• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:18 PM

Over at the Maggie's Drawers forum, Jim DiEugenio has exhausted his vocabulary in attempting to demean me and my work.

(Post 19 at https://deeppolitics...e2#.WBOXaS0rKM8 ),

No big deal.  I do not suffer the judgments of fools.

But when DiEugenio moves on to lie about the work of the late George Michael Evica and accuse him of stealing the research of others, he crosses a line that I, for one, shall not allow to be crossed with impunity by anyone.

There is more at stake here than the bragging rights and ego replenishment that are common to contratemps between two forceful individuals.  This is about fairness, personal honor (or lack thereof), trust, truth, and the ongoing search for justice for JFK.

In a fit of pique, DiEugenio wrote this about the Evica-Drago conspiracy model:

"BTW, that is not actually Evica's model.

"When I first heard GME talk about this at a COPA Conference[sic] in Washington [sic] DC, I was kind of taken aback.

"Why?

"Because I had never heard him talk like this before or read anything like this from him prior.

"Then I realized that he was using a good part of Don Gibson's work to make his model."

Implicit in this outright charge of plagiarism is the absurd-on-its-face contention that DiEugenio had heard and read all of Evica's work made public prior to the referenced COPA conference.  Just as evident is DiEugenio's pathetic misunderstanding of the basic concept of a conspiracy "model" as opposed to conspiracy research.

Of course DiEugenio offers no documentation for what almost certainly sinks to the level of a libelous accusation (I'll be securing a definitive opinion early next week) -- one he would dare not make to my cyber-face.

Or maybe he would.

Come out of hiding in a forum to which I am denied entry, DiEugenio.  Bring your evidence of perjury to this forum.  Face me. Prove that Evica committed plagierism by stealing from Gibson or anyone else.

Either that, or print a retraction and an apology for libeling one of the most august, revered radical historians in American history and for not having enough backbone to do anything but shout insults from behind ample skirts.

• Greg Burnham likes this
"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#2 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:49 PM

This goes to motive:

As I predicted, DiEugenio finally opens his kimono and admits that he is incensed by the fact that, when I nominated Jim Garrison for a Profile in Courage Award -- a idea that never occurred to him -- I did not include his Garrison book in my support materials.  

He writes, struggling with facts and syntax on the Maggies Drawers forum thread referenced above:

"As per [Drago's] current critiques, these are about as astute and accurate as his observation that he send Joan Mellen's book to Caroline Kennedy for an award to Jim Garrison. Remember that howler. Evidently he had not even read Mellen's book, and some of the things she said about RFK."

I placed Garrisons's name in nomination in March, 2013.  DiEugenio's reaction at that time:

"Why not send my book along, I mean it has over 2,000 footnotes. [sic]"

Ego, as my dear departed Uncle John often reminded me, is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

No encouragedment from DiEugenio (not that I was looking for it).  Nothing but petulance.

Pathetic.  And now he lashes out.

For details on my Garrison nomination, see:

http://forum.assassi...courage-award/ 

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#3 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

Again, admitting a lack of intellect, the recently mentioned name of Don Gibson on another forum is the first time I can recall the name associated with JFK Assassination research after over 35 years of my serious study of the murder of our elected US President. If I did see the name, I have no memory of such relative to this subject. However, although lacking specifics, I can recall the name of George Michael Evica, and most likely before reading any forum posting on either of the 2 forums I have posted on, as well any other JFK forum.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#4 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

Again, admitting a lack of intellect, the recently mentioned name of Don Gibson on another forum is the first time I can recall the name associated with JFK Assassination research after over 35 years of my serious study of the murder of our elected US President. If I did see the name, I have no memory of such relative to this subject. However, although lacking specifics, I can recall the name of George Michael Evica, and most likely before reading any forum posting on either of the 2 forums I have posted on, as well any other JFK forum.

Donald Gibson's Battling Wall Street and The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up are must-reads.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#5 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

Donald Gibson's Battling Wall Street and The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up are must-reads.

Thanks!

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#6 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:51 AM

Three days have passed, and DiEugenio still cowers in the shadows.

