68 replies to this topic

#41 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

Again, it is the difference between viewing the assassination plot as a reaction to JFK vs viewing the assassination plot as a fait accompli.

But we are exploring the possibility that the Sponsors are PRO-active. Or are we? Perhaps they were re-acting to something that was not initially connected to JFK at all.

One could start a topic on the forum figuratively titled: "Did Ike's Farewell Address to the Nation Cause the Next President to be Killed?" and such would probably stimulate a very similarly healthy discussion.

• Larry Trotter, Michael Cross and RichardWhob like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#42 Gordon Gray

Gordon Gray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Charles,by Secret Team I am referring to exactly what Fletcher Prouty described. If you haven't read his book by the same title  I highly recommend it.

#43 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

I have read it, Gordon.  I wasn't asking for Prouty's description of "Secret Team."  Rather, I was asking for yours.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#44 Gordon Gray

Gordon Gray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

I have clearly characterized it elsewhere in this forum, but let me try again. I would describe Prouty's Secret Team as a network of assets and operatives, assembled by Dulles, with in government organizations, Military, Business and Baking, etc. They used their positions within these various organizations as cover, but served what they perceived to be the interests of the "Sponsors/Economic Elite/High Cabal/ Whomever". We keep using this nebulous term "Sponsors" as if it were holy writ, but IMO it is a place holder for something that can't be named or described. It might as well be called God or Godot. And yet we spend time speculating about their motives and methods of decision making. and whether they intended for Kennedy to be assassinated even before they had him elected, as if we had any idea about them other that they probably exist. We do know a lot about the Secret Team or Facilitators as you would call them, thanks to Prouty and others. I think time would be better spent examining their motives and methods of operation. 

#45 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

How much more time?  Another 50 years?

And toward what end?

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#46 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Greg, your suggested future thread:

"Did Ike's Farewell Address to the Nation Cause the Next President to be Killed?"

May be viewed as a fractal* to Charles' original question:

*Geometrical pattern self-similar across successively smaller dimensions

Was it pre-ordained that a version of JFK would be elected and then eliminated in so violently archetypal a manner as to eliminate -- or at least render moot -- the latest iteration of the world's cyclically rising hope for the realization of his or her ideals?

I will posit that JFK represented Idealism of a type antithetical to the modus operandi or business model presented in Colby-Dennett Thy Will Be Done to wit access to exploitation of Third World resources for globalist concerns bent on power per se without concern for the common good;

that JFK wished energy to be cheap and plentiful, the fortunes of the world's people improved, their self-determination respected as a right;

that the powers then as now arrange for perennial strife to keep the arms production lines moving and the drugs flowing--a third of the world's produced wealth in a Peter Dale Scott calculation I saw this week;

that when Eric Blair as George Orwell presented a tri-partite totalitarian world contending in a neutral quadrilateral he presciently described todays NATOstan, Putinia, Beijingoist arrangement on the board.

The Thirty-Fourth President in his Farewell Address in 1961 warned:

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

Blair-Orwell described the West, the Soviet Union, the new Red China, following the close of the World War.

Patton wished to proceed to Moscow.  Marshall and Eisenhower did not.  Patton went hunting in Bavaria in a Cadillac t-boned by a deuce and a half.

It was not on to take out Eurasia.

Forrestal differed from Truman, siding with the services in pushing for defense spending.  He dove from the Bethesda tower.

Acheson in January 1950 offered Korea to Kim Il-Sung as April Glaspie offered Kuwait to Saddam Hussein.  June 1950 comes the Brave New War utilizing half of the Okinawa invasion cache.

MacArthur came back from rout with the Inchon landing but stemming the Chinese tide with nuclear weapons was a proposal causing Truman to pull him.

It was not on to take out Eastasia.

In the meantime JFK had, with Bobby, spoken with Edmund Gullion and decided Dien Bien Phooey

Allen Dulles built up CIA as a sparring partner with KGB, a real Spy vs Spy

Ike got dunked in the Clown Pool with the May 1960 de-hydrogenation of Gary Power's unauthorized ride--then Ike warns of the MIC

Why was JFK allowed to be elected?  Nixon would've done what Ike did for Dulles in the Guatemala coup, authorize additional air power.

JFK was set up to fail, painted as a traitor.  Cuba retained as a foreign threat, always a necessity for an authoritarian regime.

But JFK would not go into Vietnam with bombers and armies, only advisors and aid.

The buildup of the nuclear arsenal, the strategic air power, the blue water navy and the special forces would never be used or replaced.

Important sources for drugs would be inaccessible along with resources used in manufacture.

Had JFK no principles he'd have listened to the subtext of Ike's warning:

The military-industrial complex controls foreign policy.

It waits for the naive president who believes he has Article II powers, thinking, "Go ahead; make my day."

