52 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

Back in early 2009 I began to take a hard look at the frames near the end of the Zapruder film, and in particular, those where he panned as far right as he did and captured as much of the stockade fence area. Many of these frames unfortunately are quite dark near the stockade fence and some are just too blurred to be used. Back then I worked with the clearest, sharpest frames and I adjusted them in brightness, contrast, and saturation too I believe. Just how I enhanced them slightly using photo editing software I do not recall exactly. But nothing too drastic! I then proceeded to adjust them in very slight amounts of "rotation" so that as I stabilized them in the animated GIF software I use to create my animated GIFS, they would be as stable as possible. The corner of the fence is what I concentrated on...to make sure it remained as vertically straight as possible. Without these slight corrections in rotation to the frames the fence corner dances around and looks very "unstable". Also, my GIF creator software does not allow me to set precise "frame rates". I cannot replicate the 18.3 fps of the Zapruder film. But I can achieve something close....16.67 fps or 20 fps is the closest I can get. Now mind you there are NOT many frames to work with here, but what I found is really quite amazing and I hope you will agree. I will post one frame as your guide (within the circular area of brightness I have added in a RED ARROW. You need to look just to the right of this area while viewing the animated GIFS) as this is just where you need to look and concentrate to watch the movement. Then I will post just one of many, many animations I have made from these frames.

Attached Files

#2 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

Here's another rotation stabilized GIF I have made. I have so many...each slightly different...running at different speeds, etc.Attached File  Zapruder474_476-478.gif   496.45KB   0 downloads

#3 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:38 PM

What you should be seeing (hopefully) is a person moving quickly away from the back of the stockade fence and in the direction of the parking lot area. This all occurs just as the presidential limo is disappearing beneath the triple underpass. I also some 10 years earlier found in the Nix film what looks to be human movement...in the same exact area behind the stockade fence as what is seen here in Zapruder. This all correlates to the "Hat Man" position seen the the Moorman polaroid still photograph. In the Nix film, this movement first appears when Nix has panned far enough to his left and this area of the fence becomes visible...approx. 3 seconds or so after the fatal head shot. I also have plenty of stabilized GIFS I have made through the years which I feel shows this person's movement in the Nix film.

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

I see movement, but not a person. This movement seems to be in synch (to my eye) with the movement of surrounding foliage and/or the movement of the leaves on the tree above it. The movement of the leaves could be caused by a gust of wind. It could be something else, but I cannot discern it from the available information, nor can I tell if the two are caused by the same or by separate things.

Your description of what is taking place seems overly ambitious considering that the film clip represents only 4 Z-film frames. Since the camera runs at approximately 18.3 frames per second, then 4 frames represents less than a quarter of one second!

One cannot definitively determine the direction of anything in .25 of a second, IMO.

• Larry Trotter likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:22 PM

Some see this as human movement Greg and some do not. I respect your opinion. On Duncan MacRae's JFK Assassination Forum where I first presented it, the topic I started there has received close to 73,000 views in six years time and hundreds of replies. But as I said with mixed opinions. All I can say is that viewing these in a darkened room certainly helps. You cannot let the gently swaying tree foliage in the area distract you. Of course there are leaves moving and swaying in these frames...most generally in an up/down motion or direction. There are not many moving horizontally. This person is moving just as a person walking would appear....away from the back of the fence. 

The previous GIFS did not contain many frames....3 in one and 4 in the other. Here are 10 consecutive frames in a row...Z469 through Z478. They have all been rotation corrected and stabilized. They are running at 16.667 fps and on the final frame I have inserted a one second pause before it loops over and over again.

c0fecb05634aebecc21d679038e9f0d7.gif

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

It could be a Mandelbrot set for all I can tell. Can you slow everything down to a crawl?

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#7 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:49 PM

It could be a Mandelbrot set for all I can tell. Can you slow everything down to a crawl?

Here you are Greg. Running at 7.14 fps.

95c5ef81f6780f0ad97676302caa8fb1.gif

#8 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

Look above and to the left of the object and note how similarly shaped and colored flowerings on the tree move in the wind.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#9 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:30 AM

Just seconds earlier and in the same location behind the stockade fence. I made this from the Nix film. Look for the yellow highlighted circular area and the yellow arrow to see the movement.

647eb90ffe8340e3e71cc69776e33052.gif

#10 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:50 AM

Using the above as your reference for where to look, watch the final frames from the Nix film which show this movement...much slower.

4015e5fd2ae83a1793816883ea63ea7b.gif

#11 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

Rick,

I appreciate your effort and your expertise at creating these animated gifs for us. So far--for me--I can't find anything that is definitive enough to yield a "Eureka" moment.

