23 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:05 PM

I just published this article by my dear friend, Milicent Cranor, on the main website. As many of you know, Pat Speer has been highly critical of the work done by Dr's Mantik and Chesser. However, Mili has exposed the fallacious nature of many of his assertions. Since he is not a member here and therefore cannot defend himself, I ask that everyone refrain from attacking him. However, his research is fair game even in his absence.

PatSpeer.com: Fact Check by Milicent Cranor

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

I will say this only,

Ms. Cranor's work fits much better with other easily supported work by Doug Horne's epic IARRB (as well as others).

I really like Ms. Cranor's "Trajectory of a Lie" too.

Without such works I'd still be wandering in the darkness inside Dealy Plaza and the coverup mazes.

The only way I know to acknowledge and thank one for the hard work is for me to express the reality to open minds when possible. To refer the curious to the non-fable bound history and away from the bulloney.

Jim

And to thank Greg and Ms. Cranor here and now.

• Larry Trotter likes this

#3 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:53 AM

Groden tabulated forty (40) reporting a baseball-sized defect in the right occipital.

The large defect Boswell draws is something he and Humes created during Tool Time pre-autopsy.

To insist that because the questionable x-rays and photos do not show the right occipital defect it does not exist is to be party to Stalin's painstaking photodocumentation.

stalin12-1.jpg

#4 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:42 AM

Bullshit exposed.

Kudos.

Now what?

Speer already has responded elsewhere.  The circle -- the Wheel of Misfortune -- manifests yet again, and 'round and 'round she goes ...

This does not qualify as an act of returning the Dealey Plaza fire.

It's not even an act of shooting a sitting duck.

Rather, it's yet another act of shooting yet another sitting duck decoy.

Exposure of the lies must be appreciated not as an end unto itself, but rather as one of many means to achieve the greater ends of defining and effecting truth and justice for the countless millions of victims of the Dealey Plaza crossfire.

Truth always will be in need of champions, because truth always will be attacked by those invested in the lie.

Justice always will be in need of champions, because justice always will be attacked by those invested in injustice.

Pat Speer.

How many divisions does Pat Speer have?

Strap his now-headless torso to his horse and send it back to the enemy's camp.  Give their generals and emperors our answer.

We say NO!

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#5 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Points of clarification may be in order.

On numerous public occasions I have expressed my admiration and respect for David Mantik's JFK-related research and analyses.  His is the definitive work on its subject matters.

I also must acknowledge the high esteem in which I hold Milicent Cranor's contributions to the study of the JFK assassination.

Milli's essay under discussion here is, I submit, brilliant.

Yet none of their contributions, individually or collectively, justify the raising of a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Not until the work has been weaponized, deployed, and utilized to win the war for truth and justice.

• Greg Burnham and Larry Trotter like this
"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

Agreed.

"Fire now for Christ's sake! We've been seeing the whites of their eyes for decades!"

• Jim Hackett II and Larry Trotter like this

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#7 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

Recently, while attempting to locate a "referred to" posting(s) on another forum(s), I have to be amazed at some of the discussion(s). Whether off limits or not, it would quite likely be a very bad idea to fire-up certain issues here.

Now, I am a firm believer in the theory that "a closed mouth hath no foot", however I sometimes find it much easier "to be humble", than "to be silent".

In other words, "temptation abounds", so I do appreciate Mr Burnham helping me "to be silent".

As the saying goes, "when you come to a fork in the road, you have to take it". But, sometimes it appears as though what is thought to be "a fork in the road", is in reality "a curve". 

Unfortunately, far too many times when reaching " a curve in the road", but thinking it is " a fork", the tendency is to keep going straight. JMO. FWIW.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#8 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

The height of naivete: Speer writes, "But I don't believe the autopsy photos and x-rays were altered. These things were never supposed to be seen by the public."

If Speer possssed even moderately well-developed deep political insight and was even moderately well-read in the works of forward-thinking JFK researchers, he would be familiar with the so-called Doppelganger Gambit, in which two -- or more -- conflicting iterations of evidence, analysis and interpretation were created to engender precisely the variety of endless, resolution-defiant "arguments" in which he revels and upon which conspirators depend for their ongoing cultural, political and financial dominance.

The evidence of which he writes almost certainly was intended to be released at opportune moments.  

