Photo

The Altgens 6 - a manipulated photo or not?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

I have to agree with Karen on this point. The TV screens were both small and low resolution in 1963. I see no reason to believe that there was automatically a sinister motive behind cropping the photo for immediate broadcast.

• Larry Trotter likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#22 Harold Martin

Harold Martin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

Hi Staffan,

If I recall correctly, the Warren Shysters included the cropped version in their fairy tale report.

Harold

#23 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

I got you. But, my thinking is this: had there been several other photos shown to the public on the 22nd of Nov 1963 I would agree with you. However, I do think Operation Mockingbird had a major part in the cover-up of the assassination. In fact, I think Mockingbird is the single worst thing ever happened to democracy in the US. Therefore I do think it is of value to be suspicious about any photo emerging from Dealey Plaza. I just wished I had the technical knowledge to do that kind of research myself. :)

#24 Bob Prudhomme

Bob Prudhomme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationwestern Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

The one thing in the Altgens 6 photo that, to me, screams out for attention is the total lack of reaction on the faces of the bystanders. As the WC supporters claim, the first shot may have been as early as frame z160 in the Zapruder film, while the Altgens 6 photo is supposed to have been taken at the same moment as frame z255 in the Zapruder film. If the speed of Zapruder's camera was, in fact, 18.3 frames per second, just over five seconds has elapsed since a rifle was fired above and behind the onlookers in the photo. Startle reactions from the close sound of a rifle are instantaneous, and there should have been some evidence of reaction in this photo, other than two secret service agents looking back toward the steps of the TSBD.

As anyone who has spent any time around rifles knows, the muzzle blast is far louder if you are standing beside or ahead of a rifle being fired than if you are behind it. To add to this, the 6.5mm Carcano short rifle with its 21 inch barrel, unlike many carbines and assault rifles, shoots a full sized cartridge designed for a rifle with a 31 inch barrel, increasing the volume of the muzzle blast. This was even worse in the Carcano carbines with their 17 inch barrel.

Why is no one reacting?

Perhaps we should look closer at the testimony of people like Altgens. He claims the first shot was fired at the same instant as he took the Altgens 6 photo.

"He was always cold, but the Land of Gold seemed to hold him like a spell,
Though he'd often say, in his homely way, that he'd "Sooner live in Hell....."

"The Cremation of Sam McGee" by Robert W. Service

#25 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

[Altgens] claims the first shot was fired at the same instant as he took the Altgens 6 photo.

If he is correct, then that explains why no one is reacting yet. On the other hand, why are SS agents looking back already if there had not yet been a shot fired? That would be nearly as quickly a head-turn as Greer makes in Zappy!

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#26 Brian Kelshaw

Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationWolverhampton, UK.

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

If Altgens took the photo "the instant" the first shot was fired it's no wonder no-one is responding. It was of course a figure of speech. If not, JFK was psychic, reaching to protect his throat before the bullet struck!

#27 Bob Prudhomme

Bob Prudhomme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationwestern Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

There is an interview that was done with Mary Ann Moorman in 2013. It can be found by Googling "Mary Moorman Interview Part Two". In the early part of this interview, she describes shooting her famous Polaroid. Contrary to what we are told, she states that the first gunshot she heard was at the moment she shot the picture, and that after she lowered her camera, she heard two additional shots.

P.S. I've always found it a little odd that Moorman seems to have taken a Polaroid of the backs of Jackie's and JFK's heads.

#28 Karen Clift

Karen Clift

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

Willis and Bronson both claim to have taken a picture as an involuntary reaction to hearing the first shot.  It seems that Atlgens (and Moorman) didn't hear that shot.

I've always found it a little odd that Moorman seems to have taken a Polaroid of the backs of Jackie's and JFK's heads.

I seem to remember reading that because of using a Polaroid, Moorman had to wait a few seconds between pictures and her camera wasn't ready again until that moment.

"And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should ... withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."      

-- John F. Kennedy

#29 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

I also fail to understand how Altgens could both take the A5 and A6. He was a very fast guy!

#30 Harold Martin

Harold Martin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

Not only do the Secret Service not react to the "first" shot but only react AFTER it is too late. 

Harold

#31 Bob Prudhomme

Bob Prudhomme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationwestern Canada

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

The obvious answer is that the first real shot was from a rifle equipped with a suppressor. The muzzle blast of the rifle would be eliminated but the crack of the bullet breaking the sound barrier would be audible as a firecracker like noise; the description of the first shot heard by many of the witnesses east of the Stemmons Freeway sign. However, only those between the rifle, likely in the Dal-Tex Building, and the Stemmons Freeway sign would likely hear this noise and register it as being a shot. As it would also be nowhere near as loud as a muzzle blast, it would also explain the lack of startle reactions in the bystanders in the Altgens 6 photo, and the reaction of the two SS agents; as the bullet likely came from a lower floor of the Dal-Tex Building and probably only missed the heads of the two SS agents seen turning by a few feet.

What is REALLY interesting is that Mary Moorman obviously did not hear this suppressed shot, yet heard three shots after it. James Altgens, also way down the street from the Stemmons Freeway sign, is a little unclear about the number of shots, yet is adamant the first shot he heard was at z255, long after the limo has passed the Stemmons Freeway sign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com