• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

I even started modelling this, as today I have some spare time. But the problem is that while I know that ground plan is 100x100 feet I cannot find any info about heights of building and floors. Anybody knows?

#42 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

Let me put it this way, Mark. Let's say that we decide to do some sort of "demo" (or "proof of concept"). We give ourselves the remainder of the year. In January, we go out looking for "investors" (actually, probably the quotes are unnecessary). What do you think will sell more:

( a ) The internal structure. Something like the images from Dale Myers?

( b ) A pretty detailed shell with textures, bricks, shiny windows, etc.?

If this were a real, bricks and mortar building, of course your approach is the proper one!

#43 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

I even started modelling this, as today I have some spare time. But the problem is that while I know that ground plan is 100x100 feet I cannot find any info about heights of building and floors. Anybody knows?

This forum is pretty much empty. In the Education Forum people have mentioned the hypotenuse (distance from sniper's nest).

I have contacted several of the people in charge of that forum, in order to open an account for you, but this is the worst possible week. Everybody is in Dallas.

There are 7 floors. Just estimate some height per floor. Even better: In the picture, there is a man very close to the corner. Let's say that he is 6 ft tall.

Allow me to insist: we will have to start very roughly.

#44 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

Ok. I just try to estimate. I know that the Depository is around 100 feet tall. The man is not a big help - can have 5 or 6 feet. This can give big miscalculation. So keep asking for at least one vertical exact dimension. It can even be a windowsill. Nevertheless I start building our depository now on rough estimations.

#45 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

This forum is pretty much empty. In the Education Forum people have mentioned the hypotenuse (distance from sniper's nest).

I have contacted several of the people in charge of that forum, in order to open an account for you, but this is the worst possible week. Everybody is in Dallas.

There are 7 floors. Just estimate some height per floor. Even better: In the picture, there is a man very close to the corner. Let's say that he is 6 ft tall.

Allow me to insist: we will have to start very roughly.

Chris Davidson is a member of the forum and probably knows these numbers. I'll send him a note.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#46 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:58 PM

Perfect

#47 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

Just out of curiosity, where can I read "Greg's comparison of the quality of limo-related research efforts by Weldon and Brown"?

Post 32.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#48 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

Post 32.

OK, I thought that there was some more in-depth comparison.

#49 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

OK, I thought that there was some more in-depth comparison.

There is, but I won't get into it.

As I said, since she is not a member here--and even if she was--she cannot defend her position. I don't believe in attacking the work of someone unable to defend themselves unless that person is "fair game," such as a public figure.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#50 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

Ok, I understand. Just thought that Charles had some article by you in mind.

#51 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:54 PM

"but this is the worst possible week. Everybody is in Dallas."

If everybody is in Dallas, could somebody make some basic measurements? Window height, brick dimensions, some heights of floors? Some additional photos from Houston Street as there are very few of good quality. Also maybe two other buildings of interest?

Just asking...

#52 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:20 AM

"but this is the worst possible week. Everybody is in Dallas."

If everybody is in Dallas, could somebody make some basic measurements? Window height, brick dimensions, some heights of floors? Some additional photos from Houston Street as there are very few of good quality. Also maybe two other buildings of interest?

Their schedules are full. The measurements would not be reliable. Many are older people, some have been studying/investigating the case since 1963 or a few years afterwards.

There is ONE exception, a young book author: Vince Palamara.

http://vincepalamara.com/

I intend to invite Vince to participate. He is in the Education Forum.

#53 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:16 AM

Their schedules are full. The measurements would not be reliable. Many are older people, some have been studying/investigating the case since 1963 or a few years afterwards.

There is ONE exception, a young book author: Vince Palamara.

http://vincepalamara.com/

I intend to invite Vince to participate. He is in the Education Forum.

Vince is also a member here.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#54 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

I'm pretty sure that the bricks used in this building are standard American modular 7-3/8in x 3-5/8in x 2-1/4in. As there is 145 of them in a row on a facade plus mortar by standard approx. 3/8in it makes sense. But it is also possible that they used taller versions 2-3/4in or non-standard. As it's industrial building I cannot properly estimate floor heights because they can vary greatly in such buildings. For now I will assume standard modular brick and build the model accordingly. But it would be of great help if Vince could measure at least the brick. If could windows - it would be fantastic.

#55 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:47 PM

Dear US Americans,

I found this:

tbd_03.jpg

Could you confirm, that this ruler is scaled in feet and tenths of it? I would like to avoid situation that will use milifurlongs thinking that these are feet.

#56 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

One additional note if it is not clear, as image is poor in terms of resolution. The ruler is divided into 7 sections, each with 10 equidistant divisions. As I remember that it takes 12 inches per foot it looks to me that these are tenths of a foot. But this can be also special police force unit of 1/10000 of furlong.

#57 Chris Davidson

Chris Davidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:50 PM

Sixth floor windowsill was 60.7ft to ground directly below.

60.7ft.jpg

#58 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:57 PM

Oh, thank you!

As I have rather exact brickwork ready your hint solves majority of issues.

tbd_04.jpg

#59 Chris Davidson

Chris Davidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

Dear US Americans,

I found this:

tbd_03.jpg

Could you confirm, that this ruler is scaled in feet and tenths of it? I would like to avoid situation that will use milifurlongs thinking that these are feet.

Mark,

Hopefully, a bit clearer.

boxes.jpg

#60 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:26 AM

Thanks Chris. I have this set of exhibits, based on 1310 I measured bricks and if the rule is scaled in tenths of a foot bricks match the ones I assumed from other photos. As to 60.7ft - in the testimony there is 60ft mentioned. Where is remaining 7/10ft?

Anyway, when I finish brickwork to the ground level I will check corroborate "my estimated bricks" with 60.7ft. Probably will match almost perfectly.

tbd_05.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crime Scene, Animation, Virtual, 3D, vistaramic, Dealey Plaza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com