64 replies to this topic

#21 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

What I'm really interested in is matching the scale and type of destruction of the skull with type of ammo. Specifically caliber and weight - this can be estimated.

I have a paper from a group of researchers in Brazil. Will post it in the Educational Forum soon.

They virtually shot 3 different guns exactly between the eyes of 3 craniums.  All virtual, of course.

After they ran the simulations, they were able to determine: "this hole was done by the Smith & Wesson", "this one by the Browning", etc.

BTW: I think we should invite them to join our initiative.

http://journals.plos...al.pone.0111192

#22 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:28 PM

Let's remind the readers that we are dealing with two completely different problems. They differ in their effects and therefore in their solutions:

- Shot 1: Entered Kennedy in the back. The rest is under debate. Did it exit through the throat? Was it the same that impacted Connally? It traversed  mostly through soft tissue and therefore the most modern tools of science and technology (FEA and CFD) cannot be used.

- Shot 2: The fatal shot. Entered the head and the big debate is about the origin of its trajectory. Since it had a lot of momentum, caused violent movement and the modern tools mentioned may -and should- be used.

The accurate 3D Dealey Plaza model will be used for (1).

Simulations will be used for (2).

If this were a company project, the executives in charge would be: sub-project (1) Mr. Messer and sub-project (2) Mr. Herrera.

In practice, we both will be cooperating.

#23 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

About Brazilian research - it would be great if they agree to participate.

Regarding 3d model - it is supposed to be an situational envelope. Not only shots, but also reconstruction of movements (documented and possible) and scenarios. But in practice all above must go complementary.

#24 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

About Brazilian research - it would be great if they agree to participate.

Here's the plan. I joined the FEA forum in LinkedIn which has about 17,000 members. I also applied for the CFD forum, which has some 32,000 members. In them, I will make an announcement: the creation of a forum of people interested in the analysis of the effects of a projectile penetrating a cranium and cerebrum.

-RFH

#25 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:57 AM

Regarding the car model - if it matches original dimensions, it's ok. But this too must be checked. Researchers, or "researchers" quite easily move inside contents according to theory.

I am in contact with Dmitry, from the company Humster3D, in Russia. See his info below. He is expecting from us any drawings that can help him make a more accurate SS-100-X. My e-mails to both Ford Company and Lincoln were not responded. However, I found the company that customized the limo.

http://www.nydailyne...llery-1.1523905

http://www.ogaramobilesystems.com/

-Ramon

====================

Dmitry Korchagin
Phone: +38-050-302-3330
Email: info@humster3d.com
http://www.humster3d.com

#26 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:15 AM

Trivia:

Presidents Johnson, Nixon and Ford all used the car, which was given updated 1964 Continental sheet-metal while at Hess & Eisenhardt, until it was finally taken out of service and returned to its owner, Ford, in 1977. As was the custom with presidential limousines, it was rented to the White House for $500 a year. You can see it in the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan along with 3 other presidential limousines that were built by Hess & Eisenhardt.

http://www.coachbuil..._eisenhardt.htm

#27 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:27 AM

Pam-Brown.png

http://www.jfklancer...orspeakers.html

Pam's Website:

http://ss100x.com/

#28 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:14 AM

Good job Ramon. As to FEA - good move, as such group can contribute other research too, so this can attract more professionals. Dmitry's company works are very good. Hope we'll obtain some blueprints of car soon.

#29 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:57 AM

Dmitry's company works are very good. Hope we'll obtain some blueprints of car soon.

I just noticed the only catch, Mark. My first acquisition:

https://www.cgstud.i...ya-rigged-38575

can be used without limitation (ie, we can open source it). However, the cars' code is proprietary!

Humster3D-License-Agreement.png

http://humster3d.com...tal-x-100-1961/

We will work around that limitation somehow. Either re-writing the Blender code, begging Dmitry to donate it in exchange for publicity (and the blueprints!), etc.

-Ramon

#30 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

I intend to give a lot of publicity:

( a ) To the people/institutions that helped.

but perhaps in bigger font:

( b ) To the people/institutions that were asked and DID NOT help.

For now, the Ford Motor Company and Lincoln. are on the 2nd. list. Plus others from our side, like the famed doctor David Mantik who has absconded with the Optical Densitometer data.

#31 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:12 AM

Regarding closed code - having blueprints we can redraw the car. It is time consuming, but still within our reach. Or maybe there is a possibility to mediate and have consensus with authors.

