Photo

J.W. Powell photographs? 35mm shots ever released?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Nolan

Jonathan Nolan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:50 PM

J.W. Powell was military intelligence, at Dealey Plaza on the day, and it is his full shot of the TSBD that has appeared ever since the late 1970s.

He took several other photographs that day but they have apparently never surfaced.

Could a FOIA request get them? Or has anyone undertaken the Herculean task of searching the National Archives for them?

He was part of the 112th intel group.

#2 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Welcome to the Forum, Jonathan. You may not use anything other than a photo of yourself for your profile picture as per item #11 in the Rules of Engagement. I have removed the picture you are currently using. You may replace it with a picture of yourself or leave it blank.

Thank you.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#3 Jonathan Nolan

Jonathan Nolan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

No problem, I didn't actually add that picture it just appeared when I signed up... It's from my google account I'm pretty sure. Weird.

And thanks for the welcome. :)

But on the topic- did his other pictures ever appear anywhere? After the 50th I was expecting some more limited hangout including "new" footage or pics... Hope springs eternal.

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

Jonathan,

Each year there seems to be yet another rumor that more pictures from Powell will surface, yet nothing ever comes of it. I'm uncertain as to how deep John Newman may or may not have dug at the archives, but he may be a good person to ask.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Jonathan Nolan

Jonathan Nolan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Yeah I figured it was one of those things.

I know there must be a large number of pictures still unknown, and for sure at least two more movies. Will we live long enough to see them? I hope so.

On another level though, with everyone from E Howard Hunt and Hemming to now deceased doctors from Parkland providing pieces I agree with what's said elsewhere here that there is a coherent description of the plot, the conspiracy and some of the indentities already. I guess I like the visual evidence because it's a way to test the hypothesis. See who shows up in the shots, that kind of thing.

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

George Carlin once remarked that he doesn't believe in God. Instead, he worships the Sun. Why? "Well, first off," he explains, "I can see the Sun! I'm big on things I can see."

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com