• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:33 AM

In my opinion, there are 3 Donald Trumps. One is a kind, gentle family man. One is a shrewd business man. One is a celebrity.

Now, in the Oval Office, I expect his policies will be based on the morals of a family man who loves America.

Acid flashbacks are a pain in the ass.

You won't believe what I thought I just read ...

Carry on.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#42 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:55 AM

I wouldn't know, as I have never tried hallucinogenic mind altering substances. After all, they've been shown to negatively impact judgment later in life.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#43 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

Very true, my friend.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#44 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:16 PM

For the record, I know that my analysis of presumed to be President-elect (as of December 19th) Donald Trump is very optimistic.

It could even be unrealistic. But it is my best judgment at this time.

I honestly believe that Clinton would have been disastrous. Her unfitness to hold the office is easily demonstrable, as her crimes disqualify her.

This is based on her proven past track record, which was abysmal, including her recently having obstructed justice, among other high crimes and misdemeanors.

I further believe that the power of the Clinton political machine, which is deeply ensconced in the corrupt Washington Establishment, would have been IMPOSSIBLE to defeat by almost any other candidate.

No matter the popularity or qualifications of any of her rivals, Clinton would have done anything and everything to win. Just look at what they did to Sanders.

So Trump out did them at their own game because it was the only way to keep her out.

Metaphorically speaking, he didn't make the mistake of bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Now we shall see.

As an American who still respects the Office of the POTUS, I feel a duty to give him a chance.

If he proves unworthy to serve as our President, Americans have a process to remove him from office, legally.

I hope that does not become necessary and that he grows into the Office and becomes a great President.

To wish for anything less is unnecessarily cynical, counter productive, and frankly, quite petty.

• Mark Jamieson likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#45 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:34 AM

In my opinion, there are 3 Donald Trumps. One is a kind, gentle family man. One is a shrewd business man. One is a celebrity.

He became "the celebrity" personality during the campaign in order to dominate the news cycle and compete with Clinton's well oiled political machine.

It was the only way to compete with it. If you are in a fist fight with someone who fights dirty, you better not fight clean if you expect to prevail.

Now, in the Oval Office, I expect his policies will be based on the morals of a family man who loves America.

When you have a moment, watch You've Been Trumped.  

Then ask yourself if what Trump did to the people and land of Balmedie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland is consistent with the actions of a "kind, gentle family man" who also is a "shrewd business man".  

Apparently, a swamp isn't the only type of topographical feature he's eager to transform.

http://www.youvebeen.../THE_MOVIE.html

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#46 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

Irrespective of the content of the video, here were the available choices:

1. Hillary Clinton  -- (a known commodity who is criminally corrupt, which is demonstrable by reviewing the record of her decades in public service)   -- UNACCEPTABLE

2. Anarchy -- UNACCEPTABLE

3. Totalitarianism  -- UNACCEPTABLE

4. Donald Trump  -- (an unknown commodity in terms of--and due to lack of--public service)  -- Potentially acceptable, potentially unacceptable, but we cannot know the future from here and I don't claim to know it. What I do know is that the alternate choices are demonstrably unacceptable without question.

What I "expect" from Trump may not come to fruition. But I am convinced that what would have come from any of the remaining choices would have definitely been problematic, to put it mildly.

As for the film you mentioned above, I have yet to see it, but the trailer was not impressive, in my view. Perhaps the film provided solid evidence where the trailer hoped to provide sales. I won't be buying the film.

Private business actions--even if morally reprehensible--should not be falsely equated with reprehensible actions taken by those in public service who swore an oath to the public that they serve. While it is true that an individual's personal morality can instruct either their private or their public responsibility, it is also true that an individual's sense of moral duty can flow from such responsibility. When aligned with business interests one's moral duty may not, nor should it necessarily, flow in the same manner or direction as when aligned with one's sworn oath to public service. This will be the first oath Donald Trump ever swore to the public as their servant. It is my hope that he fulfills it. To hope or anticipate that he will not serve honorably is too cynical even for me. However, if he is subsequently proved to be unfit, I will be at the front of the line to help remedy it by exposure. But we have yet to see.

