• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Denise Hazelwood

Denise Hazelwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

I know this seems like an off-the-wall question, but does anyone know of any reference to a news blimp over Dealey Plaza during the assassination? I have 2 references, a "Molly Cruz" who saw CBS news footage of the assassination from a blimp on the day of the assassination (but not since), and a vague comment (apparently sarcastic) "WHAAAA...he didn't deal with this one witness who said she saw a gunman in a blimp" ("he" in context being Vincent Bugliosi or Jim DiEugenio--not sure which, no mention of who "she" might be). I also remember seeing a VERY brief clip in my first view of the Parkland movie of an overhead view of the limousine turning from Houston onto Elm Street. However, in the DVD there is a black & white overhead clip of the Main/Houston intersection that is not even of the motorcade. Could be that my memory is faulty, but I really do remember seeing an overhead view of that turn in the Parkland movie when I first saw it. Ultimately, my questions are: 1) Was there a news blimp in Dealey Plaza that might have filmed the assassination? and 2) If so, where is that footage today? Any reference or connection, no matter how off-the-wall it might seem, would be appreciated.

#2 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:43 AM

Ms. Hazelwood,

Are you the author of The JFK Cut-N-Past Assassination: Putting it Back Together?

If so, does the description of your book on its amazon.com page (reproduced below) represent a fair, full description of the work?  And did you write the description?

If so, do you stand by the following elements within the description:

• The author supports the Donahue/Menninger “Mortal Error” theory of the explosive head shot ...
  • [The author] offers a startling new theory of the first shot to explain the “Conspiracy” evidence, the cover-up, and the Warren Commission’s predilection for laying the blame solely at Oswald’s feet ... 
  • The JFK Cut-N-Paste Assassination offers an explanation for that “benign cover-up,” one which accounts for all the "conspiracy" evidence without reaching a conspiracy-to-murder conclusion. 
  • [The author concludes that] the cover-up was of Secret Service and Dallas police SNAFUs rather than a government-sponsored conspiracy to murder ...

One final question regarding the blimp: Is it full of hot air?

"in October, 2015, declassified CIA documents revealed that John McCone (head of the CIA from November, 1961 to April, 1965) participated in a “benign cover-up” intended to keep the Warren Commission focused on “what the Agency believed at the time was the ‘best truth’—that Lee Harvey Oswald, for as yet undetermined motives, had acted alone in killing John Kennedy.” The JFK Cut-N-Paste Assassination offers an explanation for that “benign cover-up,” one which accounts for all the "conspiracy" evidence without reaching a conspiracy-to-murder conclusion. The cover-up was of Secret Service and Dallas police SNAFUs rather than a government-sponsored conspiracy to murder. Starting with the discovery of a single out-of-place word supporting that cover-up, the author embarked on a journey into the assassination that would lead her through new discoveries of film alteration, photographic compositing, and overlooked evidence. Synthesizing her own observations with work done by other researchers, the author realized that what really happened in Dealey Plaza was unlike anything that researchers had yet theorized. The author supports the Donahue/Menninger “Mortal Error” theory of the explosive head shot, and offers a startling new theory of the first shot to explain the “Conspiracy” evidence, the cover-up, and the Warren Commission’s predilection for laying the blame solely at Oswald’s feet. This revised edition offers new insights into the acoustical evidence as well as other new observations and “finds” supporting the author’s “early shot cover-up” thesis. WARNING: Contains autopsy photos and other images."

from http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0692367594

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#3 Denise Hazelwood

Denise Hazelwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:37 AM

Although your questions are not directly related to the topic of my post, I am happy to respond.

Are you the author of The JFK Cut-N-Past Assassination: Putting it Back Together?

Yes, I am the author of The JFK Cut-N-Paste Assassination. I invite you to read it. If you have any questions afterwards, I'll do my best to answer them. My website with contact info is http://jfk-donahue.weebly.com/ The website also has a lot of my observations and reasons for supporting Donahue's theory.

"If so, do you stand by the following elements within the description:"

• The author supports the Donahue/Menninger “Mortal Error” theory of the explosive head shot ...

Yup. In fact, I've found evidence to support it--such as finding that SSA Hickey did not write his Warren Commission memo, observations and explainations for the Z-208/212 splice (note who is not visible in the Z-212 sprocket area), and other stuff.

I do not, however, agree with Donahue's support of the SBT. I also think there was a lot of tampering with the film and photographic evidence (i.e., The Great Zapruder Film Hoax & other sources). I offer my own observations and evidence in support of this. I also think many of Donahue's conclusions were based on evidence that was altered--i.e., the Zapruder film.

