• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:14 AM

What it's Like to be a Muslim in the CIA

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:13 AM

Muslim CIA officers. . . .

2ptq8sh.jpg

CIA Riyadh station chief 1996-1999.  Observed entering holy cities, hence presumed convert.  Has waxed ecstatic over lifelong fascination (compare to "sweetest sound on earth").  Stipulates jihad legitimate religious tenet.

Now comes the news U.S. is funding Al Qaeda-linked forces to battle Assad--and his Russian and Iranian supporters.

Author asks how Nidal Hassan "slipped through the cracks"--because nobody dared act against the ever more radicalized rhetoric.

Until he shows up in ice cream bedclothes with extra mags in a gun-free zone.

Sibel Edmonds, Confidential Woman, reveals treason and corruption in FBI, CIA, Pentagon, State, Congress.

Witness the presidential adviser Valerie Jarrett, the presumed successor's agent of influence Huma Abedin.

Muslim Brotherhood was the designated follow-on to Hosni Mubarak.

The unspoken influence includes the Saudi-Bush relationship, the Obama-bow obeisance, the suspicious 28 pages

The statement by Bob Baer 25-year CIA case officer to the effect Saudi owns US policy

Why didn't FBI act on Omar Mateen?  Ample suspicious activity.

Why was John O'Neill crushed under a tower collapse instead of heeded to prevent the attack in the first place?

Why are there a billion plus Muslims yet only crickets after every attack--the latest in Istanbul

My line left France in 1699 to escape Catholic repression--where is the widespread Islamic Reformation

The loud protest when women are stoned, infidels beheaded, homosexuals thrown from buildings

Why did USG fake an attack, initiate two wars, a regional destabilization, a mission creep

turning War on Terrorism into Enlisting Terrorists in Proxy Wars

The ghost of Gary Webb says Okay you're a Muslim in the CIA

Bully for you, kid

Check your six and don't spend your pension

Don't be too efficient in uncovering plots

that were likely laid on by

overlords with agendas

governed by dark

meteorites

behind

walls

• Greg Burnham, Jim Hackett II and Mark Jamieson like this

#3 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:47 AM

As Len Osanic and friends intoned.

Who are they anyway.... do they say?

Not just "privacy" issues, but liberty too.

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:08 AM

Why Average People Become Terrorists

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:46 AM

America's Founding Fathers were, to the British, terrorists.

Were 18th and 19th century Native Americans who waged war against Europeans on the continent terrorists or freedom fighters?

Three additional points and I'm done:

1. In the abstract, "terror" and "terrorist" are relative terms.

2. The terrorist is his or her terror's first victim.

3. Until the life of the terrorist is held to be as sacred as the life of the terrorized, the terror will continue.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

Until the life of the terrorist is held to be as sacred as the life of the terrorized, the terror will continue.

Perhaps. But, it should not continue, in any event, as a moral imperative. Besides, I think that most Americans--at least the ones that I know--including myself, DO feel that all human life is of equal value. A person is NOT his behaviors. I may despise the behavior of a terrorist without despising the human behind it. I know for certain that many, if not most, Christians believe the same thing. Indeed, here in San Diego there are prayer groups that pray that God has mercy on the terrorists' souls. In the Catholic Seminary that I attended for 5 years during the height of the Cold War, we said prayers for the conversion of Russia and prayed for the Russian people daily.

IMO, you assume--without any evidence--that terrorism is wholly motivated by the terrorist's feeling that his existence is not held to be of equal value as that of his victims. That expalnation is more complex than what is necessary to adequately account for the evidence.

Indeed, Occam's Razor suggests a much simpler, while yet remaining adequate to the available evidence, explanation:

Until the terrorist holds the life of the terrorist's would-be victim as sacred as his own life, the terrorism will continue.

If that were to happen all terrorism would end irrespective of how non-terrorists perceived terrorists.

I simply cannot tolerate the notion that, "Only when terrorists feel their lives are valued as much as that of their victims will they refrain from raping toddlers, gunning down defenseless civilians, legally raping and virtually enslaving their own wives, beheading journalists, and murdering homosexuals."