The "Break It Vote" reminds me of Obamacare. I believe that our health care system had been atrocious for a long time before Obama, from skyrocketing costs to insurance company greed. It needed to be fixed and nobody in Washington was making any difference even after decades of knowing there was a problem. So Obama came in and broke it. It needed to be broken. But what replaced the old system appears to be even worse. At least perhaps now the health care system will actually be fixed with something new that works. But without Obama having broken the original we would still be stuck with it. I am no fan of President Obama, but he may have unwittingly cracked the back of a failed health care system for good.

So hopefully Trump is in the process of breaking the status quo that does not serve the American people as it has drifted too far from the Constitution. Unlike the failure of Obamacare, I hope the new "system" doesn't turn out to be even worse than the old status quo. What I do believe is that nothing in Washington will ever be the same again. And that is potentially a very good thing.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#47 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

I am not addressing the Clinton-Trump or Obama-Trump comparsions or anything else except the character and intellect of Trump as they are revealed in this particular documentary -- a valid basis for formulation of judgments.

You write: "Private business actions--even if morally reprehensible--should not be falsely equated with reprehensible actions taken by those in public service who swore an oath to the public that they serve."

I respond: Repeated morally reprehensible business actions by an individual who made promises -- or, if you will, swore morally binding oaths -- to thousands of individuals over whose lives he subsequently rode roughshod when he broke those promises -- should be viewed as valid indicators of a flawed character that cannot be trusted to behave differently.  What Trump did to the Scots is consistent with his business practices over the length of his career -- and with campaign and post-campaign behaviors.

You don't have to buy the documentary.  You've Been Trumped is available on Amazon Prime television and perhaps Netflix and/or Hulu.  I would submit that your warm endorsements of Trump's values and professional expertise currently are based on a fatally limited data base.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#48 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

I respond: Repeated morally reprehensible business actions by an individual who made promises -- or, if you will, swore morally binding oaths -- to thousands of individuals over whose lives he subsequently rode roughshod when he broke those promises -- should be viewed as valid indicators of a flawed character that cannot be trusted to behave differently.  What Trump did to the Scots is consistent with his business practices over the length of his career -- and with campaign and post-campaign behaviors.

I have not reviewed the pertinent real estate contracts to which Donald Trump was a party. Have you? If he failed to perform under the terms of the contract by which he was bound, then he and/or his company are wrong and are potentially liable and subject to law suits or other tort action that the law provides for in just these types of cases. Often the records of such proceedings are available for public scrutiny. I would prefer to see that evidence rather than depend on a clearly anti-Trump documentary to draw my conclusions. Perhaps you have some homework to do if you have not actually seen the contracts for yourself.

You said:

I would submit that your warm endorsements of Trump's values and professional expertise currently are based on a fatally limited data base.

And your database is complete? I would submit that your knowledge of his performance under the pertinent contracts to which he is a party is nil due to your having no idea what those contracts say since they are not in your possession. Of course, if you have the real estate contracts referenced above, then I stand corrected. However, since I am in the real estate business myself, even if you do have the documents or if they are reviewed in the documentary, I still reserve the right to review the documents in total before rendering a judgment either way. Please send me a copy for my review. If the aggrieved party or parties pursued the cases in a court of law, then a judgment should have been rendered to the prevailing party. In other words, the law provides for recourse. If he failed to live up to his agreements, then he should be held to account. But demonizing him on hearsay is irresponsible.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#49 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Start here:

http://www.theatlant...candals/474726/

Then find a way to watch the documentary.  