Additionally, aside from the cross-talk vs. overdub issue in the acoustical evidence (I favor overdub--50 MHz hum indicating the extant dictabelt is a recording), I have explained the splice in the acoustical evidence. In (the revised version of) my book I've also explained why "there is no apparent motorcycle in the predicted (microphone) locations." As far as I know, I'm the only one who's done that. I like the "Grassy Knoll" shot in the acoustical evidence as being from the AR-15. In fact, I like all six acoustical impulses, even accounting for the "non-acoustical match" of Donald Thomas' "rejected first impulse."

• [The author] offers a startling new theory of the first shot to explain the “Conspiracy” evidence, the cover-up, and the Warren Commission’s predilection for laying the blame solely at Oswald’s feet ... 

Also true. I think there was a head shot right when the limousine was in the turn. I think it was covered up due to the non-reaction of most of the President's SS Detail (remember, the motorcycles were right next the follow-up car, helping to mask the sound of the shot), while the Vice President's detail (farther back in the motorcade, with a better view of the window and the rifle, which one witness stated was visible when the lead car turned the corner from Houston onto Elm, and which Mrs. Cabell--behind Johnson's SS follow-up car saw when her car was turning the corner--logically the corner from Main onto Houston) actually reacted before this shot occurred, when I believe Oswald was taking aim, and can be seen to do so in the Muchmore film.

• The JFK Cut-N-Paste Assassination offers an explanation for that “benign cover-up,” one which accounts for all the "conspiracy" evidence without reaching a conspiracy-to-murder conclusion. 

Yup. 

• [The author concludes that] the cover-up was of Secret Service and Dallas police SNAFUs rather than a government-sponsored conspiracy to murder ...

Again yup.

One final question regarding the blimp: Is it full of hot air?

That's what I'm trying to find out. I've got one serious reference to it, one sarcastic reference to it, and I remember seeing an overhead view of the President's limousine making turn from Houston onto Elm when I first saw the Parkland movie (but which was not on the DVD--see my original post.) I'd like to know if there are any other references to it--or even if anyone else remembers seeing the limo turn from watching the Parkland movie in the theatre. Hence my original post.

#4 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:32 PM

Uh......I can't agree with any bending of reality to prop up again the SBT and or the LHO dunnit fables.

But I can't hang my hat on Dealy Plaza so called evidence either, it is so contrived.

I posit that the some people inside USSS and DPD were "in-the-know" before the fact. Messers Gerald Hill and Patrick Dean as probable accessories before the factS.

USSS misnamed incompetence cannot account for facts we know NOW, to wit:

Alteration of the motorcade route and sequence of vehicles as well as the destruction of the records of all 1963 motorcades in which the President participated.

A conscious disregard of LAW that was by no means a 'snafu' but A DAMNABLE CRIME.

A specific high crime and misdemeanor even by constitution UNPUNISHED by the Department of Treasury and the Department of In-Justice!

See Mr. Doug Horne's IARRB written works for details or check YouTube for his elucidation in video.

Or even this link: http://assassination...dical-evidence/

These are not indicators of screwing the pooch by the Federal, State and Local Governments.

These facts are evidence of complicity for all that play the dirty games.

Anyone aware of the facts attending the murder of John Kennedy that does not conclude a conspiracy exists in the matter is either complicit in the cover up or ...?

I defend free speech but hey, I gotta draw the line somewhere.

#5 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:25 AM

Ms. Hazelwood writes, "I think there was a head shot right when the limousine was in the turn. I think it was covered up due to the non-reaction of most of the President's SS Detail [.]"

Okay ... You think JFK was hit in the head in mid-turn between Houston and Elm.  So you're implying, Ms. Hazelwood, that this was a classic "delayed reactions" scenario ... not just the physical reactions of the target, but also the involuntary reactions and sensory perceptions of every innocent witness who failed to flinch and to describe the immediate aftermath of such a shot?

Please be clear on this.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#6 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:34 AM

Further, Ms. Hazelwood writes that she believes "Oswald was taking aim" at JFK during the attack sequence.

If and when you have the time, Ms. Hazelwood, please share with us the evidence which compels you to conclude that Oswald fired a weapon at JFK on November 22, 1963.  

If you would, also please locate Oswald's firing position, identify the weapon and ammunition he used, the manner in which they came into his possession, the number of rounds he got off, the numbers of hits and misses he scored, and the means and timing of his escape from the scene.

Thank you for your attention.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#7 Denise Hazelwood

Denise Hazelwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:54 AM

This is all off-topic. All I want to know is if there is any corroboration for a news blimp being present in Dealey Plaza, or for overhead news footage that may have been shown on the day of the assassination or during the theater version of the Parkland movie. 

As for the rest, I would suggest reading the book before pooh-poohing my theory. I discount most of the film and photographic evidence (too much evidence of alteration), although I do like the Muchmore film (which was aired before the govt got their mitts on it). In the Altgens photo, JFK is clearly already shot, and the limo does not appear to have yet passed the TSBD. Jackie would have needed time to react, to turn towards JFK and put her arms around him before the picture was taken. And there are a number of witnesses who said that the limo was "in the turn" or thereabouts when JFK was shot. If you don't like my theory, come up with your own.  My website might be a better place for me to defend my theory. I'll respond to your comments there. (See "Reader's Comments.")

