#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

CIA Dispatch: Concerning Critics of the Warren Commission Report

In CIA Document 1035-960 the Agency describes several methods to discredit critics of the Warren Commission Report. Their arrogance is palpable as is their disdain for critical thinking. The perfidy is clearly evidenced by the blatant disregard for the truth as demonstrated by the fallacious nature of the rebuttal arguments suggested for use by the Station Chiefs in receipt of this memo. That the arguments offered are clearly fallacious and that their deficit in reasoning was not disregarded, but rather was embraced by the authors of the document, reveals the deliberate nature of the attempt to deceive the American People.

CT.jpg

• Frankie Vegas, Mark Dancer, WillieFark and 3 others like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Unbelievable. Not sure what to say to that.

• WillieFark, Raymondol, ThomasMurf and 1 other like this

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#3 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Unbelievable. Not sure what to say to that.

I say: Always carry a copy of the document with you. That way when the subject comes up and someone begins their "dis-info ritual" you can easily

accuse them of being a spook! --

• Christina Gill, Raymondol, ThomasMurf and 1 other like this

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#4 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

I say: Always carry a copy of the document with you. That way when the subject comes up and someone begins their "dis-info ritual" you can easily

accuse them of being a spook! --

lol I hate spooks. Are there any documents showing that Oswald was an agent? Might be a good idea to carry both so I could prove they are liars right off the bat.

• Raymondol and ThomasMurf like this

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#5 Harold Martin

Harold Martin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

The fact the CIA believed it was necessary to discredit anyone who disagreed with the fairy tale of the Warren Commission begs the question of "What specifically is the CIA covering up"? 

Amazing too when the agency has/had a 201 file on Oswald and yet the file is devoid of information about Oswald.  Logically, I don't think we will ever learn what motivates the CIA in this case.  Too many witnesses gone, too much information lost/stolen/destroyed and yet there is the hope that some document, one witness, or a piece of information can provide clarity.

• Alan Ford, Raymondol and ThomasMurf like this

#6 Bob Wilkerson

Bob Wilkerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Greg

Was the document you referred to (CIA 1035-960) the work of Alan Dulles behind the scene, do you think?

• Alan Ford likes this

Bob

Hony soit qui mal e pense.

#7 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Greg

Was the document you referred to (CIA 1035-960) the work of Alan Dulles behind the scene, do you think?

I highly doubt it. The propaganda apparatus was well established by that time within the Agency. I don't believe that they needed his personal touch on this one.

But I suppose anything is possible.

• Bob Wilkerson likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#8 Joseph Backes

Joseph Backes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

I would urge all of you who know about this CIA document, and I'll get the link for it on the Mary Ferrell site

The Reader Identification Form ( RIF ) number is 104-10404-10376,  that is one copy of it, there are others

in the JFK records collection, I would urge you all to read Jim DiEugenio's book, "Reclaiming Parkland." 

Why? Because Jim had a meeting with some Hollywood big shots and he was trying to get them to not

support making Vincent Bugliosi's book turned into a movie.  He brought this document with him and excused

himself and went to the bathroom, when he came back he discovered that he had unintentionally "outed" the

author of the document who happened to be one of the guys Jim was having a meeting with.  

#9 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

I would urge all of you who know about this CIA document, and I'll get the link for it on the Mary Ferrell site

The Reader Identification Form ( RIF ) number is 104-10404-10376,  that is one copy of it, there are others

in the JFK records collection, I would urge you all to read Jim DiEugenio's book, "Reclaiming Parkland." 

Why? Because Jim had a meeting with some Hollywood big shots and he was trying to get them to not

support making Vincent Bugliosi's book turned into a movie.  He brought this document with him and excused

himself and went to the bathroom, when he came back he discovered that he had unintentionally "outed" the

author of the document who happened to be one of the guys Jim was having a meeting with.  

Am I to understand that upon Jim's return from the restroom the author of the CIA document, who

just so happened to be there for the meeting, admitted that it was he who authored it? It doesn't

sound like Jim "outed" anyone. It is hard to imagine that:

1) the actual author of that document attended this meeting

2) that he would voluntarily admit, even indirectly, that he was in the employ of the CIA at the time of

authorship, and presumably is still functioning in some capacity for them (else he wouldn't be at the

meeting) 

3) he would be naive enough to believe that Jim would not report his presence at the meeting

Surely he must jest. Where did all the trade craft go?

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#10 Joseph Backes

Joseph Backes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

I'll get back to you with more info on this.  I used to have more energy.  

1.) Yes.

2.) I think the others realized who wrote it before Jim got back.  I don't think Jim knew the author of the CIA doc 

was one of the guys at the meeting.  

#11 Harold Martin

Harold Martin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Speaking of disinformation, has anyone read an article by Carl Bernstein of Watergate fame.  He outlines the actual publishers and literary agents who are "owned" by the CIA.  If I can find the article, then I will post a link.

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

THE CIA AND THE MEDIA

How Americas Most Powerful News Media Worked Hand in Glove with the Central Intelligence Agency

and Why the Church Committee Covered It Up

by Carl Bernstein

• Gayle Nix-Jackson and Alan Ford like this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#13 Harold Martin

Harold Martin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Thanks Greg.  The article I referred to first appeared in Rolling Stone magazine in October, 1977.  A brief outline for Bernstein's larger work.

I appreciate the help.

