No replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

Although this is not a JFK specific topic, it could dramatically effect the way in which we are able to conduct and share JFK research with one another. I received the following correspondence this morning from Tree Frog who was also a recipient of it. Weigh its importance for yourself and act accordingly. I used this link to support the project with my voice:  https://stopthesecrecy.net

Thanks--

------------------------------------------------

This just in from Tokyo:1

Leaders from Japan and the U.S. have released a joint statement showing they fully intend to implement an Internet censorship plan that could kick whole families off the Internet.2

They’re watching our Stop The Secrecy campaign closely and we’ve only held them off because over 2.8 million people have joined in.

Benjamin, you’ve helped get us this far and now I need you to take the next crucial step. Share this historic campaign with everyone you know:

·  On Facebook

·  On Twitter

·  On Google+

·  By emailing this URL: https://stopthesecrecy.net

Imagine if all 2.8 million of us each took a few seconds to share this campaign with everyone they know. We’re counting on you to do your part.

This is what we do at OpenMedia -- we amplify your voice for an open Internet and a democratic future.

We can win this if we stick together.

–Steve on behalf of your OpenMedia team

Footnotes

[1] U.S., Japan Push Ahead on Trade Talks. Source: Wall Street Journal.
[2] The Trans Pacific Partnership IP Chapter Leaks: The Battle Over Internet Service Provider Liability. Source: Professor Michael Geist

============================================

The CLG message :

"Obama breaks 2008 campaign pledge on net neutrality --This is what one might call a net-discrimination rule, and, if enacted, it will profoundly change the Internet as a platform for free speech and small-scale innovation. 24 Apr 2014 In 2007, at a public forum at Coe College, in Iowa, Presidential candidate Barack Obama was asked about net neutrality. Specifically, "Would you make it a priority in your first year of office to reinstate net neutrality as the law of the land? And would you pledge to only appoint F.C.C. commissioners that support open Internet principles like net neutrality?" "The answer is yes," Obama replied. "I am a strong supporter of net neutrality." If reports in the Wall Street Journal are correct, Obama's chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, Thomas Wheeler, has proposed a new rule that is an explicit and blatant violation of this promise."

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com