#1 Mark Jamieson

Mark Jamieson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:07 PM

I'm not much on the modern version of the TV show, Hawaii Five-O.

However, while looking through my On Demand feature, I stumbled across this year's episode from November 18, 2017 (Season 7, Episode 9), titled "Elua La Ma Nowemapa."  It's brief description reads, "A conspiracy theorist with compelling information that JFK's own cabinet planned his assassination is murdered."

My interest being piqued, I watched the episode.  The entire episode is designed to make one believe that JFK's cabinet was orchestrating the events of November 22, 1963, from Hawaii, based upon a (conspiracy theorist) researcher's newly discovered evidence.  It turns out (according to the conclusion) that the CT had uncovered evidence of Operation Mongoose, the plot to kill Castro, not Kennedy, and the show's character who believed the "smoking gun" had been found about JFK's murder is left dejected.

There is enough truth in the episode to cause the casual observer to conclude its veracity.  However, any deeper understanding of the events surrounding the cabinet's presence in Hawaii, and the timing thereof, will easily see this for what it is: an attempt to undermine the only natural, logical, and rational conclusion drawn from NSM 273, and the researchers who have brought this information to light.

It seems logical to me that for the "writers" to go to such an extent in a popular prime time TV series, there must be, as many of us have believed, something there.  Why else would the expense and effort be made to continue the misinformation campaign regarding the events surrounding JFK's murder?

Attached File  JFK Hawaii.jpg   126.03KB   0 downloads

• Greg Burnham likes this

#2 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

The November 21, 1963 Honolulu Conference convened not to discuss killing Castro, but to discuss Vietnam withdrawal policy. So the idea that Mongoose was a topic in Hawaii is an unsupported assertion. Then again, the story lines written for episodes of Hawaii Five-O are designed for a fictional TV series not based on any real characters.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#3 Mark Jamieson

Mark Jamieson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

The November 21, 1963 Honolulu Conference convened not to discuss killing Castro, but to discuss Vietnam withdrawal policy. So the idea that Mongoose was a topic in Hawaii is an unsupported assertion. Then again, the story lines written for episodes of Hawaii Five-O are designed for a fictional TV series not based on any real characters.

Absolutely, Greg.  The misinformation AND disinformation is palpable.  Bundy is never mentioned.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mongoose was earlier (c. 1960-62)?

My point is, the average person watching this will conclude its historical accuracy.  They will also equate "conspiracy theorists" with the goofy dude on Five-O, whose bubble was burst.  And, perhaps more importantly, they will disregard the truth of of the conference, and NSM 273 and the far-reaching implications with regards to the assassination.

• Greg Burnham likes this

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:03 PM

Absolutely, Greg.  The misinformation AND disinformation is palpable.  Bundy is never mentioned.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mongoose was earlier (c. 1960-62)?

My point is, the average person watching this will conclude its historical accuracy.  They will also equate "conspiracy theorists" with the goofy dude on Five-O, whose bubble was burst.  And, perhaps more importantly, they will disregard the truth of of the conference, and NSM 273 and the far-reaching implications with regards to the assassination.

Mongoose originated very shortly after the sabotaged Bay of Pigs invasion of April 1961. It was ended about 18 months later almost immediately following the Cuban missile crisis of October 1962. So, yes you are correct, Mark: Mongoose had concluded a year prior to the Honolulu Conference.

• Mark Jamieson likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

This document memorializes a meeting that took place just prior to the Cuban missile crisis and before Mongoose was abandoned.

Operation-Mongoose.jpg

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com