3 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Crane

Ron Crane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWestern NY State

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

What are some thoughts on LBJ and whether he either knew of plans to kill JFK or actually was in on it. His placing Dulles on the Warren Commission smells to me.

I'm sure you all have seen the photo of a guy winking at him at the swearing in ceremony on the plane. Thoughts?

Personally I don't think he knew or was in on it. At least that's what I want to think.

#2 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

There is no substance to the claim that "LBJ was the mastermind" of the assassination. There is some anecdotal evidence of foreknowledge. Many citizens of Texas, particularly in the Dallas area, but elsewhere, too--immediately--not only suspected, but actually ASSUMED that LBJ was behind the actual murder, such was his reputation in his home state.

However, there is overwhelming evidence of his complicity in the crime of obstruction of justice in which he actively participated in the cover-up, including his appointing the Warren Commission.

• Larry Trotter likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#3 Ron Crane

Ron Crane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWestern NY State

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:20 PM

Thanks Greg I agree. I just watched your intro video and listened to the Hoover/LBJ audio. Very good intro and the audio was fascinating

• Greg Burnham likes this

#4 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:41 AM

I believe the referred to wink on AF1 was from US Congressman Albert Thomas, and being a native Texan myself, I believe I understand the action and what it was meant to express. And, in my opinion, it has no meaning relative to the JFK Assassination other than the fact that LBJ was now POTUS.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com