33 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

On behalf of the Founding Members, I would like to welcome you to the Assassination Of JFK Research Forum. It is our hope that your understanding of the significance of this seminal event will be broadened as a result of your participation here. We fully anticipate that your contributions to our effort will broaden our own understanding, as well as the understanding of all who join us. To this end, we have established clear guidelines in our Policy Statement. These Rules of Engagement are intended to safeguard the integrity of the forum by protecting all members from personal attacks of any kind. This forum is a flame free zone. Please read the Policy Statement before proceeding. By participating in the forum you are indicating your acceptance of those terms.

Let us remember that while the conducting of research can sometimes feel as though it is an end in itself, in reality, it is not. What we discover here has worth only when it is shared beyond the confines of the research community; else it is simply a sad case of preaching to the choir. In that spirit, all sincere researchers and students of the assassination are welcome here no matter their level of expertise.

We do not entertain the idea of a lone assassin here as it is disruptive to our goal of discovering and sharing the truth. Therefore any posts seeking to argue the case against Lee Harvey Oswald as if he was the lone assassin will be subject to immediate deletion and the poster of same will be placed on notice.  No member will ever be required to agree with the opinion of another member or to have a pet theory of their own or to have completely solved the crime. The only requirement for membership is the acknowledgment that the official government account is worthy of rejection due to its wholly fallacious conclusion and the nature of its perfidy.

That the nation has never recovered from the cold-blooded murder of the 35th President of the United States—even after 50 years—speaks volumes. We are here to voice what those volumes speak.

• Christina Gill, Bob Wilkerson, Bernice Moore and 1 other like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 John Costella

John Costella

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hear, hear.

#3 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

G'day Mate. Welcome to our Resident Physicist!

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#4 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

I agree with your mission statement.

Any broadcasting the official propaganda (Big Lie: Lone Gunman, Magic Bullet, No Conspiracy) ought to be excluded.

As Salandria warned against preoccupation with the microanalysis, and as the event was part of the ongoing business model, the research will expose the cabal and its methods.

In this the single agent is a facile case to posit but difficult to defend, i.e., LBJ, CIA, Mob, Cubans, KGB (hello, Frank Sturgis wherever you are).

I prefer the Evica-Drago model suggested by Prouty and Scott, sponsor-facilitator-mechanic, the plausible denial, the cutout, deflection in the manner of Hunt's deathbed mutterings and Phillips' silly fiction.

Dulles & Dulles had served powerful clients since opening the world under their tree on Christmas morning.

Thy Will Be Done gives a glimpse of the machine in operation; Douglass' Unspeakable of the miasma surrounding the president.

Rather than individuals solidifying single-agent solutions, may we be that special team, those experts in their field plus all the eager irregulars, working toward the unified theory providing the critical mass to smash the coverup into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the wind.

Attached Files

• Kathy McDonald likes this

#5 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Glad to have you aboard, my friend.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#6 Phil Giuliano

Phil Giuliano

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Well said, monk. And congrats on creating this beautiful site and forum. In some way I see you are picking up the torch for our fallen comrades, Rich D and Jack W who did such fine work on the old JFK Research Forum.

"For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die." - Ted Kennedy

#7 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Welcome home, Phil. We stand on the shoulders of giants.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#8 Stan Wilbourne

Stan Wilbourne

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

"...it is proposed that a form of free dialogue may well be one of the most effective ways of investigating the crisis which faces society, and indeed the whole of human nature and consciousness today.  Moreover, it may turn out that such a form of free exchange of ideas and information is of fundamental relevance for transforming culture and freeing it of destructive misinformation, so that creativity can be liberated." - David Bohm.

That's the vision I have for this forum: A gathering of intelligence, engaged in dialogue.  Not a debate, which to me has marginal connotations and massive blow-back.

More from Bohm:

Dialogue is not discussion, a word that shares its root meaning with "percussion" and "concussion," both of which involve breaking things up. Nor is it debate. These forms of conversation contain an implicit tendency to point toward a goal, to hammer out an agreement, to try to solve a problem or have one's opinion prevail. It is also not a "salon", which is a kind of gathering that is both informal and most often characterized by an intention to entertain, exchange friendship, gossip and other information. Although the word "dialogue" has often been used in similar ways, its deeper, root meaning implies that it is not primarily interested in any of this.

Dialogue is not a new name for T-groups or sensitivity training, although it is superficially similar to these and other related forms of group work. Its consequences may be psychotherapeutic but it does not attempt to focus on removing the emotional blocks of any one participant nor to teach, train or analyze. Nevertheless, it is an arena in which learning and the dissolution of blocks can and often do take place. It is not a technique for problem solving or conflict resolution, although problems may well be resolved during the course of a Dialogue, or perhaps later, as a result of increased understanding and fellowship that occurs among the participants. It is, as we have emphasized, primarily a means of exploring the field of thought.