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#50 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

Pay special attention to this one:

Refusing to Pay Workers and Contractors 

Where and when: various, 1980s-present 

The dirt: Contractors, waiters, dishwashers, and plumbers who have worked at Trump projects say that his company stiffed them for work, refusing to pay for services rendered. USA Today did a lengthy review, finding that some of those contracts were for hundreds of thousands of dollars, many owed to small businesses that failed or struggled to continue because of unpaid bills. (Trump was also found to have improperly withheld compensation in the undocumented Polish worker controversy.)

The upshot: Trump has offered various excuses, including shoddy workmanship, but the scale of the problem—hundreds of allegations—makes that hard to credit. In some cases, even the lawyers Trump has hired to defend him have sued him for failing to pony up their fees. In one lawsuit, a Trump employee admitted in court that a painter was stiffed because managers determined they had “already paid enough.” The cases are damaging because they show Trump not driving a hard bargain with other businesses, but harming ordinary, hard-working Americans.

And this:

Trump University   

Where and when: 2005-2010, online

The dirt: In 2005, the Trump announced an eponymous “university” to teach his real-estate development secrets. Students ponied up as much as $35,000—some after being suckered in by slick free “seminars”—to learn how to get rich. One ad promised they would “learn from Donald Trump’s handpicked instructors, and that participants would have access to Trump’s real estate ‘secrets.’” In fact, Trump had little to do with the curriculum or the instructors. Many of the “students” have since complained that Trump U. was a scam. At one time, it had some prestigious instructors, but over time the “faculty” became a motley bunch of misfits. (It was also never really a “university” by any definition, and it changed its name to the “Trump Entrepreneur Initiative,” because as it happened, the school was violating New York law by operating without an educational license.)

The upshot: The school shut down in 2010. In November 2016, Trump agreed to settle a series of lawsuits related to the school for $25 million. Trump did not admit any wrongdoing as part of the settlement. But he had insisted for months that he would not settle the suit because he expected to win. For a time, he appeared to have been trying to intimidate plaintiffs, including countersuing one for $1 million (a favorite Trump litigation tactic) and refusing to let her withdraw from the suit. (The countersuit was thrown out.) His lawyers cited positive reviews, but former students say they were pressured to give those. Trump also mounted a length attack on the judge, claiming his ethnicity made him biased. Trump has been widely repudiated across the board, with fellow Republicans openly calling him racist.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#51 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

And this:

http://www.nationalr...dinary-citizens

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#52 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

I would prefer to see that evidence rather than depend on a clearly anti-Trump documentary to draw my conclusions. Perhaps you have some homework to do if you have not actually seen the contracts for yourself.

Interesting conclusion, given that you haven't seen the documentary.

In terms of the "homework" prescription: Physician, heal thyself.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#53 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:18 PM

Charles I am fully capable of finding alleged dirt on Trump without your help. What I seek from those making these disparaging claims is clear evidence instead of tabloid type bullshit.

Trump_Hacker.jpg

Indeed, I can provide an equal number of "good" tabloid type stories about Donald Trump, but like the ones you provided, they are unsubstantiated despite their volume. Voluminous does not equal veracity.

Just as one example:

These 5 Acts of Kindness Reveal There's More to Donald Trump Than Just His Celebrity Persona

But these glowing stories do not persuade anymore than the disparaging ones do.

The burden of proof is not on me, my friend.

Produce the documents, not the documentary, and we will have something further to talk about. Until then, not so much. But, as I suspected, it is apparent that you have not seen the contracts and therefore do not have any way of knowing if the allegations claimed in the documentary are true or not. How do I know this without seeing the documentary? Straight line logic, as you have not produced--or reported having even seen--the evidence in support of the claims. The validity of the allegations in the documentary, even sight unseen, must depend on proof or they are nothing more than unsupported assertions. The proof of malfeasance, in this instance, resides in the contractual agreements. Perhaps there is something here, but I need to see the documents--and so should you--before passing judgment. 

