• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Staff

Admin Staff

Admin Staff

• Administrators
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

Play around with the "Special BBCode" icon, in the upper left hand corner of your "Posting Editor." 

If you want full images inserted into your post, you will need to have the image hosted on a free hosting site.  There are many.  TinyPic.com or PhotoBucket, for example.  Once you upload the image to one of those hosting sites, get the image URL and insert it into the "image icon" in your posting editor.

To post YouTube videos, just grab the video URL and insert it into "Media" of the "Special BBCode" icon, in the upper left hand corner.

Experiment with all of the features and have some fun.  You're not going to break anything.  Let us know if you have any questions.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  The video shows how to post images from your personal hard drive/computer.  If you want to post an image from the 'Net, just grab the image URL and insert it into the "image" icon.  That's it!

• WillieFark and Robertmync like this

#2 Admin Staff

Admin Staff

Admin Staff

• Administrators
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

Is this video tutorial clear?

Does everyone understand how to post full images and video on the forum? 

We want to make certain everyone has the ability to fully participate.

Questions?  Suggestions?

• Bob Wilkerson likes this

#3 Bob Wilkerson

Bob Wilkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Very clear.  Well done!

Thank you! It's a big help.

Bob

• Admin Staff likes this

Bob

Hony soit qui mal e pense.

#4 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

Stan, the special BB code , is there a certain spot or tother that it must show before it will work, I still cannot post any photos, so i'll continually just bury you with them..ok... :lol: :D :rolleyes: :)...PS Bob stop showing off.......duh here... :D........as Jack used to say, He was, I am, computer illiterate...... :ph34r:b..

• Bob Wilkerson likes this

#5 Admin Staff

Admin Staff

Admin Staff

• Administrators
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

Bernice, the "BB Code" has a variety of uses.  It can be used to easily attach YouTube videos to your posts through "Media" in the drop down menu.  Experiment with this feature in your posts and see what happens.

To post images you must use the "Image" icon - which is different that the "BB Code" icon.  The image uploading icon is on the bottom row of your "Post Editor."

If you are posting an image from your personal computer, you must upload that image first to a free hosting site such as TinyPic.com or PhotoBucket.com.  Just google "free image hosting" and you will see several of these type sites pop up.

After you have uploaded the image, grab the url and input it into the "Image" icon.  It is green square, right below and to the left of the smiley face icon in your Post Editor.

Let me know if that helps.  I can also make another quick tutorial video if this is not clear.  Posting images and videos is a key component to enjoying your experience here at forum.  We want everyone to have the ability to do this.

wvvmlf.jpg

#6 Admin Staff

Admin Staff

Admin Staff

• Administrators
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

2zswjnr.jpg

#7 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

I just posted a video and didn't have any trouble whatsoever however I'm still having trouble compressing an image to add to my Civil Rights thread. Greg tried to help me but maybe I'm missing something. Any help is appreciated. Thank you :)

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#8 Admin Staff

Admin Staff

Admin Staff

• Administrators
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

Christina, does this solve it for you:

#9 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

Alright, alright...take it easy.

Now you're just showing off!   :D

Great work, Stan.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#10 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

I finally got it figured out!! I just used the image icon an copied and pasted the link and that did the trick. Thank you Stan and Greg for your help.

P.S. Great video Stan!!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#11 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

I definately need to work on my computer illiteracy, and possibly spelling, so all help appreciated. Thanks for helping.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Larry, we're more concerned with content than with spelling and computer skills. You're in the right place.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#13 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

A quick note about retrieving text if you fail to post it before some accident occurs, such as, inadvertently going back a page in your browser's history before posting the text you typed, etc. -- First, it is always advisable to write your post in a program, such as, WORD  --  prior to attempting to post it -- particularly if it is a long post that you are going to spend a lot of time writing. That way even if you have a problem posting it you have your work saved locally on your computer. But, if you didn't write and save it in a program on your hard drive beforehand and you have a problem while trying to post it, then the following should help you to retrieve it.

The forum software automatically saves a draft copy of what you write every minute or so. If something happens to what you are writing before you post it, rest assured before you panic, simply navigate backwards (or forward) to the text box page that contained the text that you were writing. If you're lucky the text might still show when you arrive back there. If not, simply click anywhere inside the text box with your mouse cursor. On the left hand side of the text box at the bottom you will see grey type within the border of the text box that will say something like: "Last auto saved: 3:15:55 PM PDT" (without the quotation marks). Place your mouse cursor over that text and you will see that it is clickable. When you click on it a pop up box will appear and there you will see all of your text since the last time that it was saved by the software. Simply press "Restore" and the text will instantly be back and nothing is lost (from the last time it was auto saved). 

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#14 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

I hope this is the place where the videos are posted if not shoo it to where they are...thank you...

there is a shorter version or the full of this video , your choice scroll down ta b

I inserted it the link twice into bbc code link but it has not shown up...nothing happened...b???

#15 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

I hope this is the place where the videos are posted if not shoo it to where they are...thank you...

there is a shorter version or the full of this video , your choice scroll down ta b

I inserted it the link twice into bbc code link but it has not shown up...nothing happened...b???

Actually, this is the Tutorial Forum for Videos and Images. It's where we post instructions on "how to" upload images and/or link YouTubes and where members may ask questions about those software functions.

If, however, what you are looking to post is EVIDENCE in the case, then post it in the:

Photographic and Film Evidence Forum

If you want to post a video or photo about the "good times" then post it in:

Camelot

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#16 Richard Hocking

Richard Hocking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:15 AM

To the administrator,

How do I delete a graphic that was uploaded?

Richard

#17 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

To the administrator,

How do I delete a graphic that was uploaded?

Richard

Richard,

Do you want to delete the graphic only or the whole post? Either way, just let me know which graphic from which post in what thread and I'll do it for you.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#18 Guest_Darren Hastings_*

Guest_Darren Hastings_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:00 AM

I just figured out a much slicker way of browsing the forum is using the "view new content" button.

Thought this might help other new people as it certainly has made things easier for me. Cheers.

#19 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay Area, FL

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

Admin:  I have a very strange gif I'm trying to post.  I have a habit of downloading photos onto my hard drive.  I give them a name so I can recognize it, but guess what: I found this in my computer.  Don't remember it and I'd like others to see this gif. 

How do I get a working gif onto the Forum when there's no URL?   think this  came from one of the Forums.  How do I download a picture (gif) with no URL?  I tried to understand what was posted here, but I'm afraid I don't get it yet.

Kathy C

"And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal." -- JFK

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." -- JFK

Kathleen Collins

#20 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

Kathy,

Here's how you do it, step by step. I'll show how to do it if you are replying to a thread. However, it's the same if you are starting a new thread, too. Just look for the "Choose Files..." tab on the lower left hand side. Click it to locate the file(s) you wish to upload from your hard drive.

Upload-gif1.png

Upload-gif2.png

Upload-gif3.png

Upload-gif4.png

Or click the "Add New Topic" tab if you are starting a new thread.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com