#1 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:05 AM

OK Dangit the Beltway gangs have made me angry again:

Some disfunctional Dilbert has "made policy" by the DOT of "drone registration".

Pending definition, some try to say all this "won't apply to hobbyist" only drones.

I do not grant the benefit of the doubt to this government or any other.

In 1981 I did my dues and sent off 25 cents to the FCC to "be legal" and get the "CB" license to fly R/C on the right side of the "law".

Since then off and on I have flown R/C Aircraft. Joining the AMA in 1984 and always applying their "safety code" - for common sense.

(AMA Safety Code REQUIRES identification on every model - I do not mind the self compliance - seems a good idea and has been part of the safety code for decades). AMA even supplies labels self adhesive protected labels.

I am not going to "register" my aircraft, not even were the registration FREE. But I'll proudly show off my handiwork if asked.

Commercial drone uses maybe the target of the policy in public speeches and pronouncements, but I've seen this government(s) [local, state and federal] abuse power granted in obscure "legislation". Witness the "war-on-drugs" that in reality is a war against the people not the drug barons (some of which live inside our government and law enforcement).

If I flew "drones" I WOULD NOT REGISTER them either.

The "model airplane hobbyists" are not the threat, not to transportation nor to you.

the idiot "toy-buyers" at Wally World that buy it and fly it in the parking lot and in unsafe places and at unsafe times and in unsafe manner that ARE THE PROBLEMS.

I fly in compliance with a safety code not made into law or policy. By my own choice unforced. Demo of my intent.

Leave my aircraft and me alone - Do Not Tread On Me!

Go ahead ask me about registration of "firearms" and the Second Amendment...

Do Not Tread On Me! or my hobby!

Jim

That ain't what to govern meant!

At this rate the majority of astronauts and the majority of aerospace engineers (globally speaking) would have been jailed for flying model airplanes in their youth (extended sometimes) "Unregistered drone operation" for the crime of dreaming of flight.

#2 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:05 AM

Werner von Braun -- now THERE was a model airplane enthusiast!

He titled his autobiography I Aim for the Stars.  Mort Sahl said it should have been, I Aim for the Stars but Sometimes I Hit London.

• David Healy likes this
"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#3 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:21 PM

I remember fondly Mort Sahl.

He gave up a career by speaking truth re:JFK's assassination. I can respect that.

All professions bear both assholes as Von Braun was, and not assholes.

Like the folks that designed the Shuttle or the International Space Station.

Classing the jerks that would misuse model aircraft to do harm intended or not, with the self policed members of the AMA is the tactic of the ENEMY.

ICBMs as weapons vs. reworking the ICBM Atlas to carry people into space - to me it is apples and oranges. Use determines which.

Robert Goddard compares favorably with Wehner Von Braun in all but one factor.

Von Braun had the support of the government and Robert Goddard was ridiculed in the press and ignored in Academia and Government.

One was a Nazi the other was put in the same group of oddballs as the Wright Brothers as per the Smithsonian insisted them to be lowly mechanics not aerodynamicists all the way into the 1940s.

Only one has my respect but I do respect the Saturn 5 as unequaled in rocketry to this date.

Afterall there are reasons I build and design model aircraft of Reno Racer version of 'fighter' planes.

A replica of Chuck Yeager's P-51D killing machine as opposed to a replica of the surplus stripped down versions used in racing aircraft immediately after WW2.

I built the Reno Racer version as I prefer peace when possible, Paul Mantz stunt pilot for Hollywood won the transcontinental Cleveland race in his P-51B.

I built it in R/C because I like the aircraft and the color scheme.

The P-39 that won the 1947 Cleveland Races may well be my next project.

The racer versions look better than the killing machine versions. Color variety and slicked up for lower drag. Better choices to me.

Shiny colors beats flat OD green or camo everytime, on my aircraft anyway.

