Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:37 PM

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

For the love of God, let us study war no more.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#3 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

I don't have a problem with studyin' war and preparing for DEFENSE.

I do have problems with the pre-emptive crap legitimized at present.

I do have problems with glorification of warriors and recruited civilian workers of war the same - overpaid compared to the govt. issue "volunteers"

I have problems with denied collateral casualties in psyop to glorify war to video game "fun". 21st Century "DooM".

When I was indentured to the USMC things regarding Seals and Force Recon were NOT public knowledge nor ever discussed not even at "beer call" in the company of only brothers, the reality was known inside the community though but kept inside that council.

And one knew not to be too curious - only glad those guys are on our side but silently so.

There are reasons that the BEST officer I ever knew or served with as my CO knew the rank of General would never be granted to Recon Marine Officers, both Force and Battalion Recon fall or did fall under this seemingly unwritten edict from 8th & I - (USMC HQ). He retired a full bird and deserved it.

TR's big stick I don't have problems with, todays cavalier "leadership" I do have issues with and Posse Comitatus being rendered moot it is too transparent to my liking. 

Today the "leadership" too easily would accept the idea of DOD TACTICAL DEPLOYMENT against WeThePeople.

A Kent State with active duty Gyrenes I promise no one but an enemy of WeThePeople would desire to see come to pass.

Why did the Indiana National Guard enclose their HQ with defensive equipment and fences unless they expect to need to prepare to face ire of WeThePeople?

Why the agenda of militarizing the freaking "cops"?

The likely first contact with "authority" are those freaking bloodthirsty PIGS in cammo. In cammo a dead give away as to attitude.

In the way that the US Government has been allowed to evolve the last 40 years since I raised my right hand to swear in, I have to agree - unworthy of good citizens' devotion in some cases.

Let us study war no more - only the history to prevent repeats of these mistakes.

To study war to prove to the potential volunteers IT IS NOT A VIDEO GAME BUT USUALLY ONLY CONDONED MURDER.

Murder for sometimes valid reason but often not.

Have a great 4th of July and celebrate Independence.

Just know what is being celebrated and why.

American Liberty retrieved by force from Oppressors begun in 1776 on this day.

Yankee Doodle was no punk unlike "leaders" of this day

and Yankee Doodle was not successfully disarmed.

Jim

?

Has everyone forgotten that the Lexington-Concord Bridge conflict was ignited by Oppressors attempting to confiscate arms

and arrest Sam Adams, John Hancock, Dr. Warren

and other "firebrands" to the Oppressors but leaders to WeThePeople.

Pop goes the Oppressor's dream, in a decade and more of struggle.

Forgotten History? No longer taught?

The punks lost and the Yanks won.

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:11 PM

Seal Team 6 is trained on Coronado Island at the North Island Naval Air Station. I am on the Coronado Tennis Association (CTA) Board of Directors. The CTA donated a sum of money to a tennis training facility dedicated to helping integrate soldiers who may have lost their ability to walk, among other things, upon their return to civilian life. It is inspiring to watch them play tennis in wheelchairs. "I felt bad because I had no shoes until I met the man who had no feet."

My wife and I also sell real estate in Coronado. We have represented members of the Seal Team in their home buying and/or selling transactions. They are among the finest and most honest clients we have had the pleasure to serve. The extreme level of respect and courtesy that they extend toward civilians is quite admirable and indicative of their humility, IMO. They do not make war. Politicians make war. However, the ones that I have worked with would sacrifice their own life to save that of an innocent. And for that I am eternally grateful.

Those who want the world to disarm, for some reason, think it should start with the USA. If it did, we would surely be doomed. As for me, I think disarmament should be forced on Daesh by whatever means necessary. Seal Team 6 is a good candidate for such operations.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

As for me, I think disarmament should be forced on Daesh by whatever means necessary. Seal Team 6 is a good candidate for such operations.

Take the hammer from the carpenter's hand and the carpenter will buy a new one.

Take the carpenter's card from the general contractor's Rolodex and the general contractor will find a new one.

Take the general contractor from the architect's list of preferred general contractors, and the architect will find a new one.