As to publicity - go for it! As wide as possible.

#32 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:40 AM

Pam-Brown.png

http://www.jfklancer...orspeakers.html

Pam's Website:

http://ss100x.com/

A cautionary note:

I beg to differ regarding her status as the foremost expert on the limousine. I have locked horns with her going back to about 1999. The foremost expert on the limousine was a very good friend named Douglas Weldon (RIP). He conducted more extensive research on the subject than anyone I know. What separates them is more than mere facts, interpretation of facts, and their respective conclusions. Doug was an attorney by profession and quite capable of applying critical thinking skills to the interpretation of evidence. Moreover, Doug was not agenda driven. I cannot say the same for the flautist, Pamela Brown.

At one point she became so disruptive at the original JFK Research Assassination Forum (Rich DellaRosa's) that we had to ban her. That is all I will say about this matter here since she is not a member of this forum and therefore cannot defend herself.

• Charles Drago likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#33 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

So, as to Pamela, leave this trail. As she can be agenda driven (or maybe not, but it's plausible as you said) try obtaining blueprints or models from different sources. It would be ideal to obtain plans from at least two sources as then there is less probability of manipulation.

#34 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

So, as to Pamela, leave this trail. As she can be agenda driven (or maybe not, but it's plausible as you said) try obtaining blueprints or models from different sources. It would be ideal to obtain plans from at least two sources as then there is less probability of manipulation.

Agreed.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#35 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:10 PM

A cautionary note:

I beg to differ regarding her status as the foremost expert on the limousine. I have locked horns with her going back to about 1999. The foremost expert on the limousine was a very good friend named Douglas Weldon (RIP). He conducted more extensive research on the subject than anyone I know. What separates them is more than mere facts, interpretation of facts, and their respective conclusions. Doug was an attorney by profession and quite capable of applying critical thinking skills to the interpretation of evidence. Moreover, Doug was not agenda driven. I cannot say the same for the flautist, Pamela Brown.

At one point she became so disruptive at the original JFK Research Assassination Forum (Rich DellaRosa's) that we had to ban her. That is all I will say about this matter here since she is not a member of this forum and therefore cannot defend herself.

Directly relevant and illustrative of my point, made here on another thread, regarding the importance to would-be researchers of reading and absorbing the best work in the JFK assassination canon.  

In addition, this highlights the dangers inherent in the presentation of vague generalities as facts.  Greg's comparison of the quality of limo-related research efforts by Weldon and Brown is spot-on.  I know because I have read and evaluated both bodies of work (if not in their entirties, then damn close to it).

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#36 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

Just out of curiosity, where can I read "Greg's comparison of the quality of limo-related research efforts by Weldon and Brown"?

#37 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

As to publicity - go for it! As wide as possible.

It's a Catch-22. We need some sort of highly visual web site, and that is the reason behind my "shell-only" TSBD building (Version 0.01) idea. It seems that we will have to start from scratch.

If anybody wants the sniper's nest added (semi-floating), they should feel free to find and hire a 3D artist themselves, or I can recommend mine.

The car is a trivially easy addition. For now, the $75 one from Humster3D is all we have.

Once we have some web traffic, I can place a large sign in the site:

THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY AND LINCOLN WERE APPROACHED BUT WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.

#38 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

Highly visual website is not a big issue - Wordpress and go. The issue is initial content. At least some articles, collection of available visual materials... Starting from an empty shell is like exhibiting Mona Lisa when first lines were drawn.

#39 Mark Messer

Mark Messer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

If an empty shell is an issue I can build it non precisely based on gis data and photos. But again - i see no purpose.

#40 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:59 PM

If an empty shell is an issue I can build it non precisely based on gis data and photos. But again - i see no purpose.

Mark:

This is what I need:

Texas-School-Book-Depository-Shell.jpg

A Mona Lisa with her beautiful smile, with every perfect detail, even better than Leonardo's because she will be viewable in 360 degrees.

The only catch is that in Version 0.1 she will not have her brassiere, undies, skeleton, intestines, bones, etc.

At the Freelancer site, I can get the outside of the building in 1-2 weeks. Trust me, I have worked in advertisement: Sex sells and that image is pretty darn sexy. We can add trusses, elevator shafts and whatnot later.

I'll try to see if the artist will throw in the limo (floating in space) at no additional charge.

-Ramon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crime Scene, Animation, Virtual, 3D, vistaramic, Dealey Plaza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com