• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

Over at the Across-the-Pond-Scum Forum, a correspondent named Tom Fairlie is claiming as his own hypothesis that I originated ten-plus years ago and developed without assistance over the intervening years.

What he describes as "my theory" are not anything of the sort.

Even if I give Fairlie the benefit of the doubt and state -- if only for the purposes of this initial post -- that he somehow managed to develop these ideas independently, we still draw a troubling conclusion.

Justice for John Fitzgerald Kennedy continues to be denied due, in no small part, to poorly read if well-intentioned individuals who would rather talk than listen.

I invite Tom Fairlie -- who, by the way, has yet to follow another of my leads and dismiss with prejudice the madness of the likes of Cliff Varnel (see the link below, especially posts 30 and 39)) -- to join us here on a forum that does not welcome declarations of the obvious with airs of discovery and productively engage with the true author of "his" theory.

http://educationforu...e=3#entry329093

P.S. I beg Greg's indulgence when including the link.  My argument is that the phenomenon documented within it is sufficiently significant so as to justify this bending of forum rules.  

Whatever Greg decides is fine by me.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#2 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:58 PM

My argument is that the phenomenon documented within it is sufficiently significant so as to justify this bending of forum rules.

Agreed so long as we refrain from "tarring and feathering" the author who is not able to defend himself unless and until he joins this forum.

• Charles Drago, Jim Hackett II and Larry Trotter like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#3 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

I wouldn't have it any other way.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#4 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:11 PM

Me either.

Would otherwise not be similar to allowing ad hominem ?

Down the wide path to circle discussion and junk?

Just my view but so much in common and already established here to do otherwise.

Greg, your position seems the proper way.

Moderation in all things works for me, allowing an occasional private bending of the policy.

Jim

#5 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:03 AM

To be clear: I remain neutral on the issue of plagiarism in this instance.  It very well may be that the person in question formulated the hypothesis in question without having read or heard of my related work.

I reiterate my position so as to encourage dialogue.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#6 Mark Jamieson

Mark Jamieson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:57 PM

Charles, thanks for the heads-up.

May I start with the obvious, begging your forgiveness for doing so.  I do not follow that forum, so all I know of it is related to comments found here.  Mr. Fairlie is shown as a "New Member," whose lists his residence as Lakeville, MN, USA.  I did not go to his profile and search, but he is only showing 4 posts, to which you have drawn our attention to two specifically in this thread.

I say that to say this: he would appear not be one of the usual suspects on the (as you affectionately refer) Across-the-Pond-Scum forum.  However, he appears to be well read, and subscribes to a similar understanding regarding the events of JFK's death.  Just reading his two comments on the linked thread, on the surface it seems as if he would fit it nicely among the contributors to this forum.

To your main point regarding the work you laboriously produced up to this point.  "My theory" could be explained one of two ways from my point of view: 1) the theory which he developed through his independent research, or 2) for the sake of shorthand while writing in the thread, the theory to which he subscribes.  It is impossible for me to deduce from the two posts which is the correct answer.

I know that my view regarding the events of the president's murder are colored by many dozens of writers, beginning with Lane and Meagher, down to Douglass.  You, Charles, would be among those who have contributed as well to my current understanding of the forces behind JFK's death, and for that I am truly thankful.  When I speak with others regarding these events, I do often speak in the first person, though the weight of my arguments is based upon many who have gotten their hand dirty for many years so I can be enlightened.  When doing so, it is not meant to take credit for the work of others.

Without further evidence and knowledge of this gentleman, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.  My two cents.

• Charles Drago likes this

#7 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:28 PM

Thanks, Mark.

Pressed for time now.  I'll respond fully later.

• Mark Jamieson likes this

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#8 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:43 AM

At the Across-the-Pond-Scum Forum, Tom Fairlie has offered this in response to my statements above -- and, I might add, in conversation with Cliff Varnell:

First of all, thanks for sharing the link to Mr. Drago's accusations. I don't know why I should travel over to his forum to respond to baseless accusations, so I'll just ignore them. Honestly, I think it's laughable that my penny-ante postings count as plagiarism. However, to be fair, I cannot claim to be original. My library has over 500 books, most of them written by people who know more than me. I'm just a knowledge integrator, which reminds me of a Twain quote:

"When a great orator makes a great speech you are listening to ten centuries and ten thousand men — but we call it his speech, and really some exceedingly smail portion of it is his. But not enough to signify."

I will say, though, that my library has nothing from Mr. Drago. I have no idea who he is or what he believes. If the above citation from Cliff is accurate, however, I have to chuckle a bit to think that JFK was a drug hit.

Fairlie's own words speak to his level of knowledge of this case, to his capabilities as a reader and thinker, and to his willingness to resort to the presentation of logical fallacies (in this case, the Straw Man) in defense of the indefensible. 

As for his eagerness to exchange with the likes of Varnell, I'm reminded of the hoary aphorism:

"Water seeks its own level."

In my constitutionally protected opinion, it is more likely than not that Tom Fairlie is aping me.

So much for "benefit of the doubt."

But let's not lose sight of the vastly more important matter at hand -- that of the ignorance-fed, endless regurgitations of "debates" of long-settled issues and the manners in which they service the agendas of cover-up Facilitators and protect the killers of JFK and their after-the-fact accessories.

The Across the Pond Scum Forum provides safe haven for, and indeed encourages the retrograde motions of scores upon scores of cover-up enablers (the ignorati) and Facilitators (knowing, willful criminal accessories to murder and other high crimes).  