Harold

#14 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

You're welcome, Harold. Is it a different article than this one? At the top of this article it says:

After leaving The Washington Post in 1977, Carl Bernstein spent six months looking at the relationship of

the CIA and the press during the Cold War years. His 25,000-word cover story, published in Rolling Stone

on October 20, 1977, is reprinted below.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#15 Guest_Linda OHara_*

Guest_Linda OHara_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

Lunch With Stolley:

I've shared an abbreviated version of this personal anecdote in the past on another site, but it might be worth repeating:  Several years ago I had occasion to ask Dick Stolley to have lunch and talk about the Zapruder film acquisition.  The exchanges prior to our lunch were as strange and disconcerting as the face-to-face encounter.  We talked back and forth about dates and venues and eventually settled on both, and he asked, "how will I know you ... will you be wearing a green hat?"  Now, I don't know if there are many women with a penchant for green hats, but I certainly didn't have one nor did I want one, except it happened that the week prior to this conversation with Stolley, I wanted a straw hat and the only color available in the preferred style was a really unattractive green.  I bought it anyway, planning to come up with some kind of camouflage.  When he asked the question, my knees went weak.  It was a visceral reaction, not well thought through, but I decided to keep the luncheon appointment anyway as I was now more curious than ever about the Life magazine agenda in 1963.  A couple of pints into the meal, he asked, so "what's your theory?"  From there, I introduced several lines of inquiry that I had thought significant including a group of Dallasites all with peripheral (seeming) relationships to the events as they occurred leading up to and following the assassination… job interviews with Oswald, Texas Theater connections, radio station links, the justice of the peace that arraigned Oswald, etc.  The group included four individuals who shared the same last surname, purely ironic, so I referred to them as "All Those Harrell's."  Dick Stolley listened, we laughed at the synchronicity, then we talked a bit more about the milieu that was Dallas in 1963, the attitudes, the fraternities, the social structure, the secrecy, the racism, the religiosity, the hatred, the influence of military contractors etc. etc.  He then brought the interview to a close with an almost line-by-line recitation of the CIA document in question ...  And as he did so, he literally clasped his fingers in front of his mouth, his eyes darting around the pub.  I was stunned into silence for a long time.  We said our polite good byes and have not talked since .. not unusual in that he hardly knew me and vice versa, but nevertheless.    He is a nice man, but nice is not always good.

PS:  he did divert from the CIA script to a degree, and I suspect that was because I had shared that I lived a good deal of my life in Texas, had worked for the Hunt family and had friendships with people related to the power structure of the city and state.  (don’t misread …. I was a worker bee)  He asked (it was actually a statement) “What about LBJ, don’t you think he was involved?"  I ran through my theory, that people in Texas knew the source of LBJ’s influence, that he was only as good as his last gig, no generations of familial power behind him, only fraternities and symbiotic interests … all could vanish with the blink of an eye, and he certainly had no power to ensure the cover-up, he could only move things along as he was directed.  (in retrospect, I should have paid attention to Stolley's reaction to that last bit!)  It was simplistic, but my guest didn’t pursue the issue.  He did pull the last rabbit out of the hat with “if so many were involved as you intimate, how could they all have kept a secret.”  I said something about hive mentality, uncritical conformity and loss of a sense of individuality and personal accountability, and I think I muttered something about the Lone Star. 

• Gayle Nix-Jackson and Alan Ford like this

#16 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for that, Leslie. Very interesting. If you don't mind me asking, what year did this meeting take place?

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#17 Guest_Linda OHara_*

Guest_Linda OHara_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Greg, I'm going to speculate that it was between 2008 and 2010 and closer to '08 than '10; I'm certain that it was sometime during the second gubernatorial term of Bill Richardson.  Dick Stolley has a home in Santa Fe.   If the date is important, I can tie it down with some serious thought.  

#18 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

That's close enough. It's just odd that he would recite this to you from memory. How much did he recite and how close is it to the document? What do you think it means?

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#19 Guest_Linda OHara_*

Guest_Linda OHara_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Greg, there's a degree of lateral  thinking to be applied to the episode with Dick Stolley.  My research a decade earlier had alerted me to his role with Marina in the immediate aftermath of the assassination .. one night at the Adolphus, another in a motel near Garland, culminating at a Wynne operation in Arlington.  His purchase of the Z film was secondary ... I wanted to understand how he had access.  I recognized many of the players including Patsy Swank whose husband was  architect for a Canary Island enclave for oil man Sid Richardson, (partners with Clint Murchison, HL Hunt), all members of ASPG and ASPE for whom I had helped move hundreds of members on their junkets to exotic destinations) ... so to say that I trusted Mr. Stolley is an overstatement.  But I also knew him to be by reputation a very personable human being.   The "green hat" exchange was a signal to pay attention.  Had he vetted me/my request for a meeting?  By the end of our lunch, observing his behavior, I knew that something was not right.   I pursued that intuition which culminated in my locating online the CIA document, and upon comparing it line by line to his conversation with me, I was and am convinced that he was following that specific script.  Without a recording of the encounter. I can only attest to my subjective experience.  You're prompting a question ... why all these years later would credible journalists hold to a party line?  I speculate it is because those entities responsible for the assassination are still in power.

#20 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Leslie,

I took you too literally. I mistakenly thought that he actually recited (from your word: recitation) the text from the document as though he was reading it from memory!

Now it seems that's not what you meant. If I understand you correctly, he wasn't so much reciting it from memory as he was sticking to the game book's strategy. Had I known that was what you meant I would not have asked what now appears to be a few shallow questions within the new context. Sorry about that.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Propaganda Disinformation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com