Photo

When was the last time any POTUS inspired You?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

I was too young to be swept up in the Inaugural Address in 1961, but we have enough history and speeches and deeds done and not done to inspire me.

Leaders were taken from us, but even in the face of the Enemy's attempt to bad jacket all of them, many people still found proof in the actions of the murdered that there was another way than intentional divisions and "law and order" fascist policies in our own nation let alone Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Angola, Grenada, Beruit ad infinitum.

I have heard that much of Central American homes hold two portraits - Jesus Christ and John Kennedy. I've seen the same thing in other places. Homes not mansions and palaces as I bet they admire a whole other bunch of Americans that took care of them, the ones living in opulent compounds guarded from the less favored peoples.

Inspired by words? It was easier when the words and deeds were real instead of hoodwinking the people to steal their votes from the public face of a candidate to his or her hidden agenda. As Obama did in voicing change so he could bailout Wall Street and mess WeThePeople over again. No inspiration in that decade either. Damn.

Maybe it doesn't matter who the American People think they elected. Maybe like Bill Hicks said - the President-Elect is shown the real films of the Dallas Coup and then policy is dictated negating the choices and desires of WeThePeople just to stay alive.

Peace is a dangerous choice.

#2 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

John Fitzgerald Kennedy inspires me every day.

• Larry Trotter likes this
"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#3 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Yup,

Be the change.

American University Commencement Speech -

Inspiring and hopeful

magifying our loss.

Peace is a dangerous choice, more so since 1963.

#4 Michelle Morrissette

Michelle Morrissette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

JFK Always

#5 Martin White

Martin White

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

I have to say, as an outsider (England) I was inspired by Obama to begin with. Unfortunately he has been a BIG disappointment to me. I expected much.

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Welcome to the Forum, Martin!

• Martin White likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#7 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

I have to say, as an outsider (England) I was inspired by Obama to begin with. Unfortunately he has been a BIG disappointment to me. I expected much.

Healthcare reform was a major accomplishment, and had to be completely done in 23 months, with NO US Senate votes to spare. After that, he has had to deal with a totally opposing US House, and does NOT have a filibuster proof US Senate now as well. Many much needed good job producing infrastructure projects could be started, but the US House won't even consider them. I haven't agreed on every issue, but if he did it, it was wrong, and if he didn't do it, he should have, according to his "opposition". I continue to be inspired by John F Kennedy, but Barack H Obama sometimes deserves a little more credit and a little less criticism. 

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#8 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Credit for what?

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#9 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Greg,

Healthcare reform is a very big issue for me, and my family. As I recall, home values were still shrinking, and jobs were still being lost, when BHO was elected, and that has now been reversed. We also seem to be having fewer military casualties now. That's how I remember it Greg, if the "credit for what" question applies. I'm sure there can be some quality criticism, and where due, that's fine. But, I was responding to Mr Martin's "big disappointment" comment, and wonder what that may be, just for clarification, and I certainly don't want to try and start any political debate on this forum. And, unless prompted, this is my last comment on this subject.

• Christina Gill likes this

Larry

#10 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Thanks.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#11 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Lately they all have been dilberts...

Local, state and federal, elected or selected or appointed or inherited and infected all.

Judges, Reps, Senators, President all the way to the street employees....

Too rich to work and ignorant of cooperation.

Courts, Congress and Execuitive...

Ain't a huckleberry in the bunch...

Jim

#12 Martin White

Martin White

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

It is indeed ironic that Obama has the vision and conviction to bring some social justice to healthcare in the US, whilst at the same time, our unelected Government of crooks is busy privatising the National Health Service to companies that they have financial interests in.

And our MSM (including the BBC, which is under threat by the Tories to "toe the line" or be shut down) has said NOTHING about any of this. The greatest social achievement in modern times in the UK is being sold off, and not a word from the media (or, actually, the opposition Labour party).

What seems incongruent to me is that the same Obama which immediately took steps to shut down Gitmo, is now approving unmanned drone strikes in civilian areas.

I think it's true that he could achieve more domestically with more support. I remember saying before the 12 election that the GOP had blocked everything he wanted to do, then bitched that he hadn't achieved anything!

It's his foreign policy which, unfortunately, will be what history judges him by.

