3 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:26 PM

It is very sad, IMO, to witness the demise of the mental faculties of several persons for whom I used to have a great deal of respect.

This decay in critical thinking does not appear to be organic in that it does not have any medical or psychological cause as far as I can tell, although I am not a physician.

Rather, this "breakdown" seems to be resultant from a gut level response not based in reason, but in emotion.

I am not of the belief that logic is the end all. Indeed, when our opinions are not informed by our emotions they lack humanity.

However, when our opinions are formed almost solely from emotional discontent sans appropriate evaluation by our higher faculties of critical thinking, they lack a solid foundation.

This can be extremely dangerous. When conclusions based on reason are relegated to an inferior position beneath those reached from strong emotional reflexes, the insanity feeds itself.

It is a special case of circular logic. This "thought process" is one that does not include self-evaluation, but rather is dependent upon whether or not it supports one's preconceived conclusions.

When one who is operating in such a self constructed echo chamber of horrors, every bit of new evidence is tainted.

The new evidence is not considered "spin free" upon its discovery, but instead is immediately considered through an emotional filter prior to being accessed by reason.

It is a danger to liberty when it happens on a mass scale, even when it is the product of innocent intent.

But then again, innocence is a form of insanity.

• Chuck Barlow and Mark Jamieson like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Chuck Barlow

Chuck Barlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationFort Worth TX

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:31 AM

I've always been amazed at how two people can witness an event and each come to a conclusion that reveals more about the mindset of the observer, rather than the event itself. I agree with your emotional filter analogy that refuses to acknowledge any fact that conflicts with one's worldview. When information is presented that conflicts with our preconceived notions of how things really are, we attack the source, character and integrity of the presenter of the information rather than evaluate the information itself. Myopic cranial-anal erectus. 

• Greg Burnham likes this

#3 Mark Jamieson

Mark Jamieson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:18 AM

Greg,

I have seen the same occurring at an exponentially greater rate since November, but have not been able to express it quite as succinctly as you.

We live in a created time where tweets and memes and bumper sticker theology pass for critical thought, yet all of these are devoid of depth.  The horrors of an impending bill are expressed with the worst of all possibilities stated as a surety, yet they haven't even read the proposed bill.

We exist in a vicarious age where singing contests, mate selection, and cooking pass for meaning and existence and become the water cooler topic of the hour... the new opiate of the masses.  Throw in the virtual reality mind-control devices and those of us who continue to read and think are reduced to a minority report.

I have watched people whom I dearly love experience visible mental breakdowns on social media over the prospect Planned Parenthood cuts and bear cubs being killed while hibernating... how's that for self contradiction and cognitive dissonance?

• Greg Burnham and Chuck Barlow like this

#4 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

When logic and proportion have given you the call, call Alice

The call is for justice, but there is none from any member of the three branches of government, the Mockingbird Ministry, or the ivied halls of academe

The latter David Horowitz (Radical Son) called breeding ground for Communism in conversation with John Batchelor last night

The same Gorsuch who was approved by unanimous voiced consent ten years ago was opposed by apoplectic senators crying witch this week

While Bill Clinton fired two cruise missile salvos (one to Blow Monica Off the Front Page per Jay Leno1

and one to delay impeachment proceedings2--our congressman called me that night, assuring me a number of others were gathering to insist on no delay)

Donald Trump by firing a tenth as many was causing the stratosphere to rain down on barns and machine sheds in flaming shards

The Russians slipped ashore in black rubber boats and using colored jumpers rerouted transcontinental fiber optics 

creating the false impression the House of Cards engineered the spindling of aging Comrade Sanders

throwing the contest to the misogynist--Word of the Week, replacing Resist, and Russian

A United passenger, a disgraced felon purveyor of prescription painkillers for gay sex presenting as a belligerent, removed per FAA/HS/UA rules

prompted a greater reaction than Butch Reno's H & K MP-5 brandishing commandos snatching an hysterical Elian from his uncle's arms

While rentamobs do not currently smash plate glass and firebomb police, there remains an intentional overreaction to everything

University students complain they are threatened by Mike Pence possibly speaking on their campus

Surely he must be cancelled before another Milo mess in the Berkeley tradition

Impatient for the revolution, the True Believers practice newthink, their Orwellian defense against argument counter to dogma

There cannot be justice for anyone until all the derailments are acknowledged and the guilt applied

The man who would not set fire to a subcontinent was blasted, but

so,too, was the man who insisted on character before color, and the man who saw what might be and asked, "Why not?"

Many auxiliary deaths, some overt, some courtesy the technical services up to and including Breitbart, Hastings, and Scalia--(Lions, and tigers, and bears!)

Perhaps United suffers karma for Kilgallen--until the so-called students know the reference there can be no justice

All the little lefties with their pumped up kicks shouting run Donald run faster than our bullets--

The hate or pseudo-hate (because sophomoric goosesteppers can only respond to voice guns) directed at 45

should be inverted to promote reading

I suggest the Newman second edition JFK and Vietnam and Countdown to Darkness, Greg on NSAM 273--

find out how the War  was initiated, stifled, betrayed and forgotten

How the engineers without grants know the towers were betrayed

How the Russians who did not bark could not have changed victory

How the Justice denied was actually a justice endorsed and forgot

So we ask the straw men to stand down, 

While we discuss the rule of law

Things are so much clearer

Sans headpiece full 

of straw

1  U.S. Cruise Missiles Strike Sudan and Afghan Targets Tied to Terrorist Network

2  ATTACK ON IRAQ: THE OVERVIEW; IMPEACHMENT VOTE IN HOUSE DELAYED AS CLINTON LAUNCHES IRAQ AIR STRIKE, CITING MILITARY NEED TO MOVE SWIFTLY

• Greg Burnham and Mark Jamieson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com