In my constitutionally-protected opinion, Varnell falls into the former category.  The jury on Fairlie remains out.

At this point, Greg's admonition must be heeded.  So I encourage all who are interested in these proceedings to abandon references to the aforementioned individuals and instead focus on how to weaponize the truth we have discovered regarding the JFK conspiracy and related matters -- and how such weaponization is thwarted by the likes of the Across the Pond Scum Forum and its habitues.  

Toward this end, I'll create a "Weaponizing the Truth" thread within 24 hours or so.

• Greg Burnham, Jim Hackett II, Larry Trotter and 1 other like this

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#9 Mark Jamieson

Mark Jamieson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:23 PM

I previously wrote, "Without further evidence and knowledge of this gentleman, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.  My two cents."

It appears that further evidence and knowledge has removed the benefit.  And on to weaponizing the truth...

Thanks again for your dogged diligence, Charles.

• Greg Burnham and Jim Hackett II like this

#10 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:38 AM

The unconsidered life is not worth living.

The prepared mind will find Donald Gibson, Battling Wall Street: The Kennedy Presidency; Gerard Colby and Charlotte Dennett, Thy Will Be Done: The Conquest of the Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil; James Douglass, JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters; the works of George Michael Evica and commentaries by Charles Drago to bracket the matter of context.

JFK presents as a dramatic figure in a phrase used by Charles a few years ago to describe the assassination production, a dramatic construct.

James DiEugenio discussed JFK's Embrace of Third World Nationalism, which we see as anathema to the power bridging/transcending nation, ideology, religion--very much an Evica-Drago concept.

Charles noted The Package (1989) with Gene Hackman and Tommy Lee Jones acting out an attempt on the Bush-Gorbachev detente.

We may have experienced that in the bilateral decapitation of the mating doves, JFK in a lead shower in November, Nikita Sergeyevich leaving quietly as befits an old man in Red October, thus preserving the business model.

Patton died to give it life, Forrestal, too.  Harry Truman played Korea for all it was worth, blinding MacArthur to jump start it, firing him to leave it unresolved.

Has 44 resolved Cuba?  Is China at Lourdes keeping NORAD in Cheyenne Mountain?  The three Orwellian superstates persist.

How can there be justice for JFK when news fairies shriek Cruz' father with JFK's assassin?

There remains the work to be done on the mass who, comatose with smart phone soma, accept that blame-shifting

who remain ignorant to what might have been done with the lives and billions burned up in the furnace of Vietnam

to keep the Jabba the Hutt class in the style to which it has become accustomed

Ignorant they remain of 9/11 as false flag casus belli leading into the post-Cold War business model the War on Terror

The con continues while all the bright lights discuss how many angels danced on the heads of pins

Two excellent escapes from circularity:  John Newman, Where Angels Fear to Tread

the most proficient monk pores over manuscripts in castle vaults deducing the cryptonyms

who come and go, plotting sham attempts on Castro

and David Mantik on JFK's head wounds, with jeweller's eye finding the Harper Fragment to be a Rosetta Stone

What's old is new, we have not released Sirhan, have not ceased the media harpies tagging him for impossible feats

even as impossible as those attributed to Oswald

Today Soros bets on Kasich who is only a California pantry away from a candidacy

How can an old hag gain the keys to the castle absent another altimeter malfunction

When the man comes who makes the speech to anger the gods the clouds will part

and we will see the glint of the beginning of justice

• Greg Burnham, Charles Drago, Jim Hackett II and 1 other like this

#11 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:04 AM

Weaponizing the truth,

When in conversation with the "half-aware" part of the people, those that imagine themselves to know that truth,

those that seek to close the topic of dark politics and JFK, MLK, RFK and all others with the so called observation:

"Sure the government killed the President, but what are you gonna do about it"?

My reply is simple I ask "If you know all this why don't you decide to act in your own life as IF YOU KNOW the realities involved?

Complicity by silence make you as guilty as the LIARS"!

A plain decision to be made, right? Even across the pond scum knows it.

Pond scum floating on water seeks its' own level too.

Jim

I forgot to send compliments to Greg for tolerance of bending a policy because this thread brought forth good lines of thought and expression.

Emphasizing the exact point as to why I voted with my feet leaving a couple of places in the ether.

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

Since it is Cinco de Mayo: El gusto es mio.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#13 Tom Scully

Tom Scully

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

Tom Fairlee's profile and posts were deleted in the same punishment phase that took out a number of us.....

Samples of his ver. 1 posts, 2008 - June, 2013 :

https://web.archive....serMode=content

#14 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:12 AM

Nowhere in this thread have I offered critiques of Fairlee's content.

My points remain: 1 ) I was covering the same ground -- albeit more thoroughly and deeply -- 20 years ago; 2 ) the JFK "research" community has the institutional memory of a mollusk; 3 ) the Doppelganger Gambit is played within said community.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#15 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:25 AM

Within the past week, I've read the following old news posed as new revelation:

To paraphrase: JFK assassination evidence in many instances was deliberately flawed and/or offered in contradictory official versions so as to confuse researchers and mire the research community in unending, unnecessary debate and acrimony.

I, for one, made this point at least 15 years ago.

A song presents itself ... "Circle-Jerking on the Grassy Knoll" ...

Circle-jerking and it feels so good

Circle-jerking with a spook and a hood

Make's for one perfect hit

And JFK's is it

We're all so excited circle-jerking, hey, hey

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com