Jim

• David Healy likes this

#4 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

Now the "regulations" are released, the faa demands jurisdiction over "model aircraft" not just the idiot drone buyers that don't care about anything but the instant gratification of the youth today.

The FAA lied to Congress, to the AMA and to all concerned hobbyists of long standing that contacted them to express concern of more invasion into personal lives.

"I want it all and I want it now!" bodes ill for WeThePeople.

Well I suppose those of us, all lifetime aircraft modellers that refuse to comply with the bullshit bureaucratic "power" of the Feds by not registering our aircraft can expect our private shops to be invaded by the swat geared chickenshits in color of authority.

Semper FREAKIN' Fidelis assholes.

Semper Fi - sworn to defend this constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic (and CHUMPS TOO)

Had enough yet?

Fuck the Government Twice.

Pay to register my aircraft? Not fucking likely.

FUCK YOU FEDS

#5 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:27 AM

UPDATE:

The Academy of Model Aeronautics has just asked its' members to NOT REGISTER their activities in model aircraft. At least until the last day of doing so by FAA "decree".

They finally grew some guts and said "Oh Hell No".

I bet the AMA got tired of being ignored and "used" by the FAA to appear as fair and reasonable!!?!?!?!? I grew tired of watching the bullshit on CSPAN too.

In 2012 the aircraft modelers were SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED from regulation by the FAA in section 266 of the first "law", now the jerks are over reaching in "control" in the face of

Congressionally enacted law subverted to conform to desired "policy" .

I expect some ST sponsored jerk to execute a criminal act with a model airplane (not a quadcopter or drone) to panic the congress critters,

like the gun mass murder ops to stampede congress into making impotent the Second Amendment.

Until February this is the state of affairs.

Proposed "fines" for 'flying unregistered' is 27,500 dollars....I hear them knocking but they can't come in .... without a warrant and possibly not even with one.

How far out of touch with the will of the people can one government get? Pretty far in the case of totalitarian wannabees.

#6 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:02 PM

Why it matters to me.

Scratch built from my own CAD drawn plans.

A replica of Paul Mantz's Trancontiental Racer 1946 Winner of the Cleveland Air Races.

A thing I do for love....just like the guys that drove top-fuel dragsters in the age of "front-motor" cars.

Aircraft Incomplete.... Engine, retractable landing gear and fuel tank to come but the hard part is done.

Ask yourself if I would risk my project flying stupid or around crowds or near airports.

FWIW

Yes I'll put my identification label of the AMA in my aircraft as all have.

Address and AMA Number included by self policing.

But I will not register my "aircraft"

Attached Files

#7 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:50 AM

Very nice work! Can I have one for x-mas please?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#8 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

The elves are on it.

For next Christmas or this Easter?

Overrun with drone copter wish lists this year..... one year cabbage patch brats, the next Giggly Elmo....

What can one tradition do?

Why I remember an age when John Glenn Mercury Space Helmet was the rage and Barbie dolls.

And few batteries required. Ah well Red Ryder air rifles by Daisy had their time too.

Ms. Claus insists remember this season is for the little ones - all the little ones.

They enjoy it so.

And the family and friends gather just to be together... for each other.

The reason for the season is clear.

it came upon a midnight clear.... to bring love to all. And hope

Jim

Merry Christmas.

PS I'll do the airplane.

Now I know why golfers have an issue with shipping clubs to where ever.

Torrey Pines I'd be slope soaring for sure.

#9 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Flip/Flop,

Though it seems the AMA knelt at the alter of power in submitting to the faa,

AMA reversed itself and is this date "encouraging members to register "themselves", 'not their aircraft'.

COPOUT!

Fuck the bullshit.

I stand on self determination.....and the whisper of revolution of the minds, even if only my own.

What is next registration of my Xacto knives and Dremel?

Or registration as the owner/operator of such tools?

Jeez!

Jim

Register my disgust and contempt instead.

A pox on both their houses - AMA and faa.

"Alright! Drop the Dremel and get on your face motherfucker!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com