JFK challenged us to put a man on the moon and bring him safely home by the end of the decade.

A recent NRO satellite boasted an octopus logo with the motto: "Nothing Is Beyond Our Reach"

Behold the military-industrial complex playing in a league of total surveillance, of information control with opposite numbers in Greater Russia and It's China's World and You're Just Living In It.

Fifty years since the power shot John.  A hundred since it planted its bank cornerstone as the headstone for the Republic

And in the revelations of Snowden the pages of Orwell announce the arrival:

Military-Industrial Complex R Us

"Boot on your face forever"

• Mark Jamieson likes this

#47 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Brilliant as usual, Phil.

In the meantime JFK had, with Bobby, spoken with Edmund Gullion and decided Dien Bien Phooey

Indeed.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#48 Adele Edisen

Adele Edisen

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Beautifully done, Phil..

Your last words:  "Boot on your face forever"  made me think 

of a book I read many years ago, written by American author,

Jack London, titled "The Iron Heel".  It was a futuristic novel

published in the early 1900s before WWI, and reprinted many  

times.  It predicts the onset of fascism in the United States,.  .

#49 Adele Edisen

Adele Edisen

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

If you are not familiar with this book, THE IRON HEEL, and its author, here is some information:

This book is at Amazon in paperback books, audio book form, Amazon's Kindle books, and is a Penguin Classic book, as well..

Jack London wrote wonderful nature books for children,  My fourth grade grammar school teacher read his books to us in class.  

There is a statue of him in Oakland, California, in a public park because he lived there.

I doubt fascists would care for this book.   It is quite anti-fascist.   What fascinates me about The Iron Heel is that Jack London

conceived of the fascistic state arising from a capitalist economy long before Mussolini (1922), Hitler (1933), Franco (1930s),

and Baron Von Mannerheim, in Finland in 1918, a former Czarist Army General, who was called the first fascist in Europe by

an American historian of Russian history.

I see that Jack London died in 1916 at 40 years of age (1876-1916).

#50 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

Thanks for the book referral, Adele. I must check it put when I have some spare reading time.  Actually, if I wait for "spare time" it will never happen. I'll have to make the time for it.

I always loved reading his fictional work, i.e., The Call of the Wild. A great writer.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#51 Adele Edisen

Adele Edisen

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Yes, he was a wonderful writer.  There is a long list of his writings on Amazon, and I wish I could read

all of them.,.

If you start to read The Iron Heel, it will be hard to stop.  .

#52 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1164

The Iron Heel for free.....

FWIW.

In my opinion this is one of Jack London's best.

Not to be missed.

"It Can't Happen Here" is another literary effort though not by Jack London, that warns of fascism.

Worth the time.

Jim

• Larry Trotter likes this

#53 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for the link, Jim. I now have no excuse for putting it off any longer!

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#54 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Jim mentions the book title, "It Can't Happen Here", which to me indicates a powerful book that deals with a very powerful mindset. I only wish I knew how many times I have heard that statement when discussing "events". Unfortunately, when I was somewhat younger and slightly dumber, I have repeated the statement as well.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#55 Adele Edisen

Adele Edisen

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Thank you, Jim, for that reference.  I think I will read it again.

Phil Dragoo told me it was first published in 1907.

And I remember "It Can't Happen Here" as a play on Broadway, based 

on Sinclair Lewis' book.   Also a Hollywood movie.

#56 Adele Edisen

Adele Edisen

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

May I squeeze this Orwellian tidbit from Brasscheck in here?

Video 5 minutes long

http://www.brasschec...on-terror-.html

#57 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

By all means Ma'am.

Thanks Adele.

#58 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Frank Kitson, Low-Intensity Operations 

https://libcom.org/f... operations.pdf

#59 Adele Edisen

Adele Edisen

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

Thanks, Phil.

Did you notice the titles of his other books?  Like Gangs and Counter-gangs?

He was some strategist. I tell you.

#60 Adele Edisen

Adele Edisen

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

One thing that caught my attention in the video was the statement that oligarchs use the threat of

enemies to control the population of a country.   We saw that in the rise of Nazi Germany 

with two threats, the Communists and the Jews,  even though the Jews and Communists were

German citizens.  The oligarchs of Germany were the industrialists who put Hitler into power

and kept him there (with help from the American and British oligarchs).

Something similar happened here during the late 1940s and 1950s when the Communists of

the Soviet variety became our enemy and this led to the war in Vietnam in the 1960s and

1970s.   Certain laws were passed to limit the influence of labor unions, freedom of speech 

and thought was suppressed, and civil liberties for minorities and women did not exist.

http://www.brasschec...on-terror-.html 

"Without an enemy image you cannot have an oligarchical society."  stated by Webster Tarpley in video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com