Liam Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

I've always wondered, given that the gunman made a "snipers nest" to shield him

from view inside the building and that makes sense, why did he choose the sixth floor?

There were people coming and going all morning from there and it was being renovated

/ repaired.

Why wouldnt he choose the floor above?

Apparently it was much the same as the sixth with boxes and such...but..

no-one coming and going and apparently it was unused.

So why the sixth?

I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on this, as I've never really

come to any conclusion about it.

• BruceWancy likes this

#2 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

To which "gunman" do you refer?

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#3 Liam Kelly

Liam Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

hI Charles, ...I am referring to the alleged gunman who was seen at the window
in the position that became known as the 'snipers nest' ...at the bunch of boxes
near the right most or eastern window facing Elm St of the TSBD.
Which ever part of the scenario someone may have this or that idea about is irrelevant
to my question which is..
According to some..a gunman chose to use this position as a firing point.
I wondered why you would not be on the floor above instead, if you were a gunman
intending to shoot the president.
Some might say..'Well why not the roof?'
Well one answer would be that you would expose yourself to possible police snipers
etc,etc.
So why not the floor above where privacy would be guaranteed?

#4 Brian Kelshaw

Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationWolverhampton, UK.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

hI Charles, ...I am referring to the alleged gunman who was seen at the window
in the position that became known as the 'snipers nest' ...the bunch of boxes
near the right most or eastern window facing Elm St of the TSBD.
Which ever part of the scenario someone may have this or that idea about is irrelevant
to my question which is..
According to some..a gunman chose to use this position as a firing point.
I wondered why you would not be on the floor above instead, if you were a gunman
intending to shoot the president.
Some might say..'Well why not the roof?'
Well one answer would be that you would expose yopurself to possible police snipers
etc,etc.
So why not the floor above where privacy would be gauranteed?

Perhaps this is one reason (the elevation), though I doubt it.Dallas_18_25_Nov_2013_046.jpg

To me the even bigger problem was how they got out. Because of Victoria Adams, amongst a thousand and one other reasons, it was impossible for Oswald to have been on the 6th floor. But eyewitness testimony places at least two, possibly three (visible) conspirators on the floor. They were not there when it was later reached. I can only surmise that they descended to the 5th floor (where the at least one freight elevator was, according to Truly) after Adams, but before Truly & Baker passed through on the way to the roof.

#5 Harold Martin

Harold Martin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Hi Liam,

No one will  ever convince me that a true sniper was sitting in the 6th floor window of the School Book Depository.  A sniper's best shot would be immediately after JFK's car turned onto Houston St from Main.

I believe there is enough evidence to show that Lee Harvey Oswald was not a sniper.  Ergo, the Patsy.

Harold

#6 Liam Kelly

Liam Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

Its a good point Harold.

I'm sure that also, if there was a professional sniper there and no "patsy" then

no-one would have heard a shot.

#7 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Some "shots" were intended to be heard.  These sounds were not created by amateurs.

• Larry Trotter likes this
"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#8 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

This would be speculation of course, but I dont think anyone shot from the 6th floor. The two (or three) men seen on that floor perhaps left some five minutes before, unless you believe in Amos Euins and Howard Brennan etc. I dont believe in them, but I do believe three men was seen on that floor before 12:25. My guess is that they made sure that people saw them (with rifle sticking out) and they then left the floor before the shooting started. It seems it only took seconds before Carr, Price and others saw the three men get into the Rambler on Houston, perhaps these men were already on their way down when the shooting occurred. I think the three men's task was to be seen, set up the "snipers nest" and then "the planners behind the conpiracy" could fil in the rest with bought/fake witnesses. The only building to be sealed off and searched was the TSBD; therefore that would be a building with no shooters. Consequently they would place the shooters in buildings and places which were not to be sealed off or searched. And as far as I know no one smelled gunpowder up on the sixth floor. Well, dont kill me over this its just an idea. :)

#9 Harold Martin

Harold Martin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hi Staffan,

Yes unlike S. M. Holland who saw smoke and smelled gunpowder from his location on the Triple Overpass.

Harold

• Staffan H Westerberg likes this

#10 Gordon Gray

Gordon Gray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

I doubt that the MC allegedly found on the 6th floor, was fired that day. If shots were fired from there it was probably from the western most windows. On of these would be the most likely to have hit Connolly IMO. It could be they were simply there to plant evidence implicating LHO..Their escape would be easy considering the secret service ID's.

#11 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

So why the sixth?

Because Lee worked in it.

Folks in the 5th, immediately below that corner heard the 3 spent casings hitting the floor.

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,016 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

Because Lee worked in it.

Precisely.

The sixth floor was not chosen as the "official sniper's nest" due to its superior position from which shots could successfully be fired, but rather due to its opportunistic linkage to the designated patsy's most commonly occupied position within the building.

• Jim Hackett II likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#13 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

Out of the mire and fog of lies the reality emerges.

Like the Bismarck coming into view out of the fog in the Denmark Straits long ago.

A ghostly image made real.

Jim

#14 John Butler

John Butler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:41 PM

By court standards no one can prove that shots were fired from the 6th floor sniper's nest.  The seven closest witnesses establish reasonable doubt.  3 black men and 4 white women were within about 40 ft. of the alleged sniper's nest.  That's less then the distance across the average American Home.  They all should have heard the same thing.  They are:

Harold Norman-  5th floor directly under sniper's nest-  Boom click click boom click click boom.  That's what Harold Norman said he heard.  He heard the shells hitting the floor.  Cement dust fell on head from a vibrating building.  The shots came directly above his 5th floor window.  Harold's sequence should have an extra click click since an extra round was jacked into the chamber but, not fired.

Bonnie Ray Williams- About the same as Harold Norman.

James Jarman, jr-  He didn't hear shots from above on the sixth floor.  He heard shots from low and to the left.

Vickie Adams-  Fourth floor 3rd set of windows-  heard shots coming from the west- Grassy Knoll

Dorothy May Garner-  Heard shots from the west

Elsie Dorman-  Heard shots from the direction of the Court Records Building

Sandra Styles-  Didn't know where the shots came from but not above

This is why Oswald had to die.  Otherwise he would have walked at a trial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com