Absurd.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#7 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:57 AM

Until the life of the terrorist is held to be as sacred as the life of the terrorized, the terror will continue.

Why is the burden of peace unevenly distributed?

IMO, you assume--without any evidence--that terrorism is wholly motivated by the terrorist's feeling that his existence is not held to be of equal value as that of his victims. That is more complex than what is necessary to adequately account for the evidence.

Indeed, Occam's Razor suggests much simpler, while yet remaining adequate to the available evidence:

Until the life of the terrorist's victim is held as sacred as the life of the terrorist, the terrorism will continue.

I simply cannot tolerate the notion that if a terrorist felt more loved he would therefore not rape toddlers. Absurd.

It would be unlikely that a pedophile rapist would change his/her ways even if inundated with love.

As for my admonition: "Terror" as in a "weapon of war" will not be eradicated until the notion of acceptable rules for conducting wars is eliminated. War by definition is terrible.  War IS terror.  So let me rephrase: Until all life is held to be sacred, the terror that is war will remain an inevitability.

Why, you ask, is the burden of peace unevenly distributed?

Because such is the nature of our species.

But let me provide another answer, partially in the form of another question:

Q. Why does the blue whale, the largest animal known to have existed on our planet, have a throat with a six-inch diameter?

A. Because that's the way it is.  And there's nothing we can do about it.

You can wait for the other guy to stop shooting at you.  Or you can stop shooting at him.  And study war no more.

Any other course is absurd.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#8 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

I was editing my post while you were responding. Perhaps you can address it here. I will repost it:

Perhaps. But, it should not continue, in any event, as a moral imperative. Besides, I think that most Americans--at least the ones that I know--including myself, DO feel that all human life is of equal value. A person is NOT his behaviors. I may despise the behavior of a terrorist without despising the human behind it. I know for certain that many, if not most, Christians believe the same thing. Indeed, here in San Diego there are prayer groups that pray that God has mercy on the terrorists' souls. In the Catholic Seminary that I attended for 5 years during the height of the Cold War, we said prayers for the conversion of Russia and prayed for the Russian people daily.

IMO, you assume--without any evidence--that terrorism is wholly motivated by the terrorist's feeling that his existence is not held to be of equal value as that of his victims. That expalnation is more complex than what is necessary to adequately account for the evidence.

Indeed, Occam's Razor suggests a much simpler, while yet remaining adequate to the available evidence, explanation:

Until the terrorist holds the life of the terrorist's would-be victim as sacred as his own life, the terrorism will continue.

If that were to happen all terrorism would end irrespective of how non-terrorists perceived terrorists.

I simply cannot tolerate the notion that, "Only when terrorists feel their lives are valued as much as that of their victims will they refrain from raping toddlers, gunning down defenseless civilians, legally raping and virtually enslaving their own wives, beheading journalists, and murdering homosexuals."

Absurd.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#9 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

I should have added the caveat that since many of the terrorists are on suicide missions, then they either hold their own life in the same contempt that they hold that of their victims -- or -- their RELIGIOUS BELIEFS teach them that they will be rewarded in the LIFE hereafter for their actions.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#10 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:50 PM

All I AM SAYING is "give peace a chance",

Keeping knowledge of the lunatics in mind and act accordingly.

Always aware that the nonviolent stuff will get you killed.

I doubt the "terrorists will ever come to value their victim's lives as much as their own"!

It shatter's their own self-definition to do so as well as redefining a world-view.

In short the earth would move under their very lives, families and mosques causing all to fall.

Fathers of that way kill their own daughters for shaming the family, murder for sake of appearance?

Even in other not Muslim nations? Like the USA?! Yup.

Rejection of all that by choice? After 1000s of years of hate's indoctrination?

Might be easier to accomplish if our government was not bought and paid for by the House of Saud.

The same "royal house" that financed foul schools of hate and now the fruit is falling to rot.

72 Virgins? A reward? Really?

I prefer partners of sex that willingly can teach me in life - - - not the reverse after death.