In the meantime, back to my original question... Is there is any corroboration for a news blimp being present in Dealey Plaza, or for overhead news footage that may have been shown on the day of the assassination or during the theater version of the Parkland movie? 

#8 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:25 PM

In the meantime, back to my original question... Is there is any corroboration for a news blimp being present in Dealey Plaza, or for overhead news footage that may have been shown on the day of the assassination or during the theater version of the Parkland movie? 

No there is not.

• Larry Trotter likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#9 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:28 PM

As I thought.

No blimp, but plenty of hot air.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#10 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

As a teenager, attending High School, I do recall 11/22/'63. And, within a few minutes of the shooting in Dealy Plaza at about 12:30pm CST on that date, I recall radio broadcast news of the event being broadcast to the classroom(s) over the intercom. From that time forward, I began to seek, to varying degree, an understanding of the murder of JFK. After the murder of RFK in June of '68, I became somewhat more concerned, and by the 1980s I was reading multiple assassination related books and material. In all that time, a few days ago, while reading this thread I first became aware of any thought that a scene from a movie showing an overhead view of the JFK motorcade traveling through Dealy Plaza, could indicate evidence of a news crew filming the event from a blimp.

Maybe I missed something, but as I understand it, after some 52+ years of investigations, research, and research studies, a movie scene is the basis for the question regarding the possibility of a news crew filming an overhead view from a blimp? So, if I misunderstood something, a correction would be much appreciated. 

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#11 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

Hi Larry,

I was responding to the question of "corroboration" that she posed.

I don't know of any "corroboration" for a story, that she hasn't told us, about a film--shot above from a blimp--that we've never heard of before.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#12 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

Thanks Greg. I do recall seeing an interview of a lady saying she knew what happened to JFK because she happened to be home at the time of the  assassination and "saw it all on TV". But, that was sometime back, and that story never expanded as far as I know.

• Greg Burnham likes this

Larry

#13 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

I've never heard of a blimp filming it myself. I do know a few people in the Dallas area who say they saw it live on TV, too. No other details, though.

• Jim Hackett II likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#14 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:35 PM

Interestingly enough some few years ago I talked to a native of the Sabine River border of Louisiana and Texas that also "saw it live in Dallas on TV". And more than one insisted it was true.

Never could decide what to conclude though. Hard to think some people would make it up, but not hard to imagine the shock of the events altered perceptions, recollections of no malfeasance.

Jim

#15 Denise Hazelwood

Denise Hazelwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:55 PM

In response to one comment above, I do recognize that any overhead view of the assassination in a movie could have been from a recreation. However, the Parkland movie appeared to use archived footage (no other recreation footage), and the clip I recall in the movie (though not in the DVD) was very brief, about one second. It could be that my memory is faulty, but that's what I remember (and it was after I had already come across the blimp reference in my research, so I did a double-take when I saw it).  I also recognize that while the blimp reference may appear on the surface to be full of "hot air," the rest of that same posting is extremely interesting. I realize it's a weak (one witness) reference to a blimp. If I can find support for her blimp reference, it helps to strengthen her other information.

I wonder if Mr. Hackett's witnesses can describe how they saw it "live in Dallas on TV"--i.e., describe the camera position in relation to the limo. If they come up with "overhead view" or somesuch without being prompted for it, that would be interesting. Also, if Mr. Trotter can remember who the lady TV witness is or where to access that interview, I surely would like to know.

#16 Denise Hazelwood

Denise Hazelwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:03 PM

Meant to include Mr. Burnham in my post above. If his TV witnesses can describe how they saw it, and come up with the "overhead view" when asked about the camera position in relation to the limo, I'd surely like to know. I'd also like to know what other details they might remember from when they saw it--realizing that this was 50+ years ago.

#17 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

For the record, what I saw was a random video, and an unnamed lady made the comment. I did not believe at the time, or now, that the JFK assassination was seen "live on TV". I felt then that it was a misstatement, for whatever reason, possibly confusion about a recreation or a movie scene being the actual event.

Larry

#18 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:14 AM

Another game of "Clueless" -- 

Snoopy, in a blimp, with a lemonade pitcher.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#19 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

My witnesses did not see any "overhead" footage. If what they told me had struck me as significant, then I would have written a detailed article about it already. It was all very vague and not well remembered...for whatever reason(s).

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#20 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:49 AM

Mortal Error or disinformation?

The weapon did not clear its velcro straps until after the headshot.

QED did not inflict same.

The man who was not in the window and did not fire a rifle could not and did not inflict the fatal frontal wound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com