• 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

RIP

• Jim Hackett II and Mark Jamieson like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:10 AM

I remember when no one could hit him. 1960 to "jailed".

RIP.

Jim

#3 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#4 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

Not an American hero, but an eternal UNIVERSAL hero! He demonstrated the courage of his convictions, knowing that he would pay a terrible price.

Forever he stands for the sanctity of all life, not just the of lives of select human beings born within artificial, political borders.

A country -- as opposed to "his" country -- ordered him to kill. He said "no".

He was a man without a country, for all people of all lands are his brothers and sisters.

He leaves no heirs.

I give thanks and I pray for the immortal soul of Muhammed Ali in a prayer of his faith:

"O Allah forgive our living and our dead, those who are with us and those who are absent, our young and our old, our menfolk and our womenfolk. O Allah, whomever you give life from among us give him life in Islam, and whomever you take way from us take him away in Faith. O Allah, do not forbid us their reward and do not send us astray after them."

Attached Files

• Attached File  ALI.jpg   78.58KB   0 downloads

• Greg Burnham likes this
"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#5 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:10 AM

“Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.”

• Greg Burnham and Jim Hackett II like this
"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#6 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:44 PM

Not only the best I ever saw,

We all are better for having had the man in our world for a time.

Dignity and hope kills the hate - even if the haters don't admit it

With head held up he walked into prison for all.

The FBI and all the government enforcement arms could only slander him,

never break him not even with a bogus prosecution.

Wrong "skin", wrong "church", wrong mindset....

today is not seen as "wrong" but a bit wiser than wrong.

A light in the darkness of hatred.

Ali overcame the spirit of the Dulles' brothers enslavement's world.

• Larry Trotter likes this

#7 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:57 PM

I remember when no one could hit him. 1960 to "jailed".

RIP.

Jim

I remember "watching on radio" the '64 title fight with Sonny Liston, and was a little surprised at the outcome as Sonny appeared invincible at the time. But, after actually seeing the fight on film, it was quite apparent that Muhammad Ali had defeated the then Heavyweight Champion even before Sonny could not answer the bell for round 7. The 2nd fight was probably going to have a similar result had Sonny not "fainted" in the 1st round.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#8 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

I sat front row ringside at the Providence Civic Center for an Ali 2-round exhibition match against Rhode Island heavyweight John "Dino" Dennis on March 12, 1979 -- part of what was being called "Ali's Farewell Night."

Dick Gregory was three seats away.  His attention was riveted on the nearly all-Caucasian crowd's wild enthusiasm for Ali -- mine included.

The fighters wore headgear.  Ali wore a sweatsuit.

Dennis was pathetic.  Ali rope-a-doped, threw limited flurries, and was impassive throughout.

I was so absorbed in my study of and feelings for Ali that I can't recall if he boxed two additional heavyweights on the same card -- Jimmy Ellis and Alonzo Johnson.  He might as well have been fighting my mother; I wouldn't have noticed (until later that night).

Such was my privilege.

• Greg Burnham and Jim Hackett II like this

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#9 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

Muhammed Ali Funeral Live Stream:

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#10 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

To watch Muhammad Ali display his boxing skills is like observing art. He was the quintessential definition of what it means to be the best.

As a boxer there has never been anyone in his league. Imagine what he would have accomplished by dazzling us for the three years of his prime that were taken from him (and us) during the Vietnam War. Even Larry Holmes would agree with that. What he did in the ring was mesmerizing to a degree that is almost never observed in sports. Rarely do we see someone of similar greatness. Very few come to mind. In fact, only two: Magic Johnson playing point guard for the Lakers and Roger Federer playing tennis. Sure there are other great athletes, but the Ali, Magic, Federer brand of talent is so extreme that I can't imagine them ever being overshadowed now or ever.

All three seem to "glide" gracefully, gazelle like, on their way to victory after victory.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#11 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:09 PM

The Muhammad Ali vs Cleveland "Big Cat" Williams fight is still hard to watch. Quite possibly, Ali would have defeated Williams a couple of years before the 11/14/'66 bout that Ali won by a knockout, but it would have been a little more dangerous for him. About 2 years prior to their meeting, "Big Cat" was shot point blank by a .357, and during recovery had lost about 60 pounds that had to be mostly muscle. Although his wounding caused permanent injuries, he recovered to box again, but of course he wasn't the same, and had lost some speed.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#12 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

I "met" Ali like almost everyone else that I know.... on ABC.

Before he was Ali I knew who and how good Cassius was by media.

Before I came agree with his politics I didn't know he even "had" any politics.

But I knew he was damn good by word of martial arts folks' mouths.

Not so much boxers as other more meditative forms.

All the way thru his taking his public stand after changing his name.

A rose sometimes is still a rose.

Thru his enslavement and release

I knew and saw by satellite feed and not live TV.

We were both living in interesting times and products of vastly different cultures

arriving at similar ideas in divergent ways I like the world thought "we knew him".

And we did.

How fast are fast hands? Check out Cassius Clay's fights and Ali's before censure fights.

I just wish he had retired after whupping George.

King and money leeches had to keep the $$$$ goin' round the carousel.

Larry Holmes refused to hurt him any more for LOVE.

It should never have had to come to that...

In the name of love...

I miss him no matter the name, no matter the faith,

I miss Cassius, I miss Ali.

Jim

Uh Monk how 'bout Mr. Lee Jun-fan (Bruce Lee to westerners)?

Lee makes four to me.

And maybe more than four....?

thanks for the clips.

#13 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

How could I have left out Bruce? You are spot on, my friend!

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com