28 replies to this topic

#21 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

The "topic" of James Files does not upset me at all. However, he has been dismissed as a fabricator. To be clear: "There was no abort team in Dealey Plaza" that day. This type of Operation does not work like that. Roselli did not fly into Dallas to call off the hit. The story reads like a novel rather than an Executive Action.  If Nicoletti had been instructed to stand down, why did he go ahead against orders and risk immediate termination? Why would Files, knowing that the hit had been aborted, agree to be the "back up" shooter at Chuckie's request? BTW: There is no such thing as a "back up" shooter in the first place. 

It would be like watching an American football game where the Quarterback scrambles out of the pocket while the opponents are in pursuit. He approaches the sideline with nobody open to catch the ball until the last second. Just as he throws his pass avoiding a sack...another "back up" Quarterback enters the game from the far sideline and throws a 63 yard touchdown pass to the SAME receiver, both footballs arriving at the same point in the end zone at nearly the exact same moment.

I further submit that--even if such a "back up shooter" scenario was credible--this cast of characters lacked the Professional Tradecraft to have accomplished their assignment.

• Charles Drago and Jim Hackett II like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#22 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

"I further submit that--even if such a "back up shooter" scenario was credible--this cast of characters lacked the Professional Tradecraft to have accomplished their assignment."

Amen to that Greg.

#23 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

One more thing: When I said there were no "back up shooters" in Dealey Plaza, that does not mean that there were no back up "teams" (including shooters) in place as a part of the ORIGINAL PLAN.

There is a great deal of difference between the "last minute recruiting of a back up shooter" [such as James Files] as opposed to the deliberate placement of several complete "back up teams of professionals" in order to insure success.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#24 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:05 AM

You (of course) could be right, Greg. But I have followed the story closely for a number of years (E forum and other sites) and have never seen any hard evidence of him being a liar. (Still, he could be one, Im not sure.)

Im not a fan of Wim Dankbaar's research approach, but his explanation of all the disinformation surrounding Files, proven disinformation, is at least suspicious in my mind. I also think Colonel Dan Marvin had a lot of contact with Files and wouched for this story to be true, as he saw it. Zack Shelton's take on it is also kind of strong. For me, it comes down to whether Files had the brains to keep a big story (lie) like this intact without slipping up. I find that thought problematic, because this is a guy with a lot of street-smarts but not really intelligent enough to concoct a big lie like this. But you definitely have a point with "back-up shooter". Still, if we were to believe Tosh Plumlee and the story of "abort teams", or what ever that really meant (a cover for getting the shooters to DP), then the situation arrives when Chuck Nocoletti doesnt know if he will be more or less alone in shooting at the president. We could assume that if that was true (I have no idea) and Nicoletti (like everybody else) was on a need-to-know-basis, and had not gotten the order from Giancana to stand down, then in that alleged situation, what was he suppose to do? He had to shoot, but now he didnt know if he would be alone and becoming a patsy. In that situation he could have said anything to his gopher Files; "can you be my back-up shooter" or something else. That would be the only reason for Files ever to get involved as a shooter (or a spotter for someone else.) But mind you, I dont know if Nicoletti even was a shooter, it "sounds" kind of strange and a poor choice. In the future, I wish we would really go through the Files story lock stock and barrel and decide this story once and for all. For nothing else than for all the newcomers (and me) because I dont think it is properly done before. Maybe I will write an article to start it off. I for one want to decide what I think about it. :)

#25 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:31 AM

This is so disturbing on so many levels.

Every millisecond spent in analysis of Files that is not predicated on the long-established fact that this balderdash is a classic piece of disinformation -- a fictive construct designed to encourage precisely the counter-productive, cover-up-preserving actions you contemplate -- represents an irretrievable, sinful loss of time and energy that might have been expended on the searches for truth and justice for John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

"Newcomers" here may choose to learn from from the mistakes, hard work, and sacrifices of those who came before them, or to use their own naivete as an excuse to repeat the errors of the past.

But please don't let me discourage you from continuing your quest.  Perhaps, when you've finished, you might turn a critical eye toward the question of Hulk Hogan's chances to regain the title.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#26 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Staffan,

By all means do write that article!!!

Then submit it to Wim for publication.

James Files apparently needs just one more nail for the coffin in which his story belongs.

So make it a good one...just don't post it here.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#27 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:01 AM

Greg, why so rude?

#28 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:35 PM

Staffan,

I was not intending to be rude to you. However, the "James Files Story" does not belong here. If you were to post it here it would quickly and thoroughly come under severe attack from which there would be no recovery.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#29 Kenneth Drew

Kenneth Drew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

About James Files; there is something very strange when little information seems to overshadow lots of information. Some people seems very sure of "Badgeman", Frank Sturgis, Henry Weatherford, Tony Isquerdo, Roscoe White, JD Tippit etc where shooters (with hardly any solid corroboration), but they cannot (for a second) believe in (or stand) James Files. I dont know what could have been the truth, but it seems to me not that easy to dismis Files as being behind the picket fence on the 22nd of November 1963. Either he (Files) really was there (and perhaps was a shooter) or he is a CIA planted story. There is no between, because he doesnt have the intelligence to concoct a story (that holds up) like that. Im just sorry topics like Files seems to upset researchers so easily, dont understand why.

Steffan, the 'only' thing that doesn't ring true about Files' story is that he tells it.   So many that were in positions to put out valid information were eliminated.  I see no benefit to anyone (organization, etc) of Files' story.  I can see where, if he was not involved, that those that were involved would allow him to tell his story because it only adds more confusion to reality.  But his story does sound reasonable.   I'm not sure that's an adequate standard.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lee Harvey Oswald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com