Yet as recently as yesterday, the Unintentional Ironist posted this on an unrelated Maggie's Drawers thread:

As many attorneys will tell you, when someone lies ... it automatically should raise your suspicion factor about them.

I submit that DiEugenio has lied about George Michael Evica as detailed above.

Act accordingly.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#7 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:24 AM

The coward DiEugenio yesterday (November 1, 2016) took to the Maggie's Drawers forum's cyber pages to post a semi-coherent screed in his ongoing effort to lash out at me by defaming my friend, colleague, and mentor George Michael Evica.

Doubling-down on his charge that, when developing the structure that today is referred to as the Evica/Drago Conspiracy Model, Evica plagiarized the work of Donald Gibson, DiEugenio now claims that essentially the entire Evica canon was produced "under the influence of Peter Dale Scott."  

"Having seen just about all of Evica's presentations, and read just about everything he wrote up until the early nineties," DiEugenio squeals, "its [sic] pretty obvious that he was under the influence of Scott for his power structure schematic."

If that ain't another charge of plagiarism, I cannot imagine what would be.

Scurrilous claims aside, DiEugenio continues to demonstrate that he cannot grasp the simple concept of a "conspiracy model" in the sense that Evica created it and I later tweaked it (with his approval, by the way).  Again, the concept in easy-to-grasp terms:  

The Sponsor/Facilitator/Mechanic model and its False Sponsor/Facilitator/Mechanic sub-divisions comprise just that: an empty -- if brilliantly constructed -- vessel into which any number of entities may be entered and evaluated, and that, more significantly, would bring order to the chaos that continues to ravage the research community.

(No one will be spared.  Not even the most "influential" among us.  In his fervor to libel Evica's work, DiEugenio bestows primogenitor status on Donald Gibson, whose "taking apart of the power structure," he proclaims, "made Peter Scott look like an amateur ... ")

DiEugenio suffers, among many intellectual and emotional vulnerabilities, the burdens of being a third-class writer and a hilariously unintentional ironist.  Witness how, in one short phrase, he blindly demolishes his own plagiarism charges:

"Maybe [Evica] thought that since Gibson never elucidated a model like he [Evica] did that he did not need to credit him"

Take all the time you need.

I'll give DiEugenio 24 hours to summon the requisite manhood to address me directly on these cyber-pages (I'm barred entry to Maggie's Drawers (there's an image that will require the poking out of my mind's eye), a fact known to the coward who finds safe haven there for his lies and libels).  If DiEugenio does not crawl forward, I'll no longer hesitate to clarify the record regarding the charges he levels against me.

Until then, I'll leave you with another disgusting instance of DiEugenio's disingenuousness:

"So anyway, there are my conclusions, all from direct dealings with GME, and listening to him talk."

Jim DiEugenio's "direct dealings" with George Michael Evica were few and far between.  One such instance that again rushes to mind took place at the Lancer conference where Evica, two others, and I presented our concept for a "JFK Truth Commission" modeled on the similar body created by Nelson Mandela in South Africa to address the ravages of apartheid.  The idea was so enthusiastically received that nearly a dozen attendees wrote checks to support the work and gave them to George Michael for safekeeping.

In other words, George Michael had earned their trust.

Then DiEugenio, with the connivance of Lancer honchos and without notice being given to any of the initiative's originators, was excreted into a leadership position in the Lancer-based effort.  When this happened, George Michael informed all donors that he was destroying their checks and removing himself from involvement.

Why?

Because George Michael Evica neither trusted DiEugenio's character nor respected his intellect nor, by the way, accepted his claim of sole authorship of Destiny Betrayed.

George Michael has moved on.  I am barred from answering DiEugenio's perfidy directly at its source.  And so the coward snivels away.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#8 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:41 AM

Shaking in the shadows, the coward DiEugenio posted this earlier today on Maggie's Drawers:

"I just took a gander at Drago's reply to me. Wow, talk about weak orange pekoe tea.

"In fact, I think he actually made up a quote and attributed it to me. That, or he never went to college and does not know how to format for consistency.

"And I have to add, he pretty much gets everything wrong about that last day plea by GME and John Judge at ASK. Including when and where it happened."

So what have we got here?

