#41 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

In post #40, Mr Burnham's last paragraph is very important. Unfortunately, and without discounting the rest of the post, there is a multitude of issues that the said statement could apply to.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#42 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

But, it makes little difference either way. We already have an abundance of evidence, including eyewitnesses, tire tracks, cigarette butts, and the reports of Dallas Police personnel, indicating that there were persons behind the fence. So even if "Zapruder" caught an individual on film who was back there and you have isolated that image...so what? It does not necessarily mean the "image" is that of a shooter. Would the position be suspect? Maybe. But, even if so, I see no gun. There is little probative value in the image even IF we assume it shows a possible head turning.

Even IF your work PROVED that it is a head turning, that would be all we know about it. Very little.

As far as it being "compelling evidence" of a conspiracy goes, we already have more than enough evidence of it without this rather ambivalent film interpretation. Placing too much value on something as indefinite as this actually plays to the best interests of the cover-up.

Nice try, Greg.  Been there, done that with this guy and so many others.

Remember the moment in Fail-Safe when the American general advises his Soviet counterpart that only one of the two remaining U.S. bombers heading toward Moscow is carrying a nuclear weapon, and that the few remaining Russian weapons should not be targeted on the unarmed jet?

The Russian says "thanks, but no thanks," goes for both, gets the wrong one, Moscow is incinerated, NYC is incinerated in turn ... 

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#43 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:55 PM

I'm attempting to allow Khrushchev the opportunity to save face.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#44 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:51 PM

As JFK tried to leave an out or offer a draw, Greg did likewise. I commend the action.

Fail-Safe film with Fonda and Hagman freaked me out though I had read the book but I hadn't seen Dr. Strangelove.

But I had read 7 Days in May before seeing the that film too.

#45 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:11 AM

I'm attempting to allow Khrushchev the opportunity to save face.

I'm not sure that it is a face.

Just as likely it's shadows and leaves.

(Verbs.)

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#46 Ron Crane

Ron Crane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWestern NY State

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:02 AM

Very interesting. I was really hoping to see something. What I can say is I am glad to see there are people who still care what really happened to JFK.

One of my 11 granddaughters , age 7, is interested in U.S. Presidents for some reason...even chooses to go to Washington over Disneyland this year....and we've discussed JFK's killing. I told her that JFK was killed with a shot from the front, not from the 6th floor of the TBD and if she's ever told that in school to not believe it. I explained my reasoning to her that all those who saw his head wound said the BACK of his head was blown out which can only mean an exit wound.

BTW....the girl in my photo is this granddaughter

Someday while I'm still here I hope we learn the truth.

• Greg Burnham and Jim Hackett II like this

#47 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:44 AM

BTW....the girl in my photo is this granddaughter

Someday while I'm still here I hope we learn the truth.

Me too.

Jayda-and-me-e1461087773795.jpg

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#48 David Healy

David Healy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

Charles,

I tend to agree with most of this. 

Also, the value of the extant zfilm is its connection with the data provided via CE884(both versions).  imo

Once that realization occurs,  the discovery of how the WC tied this back to the measurements within the snipers nest ensues. 

It all has to sync to accomplish the goal.

For example:

The extant zfilm when cross-matched with the West surveyarrow-10x10.png plat has the limo traveling at a speed 2.24 mph less than what it should be traveling at z156. Doesn't appear to be significant, but in the context of a 48fps film, it's a huge difference.

When CE884 (z161-166) is broken down, using 18.3fps, the speed of the limo during that span is 2.24mph.

There is no coincidence from the previous two sentences.

It appears most are not interested in this.   

chris

Z156Plotted.gif

not sure why I have an issue with this but we have a 4:3 format (accurate 8mm) Z-frame image lined up against a 16:9 format Z-frame image. I also have a few thoughts about the edge numbering strip and sprocket hole imagery...

#49 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

not sure why I have an issue with this but we have a 4:3 format (accurate 8mm) Z-frame image lined up against a 16:9 format Z-frame image. I also have a few thoughts about the edge numbering strip and sprocket hole imagery...

All ears here, David! What's on your mind, my friend?

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#50 David Healy

David Healy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:44 PM

All ears here, David! What's on your mind, my friend?

Hi Monk...

Not sure what yard-stick Chris is using here but the frame on the right is about 25% wider than the left 4:3 image. Plus showing the entire sprocket hole area. That image should be reduced to the correct 8mm 4:3 format (including the sprocket hole area). Comparison measurements of BOTH frames at that time.

Sorry if this sounds convoluted...

Dr. John and I spoke on more than one occasion regarding adding new edge markings and I'm sure a code algorithm could put together re upper left sprocket hole area prior frame insert, In other words, the entire frame of all Z-frames can be recreated, from edge to edge!

R. Zavada admitted to me years ago KODAK 8mm from the manufacturer could be ordered withOUT edge numbering and codes. That opened up another avenue. Zavada had his reasons for bailing out of the 2003 UofMinn Zapruder film symposium regarding J. Costella, but he knew I was on the sidelines at the same time.... 

• Jim Hackett II likes this

#51 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:06 AM

Mr. Healy,

Please continue. I'm all ears too, man.

You sir, not only have my attention but I am also thoroughly intrigued.

Thanks.

Jim

#52 David Healy

David Healy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

Mr. Healy,

Please continue. I'm all ears too, man.

You sir, not only have my attention but I am also thoroughly intrigued.

Thanks.

Jim

Hi Jim,

perhaps I'll get a chance to comment further later today or tomorrow. I want to re-read the thread in its entirety. The frame sizing issue jumped out at me, s'all. Chris's work over the years is fabulous, I don't want to tread on something where I make a damn fool of myself...

David

#53 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:17 PM

I try to keep an open mind on somethings because I too have made a damn fool of myself then had to reverse myself caused by new data or learning something I was not aware of.

In that many know far more than I about photography I am honor bound to keep my view open to differing opinions/views and such.

Jim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zapruder film, Stockade fence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com