins

#7 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Dear Greg,

I searched on Google and found your site on page 5.  I clicked there and stayed on the browser for about 2 hours.  I also searched on Bing till page 20 and this site was not listed on those pages.

Kathleen Collins

Welcome to the Forum, Kathy. Different areas will yield different results. Here in San Diego BING has us on Page One near the top, only behind Wikipedia and the JFK Library. We're still ahead of

the National Archives and way ahead of McAdams. 

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#8 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

I'm in Southern Kentucky and I'm getting the same results on bing that Greg is getting. On Google we are on page 4. Earlier it was page 5.

I had a thought. If you have iPhones or androids with internet access open up a tab in your browsers and leave it open.

JFK

#9 Stan Wilbourne

Stan Wilbourne

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

I think a lot of people make the mistake of confusing the "main site" with the forum.  The main site is AssassinatioOfJFK.net, and it is indeed at the top of the Bing search engine.  That's will not change any time soon.

We are also on the first page of Yahoo, but nothing ain't nothing until we get to the top spot with Google.

Google remembers your searches.  If you haven't cleared your temporary files, it will access your web history and produce a result for you based on what you done in the past.  That's why Greg is seeing AssassinationOfJFK.net at the top of his Google search.  For others, it isn't there.  Yet.

When this project was started, I told Greg we'd be at the top of Google in six months. I made that promise to him.  We're ahead of schedule.

No one in the JFK research community has ever set out with an SEO plan, as far as I'm aware.  We have.  And, we have specific goals with all this.  One of those is to introduce an entire audience to this valuable material and to be the action instead of constantly being the reaction.

We are reaching for the moon and stars.  And, there's nothing casual about it.

#10 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

The amount of time I see Google on our "Users List" perusing content from which to rank us on its search engine is almost non-stop.

I'm thinking of offering it a membership!

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#11 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

I just discovered that when you google assassinationofjfk.net the site and the forum links pop up at the top of the page. Just thought I'd pass that along. :)

JFK

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

Thanks, but that does us no good! Think about it: If a person knows the URL address already they wouldn't need a search engine to begin with!!!!   :D

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#13 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Ah. That makes sense.

JFK

#14 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

Google has us on Page 2--one spot behind the 6th Floor.

Screen-shot-2014-07-27-at-8.51.17-PM.png

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#15 Brian Kelshaw

Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationWolverhampton, UK.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

And over here in the UK we've made it to page 2. Oh, and that's page 2 of Google on a tablet, showing fewer results per page. 4 behind Mc****s :-)

#16 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Thanks Brian. Keep us posted on progress on the other side of the pond.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#17 Brian Kelshaw

Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

UK Reporting. This is the 1st page (as it's a screenshot, you can't see the bottom of the page)

Screenshot_2014_07_29_18_23_16.png

Good huh :-)

#18 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

You might want to make sure that the results aren't skewed by your browser history.

When I search for us on google we are on page one near the top even after I clear my browser history. However, if I reset my browser (remove the history, cookies, and flush the cache memory) then we are on page two again.

So you might be getting a false read there depending on what your browser is retaining from your usage.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#19 Brian Kelshaw

Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

You were right. Back to page two. Okay, back to it, searching again now....

#20 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

I did the same thing and got all excited a few months ago until Stan reminded me that my browser might have something to do with it. 

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com