Take the architect's name from the Yellow Pages, and the home owner will choose another architect.

When, my dear friend, do you intend to get around to neutralizing the home owner?

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

When, my dear friend, do you intend to get around to neutralizing the home owner?

When they begin raping toddlers, beheading Christians, and massacring unarmed civilians.

I'll buy you another round.

• Charles Drago and Jim Hackett II like this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#7 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

I'll happily drink with and to you.

But by definition, it is the "home owner" who is ultimately responsible for the rapes, beheadings, and massacres that you so powerfully reference.

To switch metaphors in mid-stream -- and with apologies to Signore Marcello:

Quando ti rivolgere la vostra attenzione dalla coda del cane per la testa del cane?

When will you turn your attention from the dog's tail to the dog's head?

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#8 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:49 PM

Charles,

I truly believe that you are attempting to address and correct something inherent to human beings. But, as such, it can never be eliminated, only managed. History has taught us that there will always be those who treat others barbarically no matter if they feel they have a reason to justify such behavior or not. It has always been so from the beginning. Can it ever change? I don't know. However, I do know, we have made some progress. Not enough, to be sure, but considerable in light of ancient as well as not so ancient history.

Still this remains: When a fully grown male does not have the conscience to prevent him from raping a child--no matter what his stated motivation might be--he MUST be stopped by any and all means necessary. When this type of barbarism is happening on a large scale, it MUST be addressed in the most urgent fashion available. Philosophizing will not put an end to it. Indeed, the mindset of such a perpetrator is like nothing you have ever experienced. If you put yourself in the place of one of these toddlers, you would be begging for the Americans to come.

To be clear: I am not advocating murder. I am advocating rescuing and protecting innocent lives by any means available. 

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#9 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

We're almost at the "agree to disagree" point.

I'll end my side of this exchange by repeating that among the many motivations for acts of terrorism are the ravages of mental illness.  By definition, a fully grown male -- or female -- who engages in bestial behavior the likes of child rape is (forgive the technical term) fucking nuts.  They must be stopped by any necessary means, and with lethal force the method of last resort.

The Sponsors of terrorism routinely take advantage of the mentally ill by weaponizing them.  

Your relentless focus on child rape speaks to your compassion -- to the goodness of your soul.  But it also serves as an emotional blinder.  

Protecting the innocent should be our primary concern and mission.  But let's not lose sight of the wider, deeper picture.  Let's not forget that every Asian enemy of America has been described as "having no respect for human life."  Now every Islamic enemy is being painted with the same brush strokes.

The goal?  Dehumanization ... which in turn allows good people to excuse butchery in their name and by their hands.

Finally, I do not harbor the illusion that evil can be eradicated from human nature.  However, acts of love for all humankind can trump evil in many instances.   

Thomas Berger, in Little Big Man, wrote this insight as spoken by the novel's hero (I paraphrase): "Sure, the lion can lay down with the lamb ... just so long as you get a new lamb every so often."

When asked if, unlike British cavalry horses, Nazi tanks would have halted rather than run over protesters prostrate in their path, Gandhi conceded that the result of such an encounter would have been a whole lot of flat protesters.

Nelson Mandela valued truth and reconciliation over vengeance.

James Douglass reminds us that non-violent acts are not passive in nature.

The equation is complicated.

Until the life of the terrorist is held to be as sacred as the life of the terrorized, the terror will continue.

And to hit even closer to home ... 

Ted Kennedy pleaded for the life of Sirhan Sirhan -- and not only because he knew that Sirhan Sirhan did not kill Bobby.

Until the life of the assassin is held to be as sacred as the life of the assassinated, the assassinations will continue.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#10 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:39 PM

I won't buy you another round. You've had enough. We disagree.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#11 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

"I am advocating rescuing and protecting innocent lives by any means available." Agreed Greg.

It ain't tiddly winks, some wanna play by obscene rules.

To put shackles on outside the US military means directed against evil doers is familiar and foolish.

As much as I prefer peace I know sometimes as*holes will be as*holes no matter what comes as consequence.