Further, what he "believes" is of no consequence to our quests for truth and justice in this case.  Who would you rather have reading your cranial X-rays?  Mr. Speer the believer, or Dr. Mantik the healer?

And yeah, you're right.  Speer isn't here to defend himself.  Boo hoo.  Why isn't he here?  Because this issue is long-settled, and because this forum does not suffer gladly junior G-men and poseurs who would play the role of doctor on TV.

• Greg Burnham and Jim Hackett II like this

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#9 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:24 PM

Stay tuned for the next installments of: Pat Speer: Fact Check -- Part(s) Two and Three, by Millicent Cranor.

I will be posting them as articles on the main website upon completion.

• Jim Hackett II likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#10 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:32 AM

The plot sickens.

At the Across-the-Pond Scum Forum, the problematic Oliver Curme, patron of the MFF (a modern-day Fedici, if I may coin a term) is riding to Speer's aid -- an act sure to intensify this latest in a 53-year-old series of faux debates that, by design or otherwise, prolong uncertainty, bolster the cover-up, and indefinitely protect the Sponsors.

I sympathize with Milli and Greg when they argue that lies about and innocent misinterpretations of evidence in this case must be identified as such if truth and justice for JFK and the untold millions collaterally damaged by his assassination are to be attained.  But to do so within the context of a debate rather than a clearly reasoned, factually sound statement  (or series thereof) designed in part to expose and eliminate, with extreme prejudice, malfeasance and ignorance and those who spew it, is fatal to our cause.

Curme ... the JFK assassination research community's very own Fedici ... The next phase of his penetration operation is well underway. Purely on the basis of his funding of the MFF, he enters our fray as uno uomo di rispetto -- or more accurately, uno figura di falsa autorità ... the same voice of authority and concern who, in the presence of Mary Ferrell, George Michael Evica, and yours truly, stated that he knew next to nothing about JFK's death and cared even less.

• Greg Burnham likes this

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#11 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

Curme ... the same voice of authority and concern who, in the presence of Mary Ferrell, George Michael Evica, and yours truly, stated that he knew next to nothing about JFK's death and cared even less. [emphasis added]

Some things never change.

• Larry Trotter likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#12 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

Back at the Across-the-Pond-Scum Forum, Generalfeldmarschall Curme has opened a multi-front offensive by addressing eight issues from the Cranor-Speer "debate."  

Its strategic objective: Prolong faux debate ad infinitum.  "I'm intrigued by the degree of divergence and wonder how to reconcile these conflicts.  I think there are many intriguing opportunities for a middle path."

Its tactical framework: Don the uniform of the even-handed, cool-headed eminence grise (see photos of Martin Bormann for fashion hints); become the voice of reason and unity; find merit in both arguments; and reinforce the illusion of a level playing field for conflicting interpretations of evidence -- especially in instances where the fatally flawed interpretation ultimately leads away from truth and justice.  "I think reasonable people can disagree." 

Middle paths.  Agreements to disagree.  The bile rises.

Curme is not a stupid man.  Far from it.  By all accounts he is an extremely well-educated and successful money changer.  Yet while his eight-part series, in its length and scope, superficially presents as expert analysis, a closer reading reveals nothing other than the work of a skilled polemecist on a mission to balance an equation that in fact cannot be balanced.  (The identity of said bullshitter is difficult to ascertain; Curme could pull it off, I suppose, buy my guess is that a spookwriter is on the case.)

The Fedici, alas, is not as good as he thinks he is.  The game is given away in the second of his eight mini-theses, from which I draw the following excerpt.

2)    Does Pat Speer cherry pick witness testimony?

Well, who doesn’t?  When people make an argument they list the evidence that supports their case.  Most of the JFK assassination books and discussion on these forums consists of people presenting an argument and giving the evidence to support it.  One could go the other direction and list all the conflicting evidence and not draw a conclusion, but that’s not a satisfying endeavor.  There is too much conflicting evidence throughout the case, not just among the medical evidence; this is why assassination researchers argue all the time and don’t consolidate one unified position to counter the Warren Report. 

"Who doesn't cherry pick witness testimony?"  I'll tell you who, Curme: Honorable researchers who fully and fairly present evidence that conflicts with their conclusions and then fully and fairly deconstruct said evidence to illustrate its fatal flaws.