• Charles Drago likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#12 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

894a3a665d0689818cd41c33b2e7533a.gif

7004571f78eca40223a83ca34cfa3537.GIF

Extreme zoom to the area. Note numerous glimpses of a straight, elongated "object" running in an approx. 10-11 o'clock position:

7ce8cc9d0920a3e1f11485c28c60c0b1.gif

#13 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

Extreme blow up of the area from Nix frames 093 and 094. I believe we are seeing just the very top of a man's head or hat on the top of a man's head...just breaking above the fence top and disappearing in the next. In this extreme view it's not sharp and it shouldn't be expected. It's fuzzy at this extreme magnification.

b7f13908fe8e37b795dd8cb02694e9f0.gif

#14 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

I see nothing discernible in any of these.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#15 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:18 PM

Back to the doorway.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#16 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:51 PM

I see nothing discernible in any of these.

Back to the doorway.

Thanks much gentleman.

Would someone do me the favor of deleting my account here since I cannot find that option anywhere? Thank you in advance.

#17 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:48 AM

So in the true spirit of the scientific method, Mr. Needham was presenting a my-way-or-the-highway ultimatum ... 

Drive carefully.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#18 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

So in the true spirit of the scientific method, Mr. Needham was presenting a my-way-or-the-highway ultimatum ... 

Drive carefully.

Back to the doorway.

No, it was the remark you made yesterday..."Back to the doorway". What did you mean by that? I took it as go back through the door in which I came.

Just yesterday in another thread here on the forum you said the following: "Photo interpretation is hardly my strong suit". On the other hand, it's been mine for many years now. You have no idea just how much time goes into the preparation and the making of just one stabilized GIF I've presented here. One that runs for about a second can take hours of tedious preparation. Back in 2012 I spent the better part of two weeks (off and on) working on rotation stabilizing a large part of the Robert Hughes aftermath footage frames...and while doing so I spotted within them Orville Nix while he was taking his own aftermath film footage. Up until that time Mr. Nix had not  been found within the photographic record. It wasn't my intention, but it turned out to be a very happy discovery and one that Gayle Nix Jackson and family was ecstatic about. So, new discoveries can be made...even today. Mr. Nix went undiscovered for over 49 years.

I'm a firm believer in that at least one, if not two (or maybe more) individuals were located behind the stockade fence that day. We have all read Lee Bowers statements...Ed Hoffman's statements, Sam Holland's statements, and others. We only have so much film and photographic evidence which includes the stockade fence area and I am doing my best to search within it exhaustively.

#19 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:13 AM

Rick,

I will delete your account if that is your wish.

However, "Back to the doorway" was not an invitation to excuse yourself. It was a reference to the --"Oswald was in the Doorway of the TSBD"--assertion, as irrationally insisted upon by those in that camp. They claim to be able to clearly see minute details of a tiny portion of the Aligns 6 photo that definitively identifies the man formerly thought to be Billy Lovelady as actually being Lee Oswald. That claim is absurd. The size, graininess, and overall inferior quality of the images used for their analysis do not persuade. Could it be him? Yes. Can we tell from the photographic record if that is the case? Not even close.

So too, the size, graininess, and overall lack of sufficient quality make it a stretch to "see" what you are claiming is a human in the images and gifs you posted here.

Now, back to work.

• Charles Drago likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#20 Rick Needham

Rick Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:22 PM

Rick,

I will delete your account if that is your wish.

However, "Back to the doorway" was not an invitation to excuse yourself. It was a reference to the --"Oswald was in the Doorway of the TSBD"--assertion, as irrationally insisted upon by those in that camp. They claim to be able to clearly see minute details of a tiny portion of the Aligns 6 photo that definitively identifies the man formerly thought to be Billy Lovelady as actually being Lee Oswald. That claim is absurd. The size, graininess, and overall inferior quality of the images used for their analysis do not persuade. Could it be him? Yes. Can we tell from the photographic record if that is the case? Not even close.

So too, the size, graininess, and overall lack of sufficient quality make it a stretch to "see" what you are claiming is a human in the images and gifs you posted here.

Now, back to work.

Yes Greg, I am well aware of Prayer Man or Prayer Person.

I've never been a quitter so disregard the deletion of my account for now. There are close to 1,850 registered members here and aside from your opinion and Mr. Drago's (and I respect both of them)...I am interested to see what others here might think and have to say. IF you're a believer that someone was behind the fence that day or the possibility of a shot or shots being fired from there, then there may very well be proof of that within the photographic record. Is is good enough to identify said people? Certainly not! If grainy images are all we have to go by then we make the best of what we've been dealt. I don't put a lot of stock of seeing someone in a still photograph because it's a fraction of a second frozen in time. But when you can put numerous consecutive photographs (frames) into motion...stabilize them (and that's important because otherwise it will remain undetected to the human eye) and can see something that may possibly be human movement, I feel it warrants some consideration...no matter how grainy the image. Let's face it, even given the closeness of Zapruder on the pedestal, in many frames of the film we cannot even see simple facial features on Kennedy.

Rick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zapruder film, Stockade fence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com