Were I the CIC, when I decided against peaceful means I would not go "halfway" in violent opposition to those that are "raping toddlers, beheading Christians, and massacring unarmed civilians." or organizing - financing those that would, then I would do more than the limited responses I see and hear are ongoing.

Warriors in limited response wars are only targets with bull's eyes on their lives for psyop value to the enemy.

I have said before that in 2001 if I were President as I received actionable intelligence about the impending escape of evil doers through Tora Bora into haven in Pakistan, I would have buried the bastards under glow-in-the-dark rocks and not been above bouncing rubble with repeated attacks.

Further I would never have given a momentary damn about "world opinion".

If the house of Saud wanted to start sh*t about it I'd withdraw the "diplomats" and expel as personna non grata the diplomatic sh*ts from Saudia Arabia as a WARNING.

Pakistan would know to shut up and get out of terrorists acts against the US and NOT TO HARBOR those that would commit such.

Our big stick is bigger than Pakistans and they know it.

Example of revenge swift and sudden and more than some fools thought possible for the supposed weak American government responses expected.

Terror against the US would stop and the jackas*es would go back to subjecting other Muslims to killing and mayhem because no American troops would serve as targets of opportunity by being present to "liberate" anyone.

However when the royal Saud family was close personal friends with GWBu$h as President the response was muted to impotence, the war-makers secured their "decades long war of culture against freedom". And more and ever widening wars. A win for the overseers of war and friends.

By any means possible I would have had revenge not a list of lost folks and the provocations of Abu Ghraib abuses by other US military and Agency punks.

Rendition not required. Torture needless not legitimized.

No "USA Patriot Act" abrogation of rights brought by fear of more "terrorists attacks".

No promotion of biowar as tactic to be feared by "bird-flu" or the other flavors of bullsh*t, currently the Zika virus flavor of the week.

Easier to deploy the poor to fight unending wars than to grow guts and jump the fence and grab the steer by the horns, no bulls there only chumps. It ain't "cow tipping" fun then.

As it stands now, by all means in the "rules of engagement" established - deploy our best against Daesh. Navy, Marine Corp, Army and Air Force as well as the other US military elite that few ever learn of.

And yes I concur about the character and motivation of all the "Seals" and "Force Recon" folks I ever met.

I bet the same conditions prevail today that existed then.

Maybe the extreme training and the values of brotherhood and never ever giving up selects the ones that do live to a higher ethics of life and killing.

Meanwhile serving in silence like submariners do.

I bet so.

And then again maybe I too "have had enough" but.... I don't think so.

• Greg Burnham likes this

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

Until the lives of the terrorists and the lives of the terrorist's would-be victims are BOTH held to be sacred, the terror will continue.

Peace is not a one way street.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#13 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

Until the lives of the terrorists and the lives of the terrorist's would-be victims are BOTH held to be sacred, the terror will continue.

Peace is not a one way street.

I believe that you could not be more wrong.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#14 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:16 PM

If the life of the terrorist is held to be just as valuable as that of the victim in the eyes of all, but at the same time if the life of the victim is held to be worthless in the eyes of the terrorist, then what say you?

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#15 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

Simultaneously ... 

Understand terrorism, its origins and its objectives in all their complexity ... 

AND

Take all necessary pro-active and reactive measures to defend against terror attacks, using lethal force as a last resort only when it is about to be used against you ... 

AND

Take all necessary measures to expose and neutralize the heads -- rather than the tales -- of the rabid dogs no matter where they dwell, no matter the flag in which they wrap themselves ...

AND

Understand that you very well may bear a share of the responsibility for certain forms of terror ... 

BUT FIRST AND FOREMOST ... 

Proselytize -- that is, promote, advocate, champion, advance, further, spread, proclaim. peddle, preach, endorse, urge, recommend, boost -- the moral imperatives to hold all lives to be sacred and inviolate and, when necessary, to travel alone down that one way street until the day when traffic jams in the rush to join you.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#16 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

I think I agree with most everything you just wrote if I am understanding it correctly.