Curme cleverly -- but not quite cleverly enough -- attempts to chacterize Speer's misrepresentations of evidence slanted in support of his case as an honorable debate technique designed to expedite rather than obfuscate.

Curme then offers the conclusion that "too much conflicting evidence throughout the case"  explains why "assassination researchers argue all the time and don't consolidate one unified position" within his own presentation designed to perpetuate that conflict and, by extension, the balkinization of the research community.

• Larry Trotter and Denise Giddens like this

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#13 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:16 PM

Curme has a total of 33 posts in the EF all tolled. Yet 14 of these are in this one thread alone.

We've seen it before. A nerve was hit that triggered a hive response.

• Charles Drago and Denise Giddens like this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#14 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

Speer's first post after Curme's "happy ending" massage contains this classic example of his (Speer's) tactics of deception:

"At the time Kilduff pointed to his temple, no one knew there was a small entrance wound anywhere on Kennedy's head."

He presents a wholly unsupported-by-fact hypothesis as a statement of fact.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#15 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

2)    Does Pat Speer cherry pick witness testimony?

Well, who doesn’t?  When people make an argument they list the evidence that supports their case.  Most of the JFK assassination books and discussion on these forums consists of people presenting an argument and giving the evidence to support it.  One could go the other direction and list all the conflicting evidence and not draw a conclusion, but that’s not a satisfying endeavor.  There is too much conflicting evidence throughout the case, not just among the medical evidence; this is why assassination researchers argue all the time and don’t consolidate one unified position to counter the Warren Report. 

"Who doesn't cherry pick witness testimony?"  I'll tell you who, Curme: Honorable researchers who fully and fairly present evidence that conflicts with their conclusions and then fully and fairly deconstruct said evidence to illustrate its fatal flaws.

Curme opined:

On this thread Greg Burnham said,

Accepting the notion that all shots originated from behind Kennedy is but the very first and most important step in concluding that Oswald could have possibly acted alone. Without that fundamental premise there is no 'Oswald was the lone gunman' argument." 

Curme cont:

"I completely agree with that, however that doesn’t mean that we should reject scenarios where all the shots actually did come from the back.  There is a lot of evidence that there were multiple shooters from the back.  It is possible that the shot from the grassy knoll or storm drain was a loud, smoky diversionary shot, to attract attention to the grassy knoll and allow shooters in the TSBD and/or Daltex building to get away.  I think it helps to keep an open mind on these issues."

=================

Greg Burnham replied:

Why resort to speculation as to the purpose of alleged shots from the grassy knoll and/or storm drain? That is entirely off topic.

We have evidence that either supports, refutes, or is neutral with respect to various conclusions as to the points of origin of the shots responsible for the President's wounds. In this instance, there is compelling evidence that shots originating from both the front and the rear of Kennedy struck their target. When a researcher disregards, misrepresents, omits, or distorts evidence--including witness testimony--that does not conform to his or her pet theory it is intellectually dishonest AT BEST.

--- In response to the following question elsewhere in the thread: "Does Pat Speer cherry-pick witness testimony?" -- You [Curme] began your reply with: "Well, who doesn't?" [cherry pick witness testimony] ---

I am appalled by your response on several levels.

First, while it would be disingenuous for me or anyone to deny that each of us carries some amount of bias, it is also important to note that an honest broker recognizes this potential bias in themselves, rejects it rather than embraces it, and fights to resist it interfering with their pursuit of the truth. 

Second, while it would be entirely appropriate for me to object to your position regarding "cherry picking" evidence on purely moral and ethical grounds, I prefer to take a more dispassionate approach. Namely, "cherry picking" is a logical fallacy known as Special Pleading, and is therefore not sound reasoning.

Third, your having correctly identified and admitted that Pat Speer is guilty of the logical fallacy of Special Pleading, colloquially also known as "cherry picking," is, at the very least, instructive as to how we should judge the soundness of his arguments and/or the reliability of his conclusions.

• Charles Drago likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#16 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

ADMIN NOTE:

Generally speaking, I restrict the amount of "cross posting" from other forums to this one so as to avoid one-sided bias. I am allowing a limited amount in this thread because it is too important to omit. Please keep it to a minimum. Thank you.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#17 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

Ollie Curme has already demonstrated several of the "methods to control a forum" that are listed in "A Gentleperson's Guide to Forum Spies."