And, by the way, I am not looking for a saintly president. I am looking for a good one. I hope we have elected one. If I am wrong, I will admit it. But I am not going to claim to know that he is going to be a bad president at this juncture. I can only hope that he will be a good one.

On the off chance that the documentary indeed cites legal contracts and produces them in support of its claims, I will watch the documentary. However, if--as I suspect--there is nothing to substantiate the claims being made, notwithstanding the plight of those claiming to be damaged, I will be disappointed that critical thinking failed to prevail. I would also hope that the documentary presents the opposing view held by the accused... else it is not a documentary, but a hit piece.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#54 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:57 AM

To return to Greg's Resolved: The Election Was a Break-It Election, quite so.

In fact, it was a stereoptic Mad-As-Hell-and-Not-Going-to-Take-It-Anymore popular demonstration.

The Bernie Sanders phenomenon represented one aspect.  He had the enthusiasm and turnout.

Hillary had the machine, and the foresight to bring a knife, a gun, a bullwhip and the rabid Debbie and Donna hounds.

Bernie won but Hillary stole it.  Bernie's supporters assumed the silence of the lambs.

Trump bested the seventeen including the insufferable preppie scion of the dark dynasty Bush.

Trump is available for the Blind Men and the Elephant Game, same as the snake-headed project of the three GS's:

1) Goldman Sachs;

2) George Soros;

3) Gulf States.

Her policy futures were sold and lost value when the electoral votes were counted.

The president told illegals to vote without fear of penalty.  California makes that easy.

Democrats have fought to defeat voter identification law more vehemently than in any other aspect of policy.

Felons voted.

The dead voted.

Machines changed Trump votes to Clinton votes.

Democrat operatives flaunted their destruction of Trump ballots.

The popular vote was corrupted, but as fate would have it, Hill and Jill couldn't gain traction in their limited action.

Hamilton in Federalist No. 68 is eloquent in description of the function and origin of the electoral college.

Hillary's major donors deny women the right to drive let alone vote.  Her body person is a direct channel of control by misogynists.

The last time Trump hung anybody by crane and I-beam in the square was--

California the source of the Saudi's darling's "victory" is unapologetically lawless.

The choicest fruits and nuts never disappoint.

What would have been possible for the dwindling numbers blocking roads had they done so when Hillary stabbed Bernie?

Lockstep they shuffled along the chute.

Where did their enthusiasm go?

Now they shall not be moved.

Pouting, we are, they say

Lower lip protruding

Arms crossed in

Frustration

Ah, Pelosi

Weary of

Thought

They

Are

• Greg Burnham and Mark Jamieson like this

#55 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:27 AM

Greg,

On this issue, my friend, we have concluded business.

On all others, we stand shoulder-to-shoulder.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#56 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

Phil,

Thank you for bringing the discussion back on topic with such eloquence. 

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#57 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

I found the "documentary" on YouTube. I have watched the first 30 minutes of it. I will watch the remainder as time permits and I will start a separate thread where the topic of the "documentary" can be discussed. While such a discussion has a place, it has no bearing on this topic, "The Break It Vote," which is a euphemism for votes cast in rebellion against the status quo.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#58 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

When you have a moment, watch You've Been Trumped.  

Then ask yourself if what Trump did to the people and land of Balmedie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland is consistent with the actions of a "kind, gentle family man" who also is a "shrewd business man".  

Apparently, a swamp isn't the only type of topographical feature he's eager to transform.

http://www.youvebeen.../THE_MOVIE.html

I forgot to report back about this. I finished the documentary and was not impressed with it. It was long on claims, but short on substantiation of those claims. At best, it creates a state of cognitive dissonance, which is arguably its entire point. So biased was it that it does not warrant further discussion in a separate thread--especially since its sole supporter has departed the debate.

As for his being a shrewd business man, the first month seems to support that notion. As for the rest, pictures speak a thousand words...

Grandpa-Trump.gif

Granddad-Trump.jpg

Marine-One-watch.png

Joseph-Trump.jpg

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com