Photo

A Celebration of Life? On the anniversary of his murder?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

This is a short article I wrote which is posted on the main site:

50 Years of Shame

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

I loved this article Greg. During that media blitzkrieg in the two or three weeks leading up to the 50th Annversary in addition to being disgusted by all the "Oswald did it" crap I was even more outraged that they would celebrate Jack's life fifty years later at the very spot where he was gunned down in broad daylight. It was sickening and disturbing. Dallas was and is not the appropriate place to celebrate President Kennedy's life. None of it made any sense to me and I still struggle to think why they would pick Dallas and not say Brookline, Massachusetts where he was born. Perhaps Cape Cod would have been better since these places have happy memories attached to his name. But for God's sake Dallas?!?! Why?? I wish someone could explain what their thinking was. If they were thinking at all.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#3 Bob Wilkerson

Bob Wilkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Greg

I'm disturbed by something I noticed in your article.  The graph that compares One Man to % Others Involved lines have started to converge, from a high of 70 points in about 1976, to a low of 31 points in about 2013.  Why are we losing ground on this?  Is it just as simple a the constant drum beat of the "lone nut" concept from every government agency, news outlet, and pundit?  What do you think that people like me can do to reverse this trend?  It seems like we're losing the argument.

Bob

Bob

Hony soit qui mal e pense.

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

That's a tough question, Bob. I think that part of the reason for the spike is the media's bombardment of the airwaves with LN propaganda especially leading

up to the 50th anniversary. 

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Chuck Barlow

Chuck Barlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationFort Worth TX

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:03 AM

Ridicule and derision are potent psychological weapons. No one really wants to be thought of as a loony tune. They have a whole drawer full of tin foil hats that they place upon anyone who's thinking strays beyond the official narrative. Anyone who dares express an opinion that the JFK assassination was the result of a conspiracy is immediately lumped in with the bigfoot and David Icke's "the queen is a lizard" crowd. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com