A "nyah-nyah" schoolyard taunt.

An unsupported charge of misquoting, followed by a second "nyah-nyah."

A reference to an event which I have never described and that I did not attend.

(Details of the JFK Lancer event [at which the late John Judge was not present] about which I do write are available at:

http://forum.assassi...19-years-later/ )

Is DiEugenio attempting to engender sympathy by demonstrating cognitive degeneration?  Or does he post only during Happy Hour?

For the last time:  Come out from under Maggie's Drawers and confront me here, DiEugenio.  Or be forever branded as a coward and poseur.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#9 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

For more evidence that goes to motive for the coward DiEugenio's animus toward George Michael Evica and me, please see:

"The Dodds, 'I Mean,' and George Michael Evica: A Separate Pease" at

http://forum.assassi...eparate-pease/ 

For a sample of the quality of Evica research that DiEugenio attempts to demean as a rip-off of Scott and Gibson, please see:

"Oswald and the Rifle: The Investigations of George Michael Evica" at

http://forum.assassi...michael-evica/ 

For starters.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#10 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:06 AM

I have Donald Gibson, Battling Wall Street: The Kennedy Presidency, 1994, and view it as a valuable complement to Gerard Colby and Charlotte Dennett, Thy Will Be Done: The Conquest of the Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil, 1994.

I don't see any model in it.

I have here my copy of Donald Gibson, The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up, 1999-2014. 

I don't find any discussion of model in it.

The section titled The Network pages 126-137 concerns the coverup only and deals with Dulles, Acheson, Rostow, Alsop, McCloy et al, a monostrata single-aspect overview.

Gibson is fascinating in "The Creation of the Warren Commission" as presented in DiEugenio and Pease, The Assassinations, 2003.

It contains no model.

I don't find Gibson presenting a model, which is quite apart from finding these three works useful.

The Evica-Drago Model is essential, as it covers the known facts.

Despite the efforts of Zirbel, McClellan, Nelson, Hunt, and Stone, LBJ was not the mastermind--the sponsor.

Nor Nixon, Hoover, KGB, Castro, Mossad, Oil Men, Gangsters, or others mentioned by Twyman.

Churchhill's reference is intriguing:

Prouty: There is no shortage of experienced writers who, for various reasons, allude repeatedly to, I like Churchill's term best, a "High Cabal." This is attributed to Churchill by Lord Denning in his very good book, A Family Affair. Lord Denning corresponds to our Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, the senior law officer in the United Kingdom. In the book he recounts a story about World War II and the heavy bombardment in England and in Europe. Denning states that his brother, who was an officer with British Naval Intelligence, was working on duty late at night in an underground subterranean area that was between Ten Downing Street and an underground shelter where Churchill used to stay during bombing attacks. The Navy, being as alert as ever, stocked this area where Commander Denning was working, with a few high-quality bottles of brandy.

When, on many occasions, Churchill would walk through their office, the Commander would invite the Prime Minister to sit down and have a brandy. One particular night, after there had been a heavy bombardment on London, and they knew that Rotterdam was under attack, Churchill was sitting there sipping his brandy and he said, almost as if speaking to himself, "You know, an all-out battle on land, and heavy battles in the sea, and this total bombardment over Rotterdam and over London, the High Cabal is operating here". And he referred to this being the wishes of the High Cabal. Now unfortunately, Lord Denning doesn't go any further with the reminiscences of his brother. But maybe they didn't go any further. Maybe Churchill just said that much.

A Special Operation
Part II

The Existence of a High Cabal or Power Elite

Yet that is not a model.  Nor is the deep state of Peter Dale Scott, though the Secret Team of Prouty suggests a room of poobahs who say things like, "Take this stone from my shoe" and anonymous middle men see that it is written, that it is done.

Nowhere but in the writings of Evica does the model appear.

Plagiarism is a fighting accusation, an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary proof.

• Greg Burnham, Charles Drago and Mark Jamieson like this

#11 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:44 AM

I have Donald Gibson, Battling Wall Street: The Kennedy Presidency, 1994, and view it as a valuable complement to Gerard Colby and Charlotte Dennett, Thy Will Be Done: The Conquest of the Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil, 1994.