Ineffective as his cover was blown for the effort.

• Charles Drago likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#18 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

I'll keep this brief out of respect for Greg's well-founded reluctance to engage in cross-posting.

Curme's latest abominations from the Across-the-Pond-Scum Forum:

1. "Ms. Cranor said [sic] ... that she takes issue with Mr. Speer's 'deceptive methods', not his theories.  Wouldn't it be more constructive to argue the theory that he puts forward?"

Again Curme can't help giving away his game.  He is encouraging this community to engage in prolonged debate with individuals engaged in deception.  This precisely and neatly summarizes the most important tactic in the larger cover-up strategy.

Which reminds me of a story: Two politicans -- let's call them Patty and Milton -- are having a spirited debate.  Patty is going on and on until Milton suddenly interrupts and says, "Wait a minute"  You're lying!"

And Patty says, "I know, but hear me out."

2. Curme turns a blind eye to Greg's clear exposition of the logical fallacy of False Pleading when he writes, "I gave eight posts on this thread regarding how researchers necessarily cherry pick evidence in order to support their view."

[Freudian slip time?  Curme the money changer "gave" rather than "wrote" the posts?  Which reminds me of the best definition of "Freudian slip" I know: "At dinner last night with my wife I meant to say, 'Please pass the salt,' but it came out, 'You've ruined my life, you blood-sucking shrew.'"]

Apparently, Curme, you approve of and even embrace the employment of unprincipled, deceptive practices when conducting and presenting historical research.  It stands to reason, then, that you have no issues whatsoever with the authors of the Warren Commission Report other than your stated -- but highly suspect -- disagreement with their central conclusion.

"Consentiens dissentire"  

Or in the case of Curme and Speer and the Warren Commission authors, "Consentual dysentery."

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#19 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

"Curme" has been frantically picking more cherries than a sultan's harem master.

Most recently on Greg's Cranor/Speer thread at the Across-the-Pond Scum Forum: "Curme" begins by acknowledging uncertainty in the evidence: "We have the autopsy photos and X-rays, which again, may have been altered, but there is probably some evidence there." [emphases added]

Then, like magic, the uncertainty vanishes, only to be replaced with bold statements of "fact":

"The bullet entry hole by the EOP described in the autopsy report can be seen in the back of head and mystery photo[sic]." [emphasis added]

AND

"The mystery photo also gives good evidence as to the size of the skull defect after all the loose skull pieces were removed.  In the mystery photo you can see two bullet holes in the skull: one by the EOP and one by the cowlick."  [emphases added]

Emboldened by the generally uncritical reception -- noble exceptions to this rule proudly acknowledged -- that "his" blatant, self-contradicting disinformation is receiving at the Across-the-Pond Scum Forum, "Curme" and/or "his" spookwriter(s) is/are throwing all caution to the wind.  

The enemy's overconfidence has now grown to the point at which its offensive can be widened at the front.  "Curme" is now playing the role of JFK assassination sage, answering with an unabashed tone of authority questions relating to a wide variety of investigative areas.

FYI, I place "Curme" and the pronouns used to reference "him" within what are referred to as "scare quotes", which are employed to "cast doubt on a word or phrase, or to emphasize that the word or phrase is being used as a euphemism."

I initiated this practice some years ago when referencing "Len Colby", one of the most notorious identities used for years by multiple disinformationists on the Across-the-Pond Scum Forum -- where it was warmly received and vigorously protected.

The "Colby"/"Curme" comparison could not be more apt.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#20 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:00 PM

Curme has a total of 33 posts in the EF all tolled. Yet 14 of these are in this one thread alone.

We've seen it before. A nerve was hit that triggered a hive response.

Out of a new total of 44 posts for "Mr. Curme," more than half (23) are in this one thread regarding Pat Speer's methodology.

I can't figure out if:

• his heretofore admitted lack of knowledge and interest in the Kennedy case grew
  • or, more likely -- if his assignment is to defend Pat Speer whose own mission seems to be to obfuscate any clarity recently achieved through the scientifically arrived at discoveries of Mantik and Chesser, respectively.

• Charles Drago and Jim Hackett II like this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Milicent Cranor, Medical evidence, autopsy report

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com