Dialogue is concerned with providing a space within which such attention can be given. It allows a display of thought and meaning that makes possible a kind of collective proprioception or immediate mirroring back of both the content of thought and the less apparent, dynamic structures that govern it. In Dialogue this can be experienced both individually and collectively. Each listener is able to reflect back to each speaker, and to the rest of the group, a view of some of the assumptions and unspoken implications of what is being expressed along with that which is being avoided. It creates the opportunity for each participant to examine the preconceptions, prejudices and the characteristic patterns that lie behind his or her thoughts, opinions, beliefs and feelings, along with the roles he or she tends habitually to play. And it offers an opportunity to share these insights.

Most worthwhile link;

http://www.david-boh...e_proposal.html

#9 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Stan,

I share your sentiments completely. Dialogue amongst honest brokers seeking the truth is preferable to debate. Although constructive--and sometimes lively--critical review is a valuable tool, egos on all sides of an issue need to be checked at the door. 

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#10 Doug Horne

Doug Horne

Founding Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Greg,

I applaud the energy and dedication to truth (and to civilized, open debate) behind your noteworthy decision to create this forum.  More than a debating forum, I view this site as a marketplace for the exchange of ideas.

Your concept of a "flame free zone" is crucial to the success of this endeavor. 

Well done!

Doug Horne

#11 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Doug, I appreciate you joining us here. I know that you have meticulously avoided such venues in the past due to their general nature of unseemliness. Unfortunately, you did not happen upon the very first "flame free zone" forum on the internet: the JFKresearch Assassination Forum, which began in 1998. It was started by my friend and colleague, the late, Rich DellaRosa. There were a handful of Founding Members there from the beginning, two of whom are with us here, myself and Phil Guiliano. Our current web designer and fellow researcher, Stan Wilbourne, was a regular contributor there, as well. My official designation there went beyond research and I was affectionately referred to by Rich as: Sgt-at-Arms. My job was to keep the noise levels down and smoke out the moles in as non-disruptive a fashion as possible. The forum thrived for nearly 13 years until Rich passed away. The bar he set is rather high. If not for the integrity and dedication of our own Founding Members here, that bar would be unattainable. As it is, I am confident of our success. Welcome!

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#12 David Healy

David Healy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Many recognizable faces and names from the recent past. And Phil Giuliano, from the not so recent past--hello Phil! It's been nearly 15 years. And a resounding hello to all my other research friends... We're only missing Rich and Jack...

#13 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Many recognizable faces and names from the recent past. And Phil Giuliano, from the not so recent past--hello Phil! It's been nearly 15 years. And a resounding hello to all my other research friends... We're only missing Rich and Jack...

Welcome David! I'm so glad to have you on board. Yes, the many contributions and words of wisdom provided by Jack, as well as the dedication and sacrifices that characterized Rich will continue to be missed. However, the spirit from which they gave so much of themselves will remain with us forever.

• David Healy likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#14 Arlene Kapel

Arlene Kapel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Best Wishes in your persuit of the truth and long may truth seekers continue in their quest. Good luck and long may this site prosper,

#15 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

Best Wishes in your persuit of the truth and long may truth seekers continue in their quest. Good luck and long may this site prosper,

Welcome to the Forum, Arlene! Glad to have you with us. Thank you for the kind words.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#16 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Yeah...ruddy well bout time friend.. ;).so great to see such names as posted here.....Greg..Jack and Rich are right there by your shoulder my friend........CONGRATS TO ALL who have worked to present this Forum...recall Monk , also bout not pissin in the palms on the way out as Ricardo would refer too.so very pleased to see you all here.The very best.to all......B 

#17 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

Yeah...ruddy well bout time friend.. ;).so great to see such names as posted here.....Greg..Jack and Rich are right there by your shoulder my friend........CONGRATS TO ALL who have worked to present this Forum...recall Monk , also bout not pissin in the palms on the way out as Ricardo would refer too.so very pleased to see you all here.The very best.to all......B 

Welcome Bernice!!!

Thank you so much for joining us here. Hopefully all of those lessons learned from Don Riccardo -- Il Capo dei Capi -- will come in handy.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#18 Stan Wilbourne

Stan Wilbourne

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Bernice, really, really nice to see you here.  Now the place has the proper view.

#19 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Thank you Gents for the welcomes, seems like old times already... :D...wishing you all the very best in your continuing endeavour to uncover the truth ,for all.....best b

Attached Files

#20 Barry Keane

Barry Keane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Hi Greg

For the benefit of Forum Members, this is where I stand.

Video:-

http://www.youtube.c...dsRxsboJhF0otBw

Transcript:-

http://www.dealeypla...memorative.html

• Stan Wilbourne and Bob Wilkerson like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Greg Burnham, Mission Statement, Rules of Engagement, Flame free zone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com