I would point out that, as a whole, (with notable exceptions within the National Security Establishment, among others, such as the KKK, for example), the American People tend to believe all men are created equal and all lives are equal and of immeasurable value. Indeed, we hold these truths to be self evident! Do we fall short of perfecting the expression of these truths? Yes, by a long shot, but we do hold them to be true in principle if not in practice.

Daesh has no corresponding beliefs, nothing similar to which they aspire, no tolerance for "others" or for those who are unlike them. So while we fail to perfectly live up to our own beliefs, at least we have such beliefs, and the vast majority of Americans are attempting tolerance and rejecting bigotry. Again, we do have a long way to go, but I truly believe that we are at least holding ourselves to a higher standard and growing closer to it.

Love can be a one way street, but, IMO, peace cannot.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#17 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:25 PM

Take all necessary pro-active and reactive measures to defend against terror attacks, using lethal force as a last resort only when it is about to be used against you ... 

I also want to add to this instruction:

"If you have the ability to intervene in the abuse of defenseless victims... do so even if that means putting yourself into harms way. In the process, use whatever amount of force is necessary to protect and defend the victims of terror as well as yourself."

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#18 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

Gentlemen, Friends,

Nothing I can add really.

My family is and was faith bearing family - not denominationally chained.

I am as much a pacifist as this world will allow me to be.

I try to turn the other cheek ONCE but don't let that concept shackle me to impotent responses.

I have no cheek to turn when witnessing the weaker or innocent others being abused or beaten or killed or .....

exception taken in unequal deployments though. That is fight or flight response of self defense.

Given a reasonable chance of stopping the bull I am not often torn to "act-or-don't-act".

Instantaneous response to "bein' there" has cost me sometimes but right is right and wrong is not right.

I bet this character trait does not come gift wrapped from US military training because I was doing the same things before that experience.

I grant it may have been reinforced by the military brotherhood culture. Maybe so?

One uncle insisted it was wrong not to do what was right for those unable to do it for themselves.

No I bet it came of seeing adults of the family stand up for another when it was proper.

In history - do you do a Stalin and refit your forces and wait for the wehrmacht to kill the rest of the Polish resistance freedom fighters inside Warsaw?

Or do you join in efforts with the partisans of the Polish resistance to jump on the invaders with both feet and expel them back to Germany?

When people that know evil when encountered and do nothing are the "good people" the empower evil's success.

#19 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:18 AM

I think I agree with most everything you just wrote if I am understanding it correctly.

I would point out that, as a whole, (with notable exceptions within the National Security Establishment, among others, such as the KKK, for example), the American People tend to believe all men are created equal and all lives are equal and of immeasurable value. Indeed, we hold these truths to be self evident! Do we fall short of perfecting the expression of these truths? Yes, by a long shot, but we do hold them to be true in principle if not in practice.

Love can be a one way street, but, IMO, peace cannot.

Agreed that we agree on much, here and elsewhere.

However, and despite what I am certain is your noble intent, your repeated conjurings of elements of what is commonly -- and erroneously -- described as "American exceptionalism" (e.g. " ... the American people tend to believe that all men are created equal and all lives are of equal and immeasurable value ... " [emphasis added]) are, for me, deeply troubling.  I submit that they manifest and promote tribalism and, by extension, xenophobia -- the inherent aspects of the human psyche that since time immemorial have been manipulated by sinister forces to acquire and maintain power at the cost of billions of lives.

Remove "the American" from the sentence I reference and replace it with "most", and we are in total accord.

So to if you were to write that "peace cannot be sustained on a one-way street, but the journey toward peace more often than not begins beneath white-on-black arrows."

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#20 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:28 AM

It is an interesting phenomenon that as I awoke this morning I came to the conclusion in those first moments of consciousness that the word American was too limiting in reference to the "tendencies" shared by all men and women of good will. I was going to post a message to that effect.

And there, you have said it for me.

Still, I must submit that only in our Declaration of Independence have such concepts been acknowledged as self evident and endowed by the Creator. I am still of the mind that before a nation was founded upon such concepts, the pursuit of liberty was more easily relegated to the world of idealism. Our Constitution identities liberty as a basic human right and for that I am grateful.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com