Actually, I liked Clinton as a President too. I can't really articulate why.

#13 Martin White

Martin White

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:24 AM

Welcome to the Forum, Martin!

Thanks Greg! I only checked into Spartacus yesterday for the first time in a while, and saw John's post about your new forum.

#14 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

It is indeed ironic that Obama has the vision and conviction to bring some social justice to healthcare in the US, whilst at the same time, our unelected Government of crooks is busy privatising the National Health Service to companies that they have financial interests in.

And our MSM (including the BBC, which is under threat by the Tories to "toe the line" or be shut down) has said NOTHING about any of this. The greatest social achievement in modern times in the UK is being sold off, and not a word from the media (or, actually, the opposition Labour party).

What seems incongruent to me is that the same Obama which immediately took steps to shut down Gitmo, is now approving unmanned drone strikes in civilian areas.

I think it's true that he could achieve more domestically with more support. I remember saying before the 12 election that the GOP had blocked everything he wanted to do, then bitched that he hadn't achieved anything!

It's his foreign policy which, unfortunately, will be what history judges him by.

Actually, I liked Clinton as a President too. I can't really articulate why.

Thanks Martin. I appreciate you being specific, although I'm not sure about options regarding foreign policy. But, I do need to mention that the entire BHO presidency has had a 5 to 4 Republican Supreme Court majority, that has severely gutted the Affordable Care Act. But, I was unaware of the National Health Service situation you mentioned, and it is disturbing. I said I would not comment any further on this subject unless prompted, but I saw a need to respond to your clarification. Thanks again.

• Martin White likes this

Larry

#15 Kathleen Collins

Kathleen Collins

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay Area, FL

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

Besides Kennedy, the only President that inspired me was Ronald Reagan.  He came out and said that his father was the town drunk.  This is something I can sympathize with.  My father was thrown out of any bar he went to.

Kathy C

"And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal." -- JFK

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." -- JFK

Kathleen Collins

#16 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

John Fitzgerald Kennedy of course and I may be seen as naive however President Obama inspires me still. His presidency hasn't been perfect but let's face facts. He's faced one road block after another and gotten zero cooperation.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#17 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

John Fitzgerald Kennedy of course and I may be seen as naive however President Obama inspires me still. His presidency hasn't been perfect but let's face facts. He's faced one road block after another and gotten zero cooperation.

I would love to address this more completely, but this forum is for JFK related discussion, so I will limit the scope of my reply to matters concerning JFK.

What road block has he faced that has prevented him from issuing an Executive Order releasing ALL files immediately--without further review--that relate to the assassination of JFK?

He does not need Congress for this. They already passed the JFK Act over 20 years ago! He could issue an Executive Order to CIA, as an example, to the effect that they are hereby ORDERED to immediately comply with the Law of the Land, in this case, the JFK Act.

As the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Services he could order all military records regrading the assassination of JFK to be released from all branches, including the Office of Naval Intelligence, Army Intelligence, Defense Intelligence Agency, NSA, etc., immediately.

I am not laboring under the misapprehension that such a release would necessarily provide us with valuable information, but it would at least show that he has done something regarding this case of which we could then judge its worth, if any.

• Jim Hackett II likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#18 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

As best as I can tell when it pertains to this one issue he hasn't faced any that I can see. I don't intend to say I haven't been disappointed in him at all becasue I have. I am disappointed tremendously that he hasn't released an Executive Order to release the remaining documents. However (this is only my opinion) I think he has a general idea of what really happened on November 22, 1963. He may be shying away from it because he fears of what could happen to him after all the last President that took on the CIA didn't live to tell the tale. I realize that's not much comfort but like I said it's only my opinion.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#19 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:40 PM

100% agreed  Greg,

President Obama could have KEPT HIS FREAKIN' WORD.

His is the power and the "glory" in office.

I am extremely frustrated by the current half-truths. Better than Bu$h is not saying much of a positive.

Both take care of the 1% better than WeThePeople.

Open and transparent? Absolutely in that the Emperor has no clothes.

And no excuses.

Jim

#20 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:42 PM

Christina,

The president isn't supposed to "take on" the CIA, but rather his job includes OWNING them in their entirety. If that is no longer possible then Congress needs to put an end to them for good.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com