I don't see any model in it.

I have here my copy of Donald Gibson, The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up, 1999-2014. 

I don't find any discussion of model in it.

The section titled The Network pages 126-137 concerns the coverup only and deals with Dulles, Acheson, Rostow, Alsop, McCloy et al, a monostrata single-aspect overview.

Gibson is fascinating in "The Creation of the Warren Commission" as presented in DiEugenio and Pease, The Assassinations, 2003.

It contains no model.

I don't find Gibson presenting a model, which is quite apart from finding these three works useful.

The Evica-Drago Model is essential, as it covers the known facts.

Despite the efforts of Zirbel, McClellan, Nelson, Hunt, and Stone, LBJ was not the mastermind--the sponsor.

Nor Nixon, Hoover, KGB, Castro, Mossad, Oil Men, Gangsters, or others mentioned by Twyman.

Churchhill's reference is intriguing:

Prouty: There is no shortage of experienced writers who, for various reasons, allude repeatedly to, I like Churchill's term best, a "High Cabal." This is attributed to Churchill by Lord Denning in his very good book, A Family Affair. Lord Denning corresponds to our Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, the senior law officer in the United Kingdom. In the book he recounts a story about World War II and the heavy bombardment in England and in Europe. Denning states that his brother, who was an officer with British Naval Intelligence, was working on duty late at night in an underground subterranean area that was between Ten Downing Street and an underground shelter where Churchill used to stay during bombing attacks. The Navy, being as alert as ever, stocked this area where Commander Denning was working, with a few high-quality bottles of brandy.

When, on many occasions, Churchill would walk through their office, the Commander would invite the Prime Minister to sit down and have a brandy. One particular night, after there had been a heavy bombardment on London, and they knew that Rotterdam was under attack, Churchill was sitting there sipping his brandy and he said, almost as if speaking to himself, "You know, an all-out battle on land, and heavy battles in the sea, and this total bombardment over Rotterdam and over London, the High Cabal is operating here". And he referred to this being the wishes of the High Cabal. Now unfortunately, Lord Denning doesn't go any further with the reminiscences of his brother. But maybe they didn't go any further. Maybe Churchill just said that much.

A Special Operation
Part II

The Existence of a High Cabal or Power Elite

Yet that is not a model.  Nor is the deep state of Peter Dale Scott, though the Secret Team of Prouty suggests a room of poobahs who say things like, "Take this stone from my shoe" and anonymous middle men see that it is written, that it is done.

Nowhere but in the writings of Evica does the model appear.

Plagiarism is a fighting accusation, an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary proof.

Thank you, Phil.  

I deeply appreciate Gibson's work, and I am in complete agreement with your assessment of it here within the "find a model" context.

As usual, you read as deeply as you think.  And you tolerate not a whiff of bullshit.

A "fighting accusation"?  Indeed.  Alas, a backbone is required to engage one's adversary.  

DiEugenio's physiology is fatally deficient in this regard.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#12 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

In a thread I started on August 11, 2016 and titled "A Reverse-Engineering Metaphor to Help Clarify the Sponsor/Facilitator/Mechanic Conspiracy Model"  -- a/k/a the Evica-Drago Model -- I provided a tutorial that even DiEugenio should have been able to understand.  It speaks to the distinction, to use additional apt metaphors, between skull and face ... between chord changes and melody.  Find it, and worthy comments, at 

http://forum.assassi...spiracy-model/ 

The gist:

"The nail does not swing the hammer. The hammer does not direct the carpenter. The carpenter does not engage the general contractor. The general contractor does not create the architect's blueprints. The architect does not commission the renovations.

"The home owners initiate and pay for the project, approve and give the go-ahead to realize plans -- and do not dream of soiling their hands on the worksite or inviting the carpenter, general contractor, or architect to dinner.

"Case-in-point: Allen Dulles -- an ARCHITECT of the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy."

Take all the time you need, DiEugenio.  I'll be visiting you again shortly.

Until then, here is a portion of one of the aforementioned comments, a typically insightful analysis by Phil Dragoo:

"The Evica-Drago model of the JFK assassination clarifies the conception. 

