2 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

I have uploaded this newly declassified (Oct 2015) file to the main server. It is more than a glimpse of the cold war's end and an indicator of how deep the politics of alarmism can run.

The Soviet War Scare

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

I only have one question, why so long to declassify the doc even redacted?

Hot stuff.

Reading now complete.

I guess now that I was right to think the involved governments were flirting with disaster in the 1980s.

I get a little freaked out when I hear bulloney about "survivable Nuclear war" coming out of policy think tanks and elected/selected officials.

A person I know inside USA spook house told me about '88 that "We really scared the shit out of the bolsheviks..." I guess so, huh?

Jeez, didn't everyone know by 1970 that there is no survival of global nuclear destruction? Except the 0.1% I bet.

Only mutual suicide to save "the world" from capitalism or communism depending on which puppet government was pontificating.

I tired of that crap before some I guess.

MX and "star wars" dreams of dominance....paranoid fear of the enemy as product of the "Cold War" no mistake nor accident.

The DOD and contractors loved the profits and thrived on the fear of people.

Certainly the opposing power centers were also using fear to their own purposes.

No wonder William Casey was so bellicose in that time. POTUS Ronnie was asleep I supposed then.

A tool, just a tool like Nixon and LBJ.

Peace and hope are dangerous things to some jerks.

To Protect and or Defend are the only valid excuses for violence global or local.

How can one take the profit/control motive out of wars great and small?

I canna think of anything else that could stop the madness - - - except love for one another.

All could survive and thrive in that case.

Or if that is too strong for your personal world view,

how about just caring about those around you,

not just members of your family and extended family?

Imagine that.

#3 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

I read General Sir John Winthrop Hackett, The Third World War: August 1985 in the 'eighties behind two-foot-thick adobe walls in a weaving village in New Mexico.

In college a fraternity brother's father co-wrote Fail-Safe.  It depicted a tragic false alarm triggering a limited but devastating exchange.

The attitude of Dr. Strangelove was rather mad, presenting ironies and paradoxes cullminating in fighting in the War Room

In high school we'd had Dr. Fred Schwartz' Christian Anti-Communist Crusade in the auditorium

while earlier (1953-1956) Richard Carlson as Herb Philbrick helped U.S. intelligence thwart The Invasion of the Body Snatchers

There can be no doubt John Lennon was killed to prevent his boosting the Nuclear Freeze campaign

GHWB Library releases the extant redacted paper which is a useful soporific where opium is unobtainable

Brezhnev was placed in lieu of detente-seeking Khrushchev

replaced by Andropov and Chernenko and Gorbachev

Charles has presented The Package (1989) with Gene Hackman and Tommy Lee Jones in a joint US/USSR milint plot

to assassinate the GHWB/Gorbachev characters and keep the business model going

Shaky dictatorships require foreign devils and war paranoia to rule

Today it is terrorists, with Islamic nations buying US candidates in the manner described by Bob Baer in See No Evil

The fallout shelter mentality of the 'sixties became the With Enough Shovels coping device of the 'eighties

Openheimer and colleagues apparently felt sharing technology would reduce likelihood of war

yet '62 saw us closest:  with LeMay & Co. demanding action, Marshall; talk's cheap

while the president sensed the dire state of readiness of the monster to devour us

Today's post-Soviet policy of Reset failed to prevent the Crimean incursion

while NATO becomes moot as Germany becomes an islamist anthill; balance of EU to 1) follow; 2) resist

Russian development of yet another series of MIRVs of incredible speed indicates existential fear

perhaps of China which is convinced the world is its to absorb this century

I wrote (1984) a 459-page manuscript Cadillac Loretta and the Day-Glo Halftrack 

in which a pole dancer in a pink Cadillac and a roustabout in a day-glo halftrack survive post-apocalyptic devastation

escaping to Samoa on a restored PT boat

Putin has established a consolidated security corps headed by his bodyguard to be authorized to fire into crowds

Xi decrees ever more censorship of electronic speech and indoctrination of officials and military in Communist orthodoxy

The American people are rowdy in eschewing the Bush-Clinton military adventurism

The so-called intelligence estimates underrate the terror army created by US' precipitous exit and headlong arming of "moderate" jihadists

even greenlighting the Ayatollah in his Ahabian pursuit of the great white bomb

Yet said mullah is allied with Putin in supporting the Assad we seek to topple by arming people who hate us

The stark logic is that the beast must war to live

On the eve of the 100th anniversary of the revolution

set rolling when German soldiers placed Lenin in a sealed train from Bern to Petrograd

as Allen Dulles eschewed Lenin's call to play tennis with buxom twins

We have truly learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

• Greg Burnham and Mark Jamieson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com