Photo

I'm going to Dealy Plaza for the first time!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:08 PM

Early this coming Sunday morning I will be departing for Dallas! I will be staying with a friend in Arlington for a week and while I'm there I will be going to Dealy for the first time! After years of dreaming about this it's finally going to become a reality.

I wanted to share my excitement with everyone and say hello since it's been so long since I've posted. Hope everyone is doing well!!! :)

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#2 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

Hi Christina,

Good for you. I think you will find it ... enlightening. Do you have someone, perhaps a researcher who lives there, to show you the points of interest (to the case) beyond the most obvious? If not, send me an email and I may be able to put you in touch with someone who can give you some tips. For instance, you may want to check out the ramp to the Dallas Police Department garage where Oswald was shot, etc. Also note that the actual location of the head shot is NOT where Robert Groden indicated it was by marking an "X" on Elm. It is about 30 feet farther west down Elm, closer to the steps on the knoll. That is important to know for several reasons including its proximity to the storm drain, among other things.

If you have any questions that I can help you with don't hesitate to ask.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#3 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

And don' forget to duck.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#4 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:31 PM

Thank you for the tip, Charles lol :)

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#5 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:38 PM

FYI, The Stemmons Freeway is AKA I-35 E, and passes quite close to Dealey Plaza, a little north of I-30. I was in the Dallas area about 2 weeks ago, traveling from Houston to Allen, and US Hwy 75 through Dallas gives one a thrill about every few seconds. When I left to return home, I took Loop 635 at Hwy 75 to go south/southeast around the east side of Dallas to I-20 then to I-45. Depending on where one is traveling from, I do not recommend US 75 through Dallas.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#6 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:11 AM

Greg, I sent you an email :)

JFK

#7 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

Got it.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#8 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:25 PM

Christina,

I have recruited a guide for you. Check your email for details!

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#9 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:46 PM

FYI, The Stemmons Freeway is AKA I-35 E, and passes quite close to Dealey Plaza, a little north of I-30. I was in the Dallas area about 2 weeks ago, traveling from Houston to Allen, and US Hwy 75 through Dallas gives one a thrill about every few seconds. When I left to return home, I took Loop 635 at Hwy 75 to go south/southeast around the east side of Dallas to I-20 then to I-45. Depending on where one is traveling from, I do not recommend US 75 through Dallas.

Thanks for the info!!!! :)

JFK

#10 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the info!!!! :)

You are welcome Ma'am. Should not be a problem from Arlington to Dealey Plaza. But, a lot of toll roads in and around Dallas, so a Tag comes in handy. And, if you pass by the friendly folks at Fr.....y Ch......t, give them a friendly wave for me, even if not riding in a C...y.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com