Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationWolverhampton, UK.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Gordon.

I agree, I don't think it was Oswald that got in the rambler, but then again I have trouble accepting any of the supposed bus/taxi/brief walk journey either. Larry Hancock makes a convincing case for his being assassinated in a way that would cement the "Castro did it" scenario. This would have been after his extraction from the Texas Theatre. 

#42 Gordon Gray

Gordon Gray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

The taxi driver described LHO's bracelet which makes me tend to give credence to his story .He could have walked to the Theatre and gotten there before 1:30 IMO. Were there busses running down Beckley that he could have caught?

#43 Brian Kelshaw

Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

As Liam says right at the beginning of this thread, the bus he supposedly caught was headed for Marsallis, not Beckley. If that's the case, it explains Tippit hanging around the Gloko station. 

#44 Liam Kelly

Liam Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Remember, when Whaley , like many others, testified, Oswalds face and person, and life history

had been played over and over again all over the world in the media.

The whole world got very clear and repeated looks at Oswald holding his hands up to the camera

handcuffed and bracelet very obvious.

Well there is some info on Whaley's testimony here:

http://www.giljesus....fk/cab_ride.htm

It seems to mee that the departure from town is the essence of the entire story.

Thus:

If the commission was right about the departure;

Oswalds choice of bus is very strange and potentially means an originally intended meeting with Tippit at the Glocco.

It also means that Oswald did not shoot Tippit.

Even so, the departure still buttresses the lone nut theory.

If the commission was wrong about the departure and Oswald left in car;

Most likey he, or who he was with on leaving the plaza , did shoot Tippit.

There was definately a conspiracy with others not only at the scene in Dealy plaza

but also in Oakcliff.

#45 Gordon Gray

Gordon Gray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

I can't see how getting a hold of LHO and getting rid of him wouldn't be a major priority of the planners. He was probably given instructions by his handlers to take that bus and meet up with Tippet to be taken out of the country. Quite possibly he had been told he would be flown to  Mexico and then to Cuba. When he didn't show on the bus, Tippet started to look for him. Perhaps the movie theatre was an alternate contact point. Tippet probably knew Oswald form living in that area and mistook the man who shot him for LHO. A number of other witnesses did as well. The shooter quite possibly was a contingency plan to meet up with and eliminate Oswald when he didn't show at the Glocco station.

• Matt Hawkins likes this

#46 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

I don't think Lee was present at the Tippit shooting.  Nor do I think Lee owned the revolver alleged to have been purchased and stored at the rooming house under the nose of the nosey landlady--in fact, I don't think there was a revolver there any more than there was ever a rifle in the Paine garage, the pristine blanket, the suspicious bag or sack.

I see no one has introduced the John Armstrong essay, so I will do so, for purposes of discussion:

Harvey, Lee and Tippit:
A New Look at the Tippit Shooting

By John Armstrong

http://www.ctka.net/pr198-jfk.html

Robert "Tosh" Plumlee presented Tippit and White as DPD involved in intelligence in general and on that day in extraction.  Richard Belzer and David Wayne used this in Hit List, Tippit being the first case discussed.

And for your daily outré, Jefferson Davis Tippit was slain between Jefferson and Davis:

oswaldjfktippitmap.jpg

• Matt Hawkins likes this

#47 Brian Kelshaw

Brian Kelshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

Except it was only JD, not Jefferson Davis ☺
  • Larry Trotter likes this

#48 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Edgar Lee Tippit inspired by "J.D. of the Mountains"

#49 Liam Kelly

Liam Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

Well the entire Tippit story is indeed a very intriguing if not confounding one.

Isn’t it interesting:

We have a murder in downtown Dallas.

A murder that’s so hard to explain in terms of what actually happened.

A murder where literally millions of dollars have been spent trying to work out what actually took place.

Most murders are fairly straight forward.

In the actuall killing that is ..not necessarily who did it.

But Kennedy’s killing is plagued with issues from start to finish..

…a one in a thousand conundrum if you will.

A murder so unique, where the evidence is so weird, so contradictory , so confusing that you would never see another puzzle like it in your lifetime.

But wait…….another one in a thousand condrum murder happens  just

40 minutes later , less than 5 miles away!!

The facts are certainly in there somewhere but I would like to note something I found quite interesting.

In 1964 two people in a position to know things, both said that the public, the world, would never know the truth of the Kennedy killing.

Who were they?

Earl Warren in answer to ‘when will the American public know the facts ‘ said

‘not in our lifetime, if ever.’

and the other person…

Jack Ruby: “the world will never know the true facts , of what occurred…..”.

History appears to be proving them both correct!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com