"Another useful way of thinking about the assassination is that in the Drago stipulation it is, in addition to all else, a dramatic construct.

"A corollary to the Drago edition states those not finding the event conspiracy are deficient or complicit.

"The single sponsor fetish appears in the work of Craig Zirbel, Barr McClellan, Phil Nelson, Howard Hunt, Robert Morrow ... " 

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#13 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

Previously on this thread I promised to clarify my work as a member of the erroneously labeled "JFK research community" -- erroneous insofar as it begs the inference that scholarly research amounts to the only meaningful contribution one can make to the searches for truth and justice in this case -- a  task necessitated by a typically defensive, simple-minded, defamatory, and ultimately disingenuous screed (Drago's "rabid and baseless musings") directed against me by Jim DiEugenio on the Maggie's Drawers forum (see post #7 at https://deeppolitics...ed#.WCc85LIrKM8 ).

Since I am barred from responding to DiEugenio on that site -- (a fact of which he is aware and even celebrates, and which emboldens him to make his borderline libelous chages without fear of direct refutation: "Drago," he writes, "has become more and more toxic, belligerent, and obnoxious since he has now been confined to Greg Burnham's forum. All he does now is take pot shots at everyone else from his forced isolation [emphasis added])" -- I have no recourse but to speak truth to falsehood, ignorance, and envy here.  

I thank Greg Burnham for stretching this forum's rules to allow me to clarify the record; he understands that, as I've previously noted:

"There is more at stake here than the bragging rights and ego replenishment that are common to contratemps between two forceful individuals.  This is about fairness, personal honor (or lack thereof), trust, truth, and the ongoing search for justice for JFK."

DiEugenio's is a classic strawman attack.  "Drago was never any great shakes as a researcher.  He essentially began and ended with Evica, his idol.  As if GME was the beginning and ending of all JFK research.  Well, for Drago that was fairly accurate, for people actually going through the declassified record, it was not. [sic]  Since Drago never did, it was a self reinforcing paradigm. [sic]"

REFUTATION ONE -- As early as the 1990s and to this day, whether in a brief bio paragraph for a JFK Lancer program book, in numerous other conferences'  materials, and from at least a half-dozen podiums, I make clear the natue of my work: what I contribute in the main to our shared endeavors "is not original research, but rather original thinking".  I have never described myself as a "JFK researcher".

REFUTATION TWO -- DiEugenio asserts as fact an undernourished-by-fact and thus fatally flawed supposition when he writes, "Drago never did [go through the declassified record]."  DiEugenio clearly hasn't the faintest idea of the manners in which I study this case.  In point of fact, the lion's share of my time (literally thousands of hours over more than three decades) spent in pursuit of truth and justice for JFK has been consumed by reading -- thoroughly -- declassified documents and other papers and books focusing on deep politics in general and the Dallas operation in particular.  In this instance, DiEugenio lies about me.

REFUTATION THREE -- Far from beginning and ending with Evica, my JFK work was recognized as significant years before I met George Michael.  In point of fact, I first made his acquaintance at the first Third Decade Conference in June, 1991, where I presented a paper and served as a discussant for another presentation at the invitation of Dr. Jerry Rose, publisher of the journal.  And today my work continues, long after George Michael has shuffled off this mortal coil.  Once again, DiEugenio lies about me.

DiEugenio continues his Hearst-worthy hatchet job by opening his kimono and exposing his chafed ego.  He describes my nomination of Jim Garrison -- the subject of "his" first book -- for a Profile in Courage Award as a "howler."  Why? Because he was and remains incapable of the scholarly synthesis and sheer imagination required to recognize such an opportunity for moving the case forward, and because his ego was shattered by my choice to cite Joan Mellen's book-length study of Garrison's JFK case in the formal nomination papers.

And before you buy DiEugenio's implication that his objection to my method is based on the fact that Mellen's attacks on RFK (of which he implies I was unaware -- another DiEugenio lie) were bound sink the effort almost before it was launched, know that his original criticism, made at the time the nomination was filed, noted only that "his" book had real, honest-to-goodness footnotes.