On the other side of this life I doubt "sex" exists except made in a fusion of spirits for a time and by choice

and that to me is not a sexual experience but a deeper one.

Peace and Hope don't have much of a chance as it stands presently.

Jim

#11 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

Drago's comments in red.

I was editing my post while you were responding. Perhaps you can address it here. I will repost it:

A person is NOT his behaviors. I may despise the behavior of a terrorist without despising the human behind it. I know for certain that many, if not most, Christians believe the same thing. Indeed, here in San Diego there are prayer groups that pray that God has mercy on the terrorists' souls. In the Catholic Seminary that I attended for 5 years during the height of the Cold War, we said prayers for the conversion of Russia and prayed for the Russian people daily.

Just as I know for certain that many, if not most, Muslims believe that all human life is of equal value.

Of course "conversion" in the sense you reference it and the Aztecs and Sioux, among other groups, experienced it is just a form of cultural annihilation/political recruitment that by design prolongs rather than eliminates conflict.

I make no such assumption.  Terrorism exists to serve many agendas, including but not limited to those of politics and religion.  And is not religion simply politics by other means?  Those who do the bidding of global terrorism's Sponsors -- the low level Facilitators and Mechanics of terrorism -- are motivated by many and varied aspects of the contemporary human condition, most notably hopelessness and helplessness in the face of oppression, but also by ancient drives that include greed, sheer hatred, and the ravages of mental illness.  For as long as humans have existed, these realities have been manipulated by the Sponsor class to incite behaviors among the great unwashed that ostensibly would upset the status quo but in fact are designed to preserve it.

You seem to be arguing that absent mutual, simultaneous action to end the horror, no independent action should be taken.

Change of the sort you and I would seek emerges not out of immediate consensus, but rather from isolated, inspirational acts of individual courage.

Should Gandhi have eschewed his fasts and the Salt March and instead waited passively for the British to conjure for themselves the same light that he cast?

Should King have remained silent until the racists and oligarchs independently sang the anthem of universal brotherhood?

Should Bobby not have spoken of the moral force of a single pebble thrown into an ocean of injustice to inspire countless others to throw pebbles and thus create a tidal wave to sweep away injustice, and then thrown his own pebble?

Should John have waited for Khrushchev to acnowledge publicly that we are all mortal?

Let us act first to hold sacred the terrorist life and, by extension, all life.  If not us, who?  If not now, when?

Please identify the straw man you are quoting.  

What I find unsettling is your focus on Islam.  All of the acts you so powerfully describe have been committed for centuries and are being committed today by Christians and Jews and agnostics and atheists, for starters, from all corners of the globe.  

Absurd.

Indeed.

With love and respect,

Charlie

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

Please identify the straw man you are quoting.

You said:

To which I replied:

[If you break down your claim into parts you can directly substitute my more descriptive phraseology and it is almost an exact fit.]

=======================================================================

I am not focused on Muslims. Indeed, the first victims most often and most brutally targeted by Daesh are Muslims who are "not extreme enough." As I said, Islam is not the problem. It is a religion. Islamism is something else.

In days of old, Catholicism was not the problem either. Like Islam, Catholicism is a religion. However, the Spanish Inquisitors, who happened to be Catholics, were the problem. That the tenets of Christianity did not deter the Crusaders or the Inquisitors is similar to the tenets of Islam not deterring jihadism.

I am not confusing Daesh with Islam. I do not understand why you persist in claiming otherwise.

BTW: King, RFK, JFK and Ghandi did not behead those with whom they disagreed. Nor did they rape toddlers to make their point or to "get their jollies off." They were devoted to peace and thus their actions were of a peaceful nature, although revolutionary. They did not succumb to employing the violence that they opposed. The same cannot be said of Daesh.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#13 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

This is going nowhere.

So let's shake hands and head for the bar.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#14 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

I don't drink.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#15 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:13 PM

So I'll drink for two.

Wouldn't be the first time.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#16 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:54 PM

And I'll shake to that.  :D

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com