Moving on: When I took DiEugenio to task for implying that he somehow deserves credit for exposing the fact that the CIA's Mexico City audio surveillance tapes on which the voice of an Oswald imposter is heard were not destroyed prior to the assassination -- I cited the original memorandum in which officials acknowledge listening to it in the aftermath of JFK's murder -- he scurries to find an excuse for his behavior.

"Every LHO did it guy since has used [Blakey's minimizing of the significance of this fact] to discount its importance ... which is why I went and found at least five other sources," he pleadingly asserts.  

As if a thousand additional sources would dissuade the LN liars from conducting their operations.

(At this point in his screed, his blood heated to mammalian levels, DiEugenio begins to refer to me as "Chucky" -- which in his witless world rises to the level of bon mot.  More of this in due course.)

Continuing to engage in nose-growing behavior, DiEugenio claims that, "[Drago] then says that I think I was the first person to discover Anne Goodpasture. He bases this on me bringing up the Lopez Report to Eddie Lopez and asking him about her. (Which he calls name dropping.)[sic]"

Wrong, James.  Again.  I was commenting on the manner in which DiEugenio's typically inartful (or, as I suspect, typically self-gratifying and disingenuous) language begs the inference that somehow he bears a meaningful amount of the responsibility for the Goodpasture revelations.  In fact, all that DiEugenio does here -- as is the case with the overwhelming majority of his published work -- is cite the efforts of others.  Or, if you prefer, declare the obvious with an air of discovery.

Then, as so often happens, DiEugenio, in a frantic effort to have it both ways, refutes his own case: "So what Chucky is saying inadvertently proves my point--that it was [the Lopez Report] that first shined the light on her role in that prior skullduggery."

DiEugenio is fond of praising the "synthesis" that occurs when a researcher/historian reaches conclusions that are greater than the sum of the parts of his/her research -- a phenomenon one rarely encounters in his own published work.  The praise ends, of course, when he's writing about my work. In such instances, "synthesis" is dismissed as "speculation".

"Finally, [Drago's] interpretation of the Chicago Plot is just speculation. He may be right, he may be wrong. But that is what Chucky does. He speculates. And he pontificates on the BIG PICTURE. Wait for him to do something original.

"(Yawn, zzzz)"

This is so pathetic a pleading that I'm tempted to forgo the balance of this response out of sheer sympathy for a mind addled by narcissistic personality disorder.  

But I won't, because this poseur must be exposed.  And I'm just the guy to do the exposing.

My Chicago-as-ruse hypothesis is in fact a synthesis of the Edwin Black article, my analyses of other works, including but not limited to portions of Hank Albarelli's A Secret Order and James Douglass' JFK and the Unspeakable, and exchanges with and about Evica, Mary Ferrell, and Bud Fensterwald.  It is wholly original as a synthesis -- just as many of my earlier works are (my essay "In the Blossom of Our Sins", my Lancer presentation on the recognition of Dealey Plaza as sacred ground, my Introduction to Evica's A Certain Arrogance, etc.).

(And speaking of Ms. Ferrell, I don't recall seeing DiEugenio at any of Mary's legendary JFK conference soirees, where, at her invitation, the most august names in our community -- and, upon occasion and for reasons that remain obscure, even I -- would gather in the hotel's presidential suite for fine wine and finer, on- and off-the-record conversation.  But I digress.)

To drive home his dagger, DiEugenio closes with a characterization that, in its elements of transference, its ugliness, and its spineless presentation from behind a firewall, perfectly crystalizes all that we need to know about his mind and his character:

"Chucky is starting to remind me of the weird uncle at family gatherings who gets hustled off into a side room and eats and drinks by himself. When its time to go, his kindly sister takes his hat and coat, dresses him and drops him off at his apartment."

And with that, your honors, the plaintiff retires to his lonely room and rests.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#14 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:29 PM

I thank Greg Burnham for stretching this forum's rules to allow me to clarify the record; he understands that, as I've previously noted:

"There is more at stake here than the bragging rights and ego replenishment that are common to contratemps between two forceful individuals.  This is about fairness, personal honor (or lack thereof), trust, truth, and the ongoing search for justice for JFK."

You are most welcome, my friend.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com