The Assassination Of JFK.net
Forum Policy Statement
Prime Directive #1: This forum exists, first and foremost, for the sole purpose of conducting appropriately focused research into the life and death of the 35th President of the United States, John F. Kennedy.
Prime Directive #2: The Founding Members are committed, both individually and collectively, to maintaining a forum dedicated to the promotion of freedom of expression in the marketplace of ideas. Freedom of Speech is sacrosanct.
Overview: Maintaining equilibrium during this process of research and discovery can be, at times, quite a tenuous proposition. To this end Forum Administrator, Greg Burnham, with the support of the Founding Members, will enforce the Rules of Engagement, which incorporate the principles outlined in the Mission Statement by direct reference. Any enforcement action will be at the sole discretion of the Forum Administrator. This is not a democracy.
While Freedom of Speech is sacred here, it is not first on the list of Prime Directives for a reason. It comes second to research and discovery of the truth. A member’s reasonable expectation of Freedom of Speech will be limited only by his or her failure to adhere to the Rules of Engagement.
The Forum Administrator, with the support of the Founding Members, will:
- Strive to provide a ridicule free environment within which research can be conducted in line with Prime Directive #1 as stated above.
- Enforce the “no flame zone” policy wherein any and all posts containing ad hominem attacks of any kind will be deleted without warning irrespective of the stature of the author of the offending posts. Due to their generally disruptive nature, such personal attacks jeopardize the forum’s integrity by weakening Prime Directive #1 and will not be tolerated. *
- Expect each member to treat other members respectfully, without regard for their level of expertise.
- Welcome all honest brokers to our forum, including both the seasoned as well as the novice researcher.
- Interpret the creation of an account by a new member as their agreement to abide by the Rules of Engagement.
* There will be few, if any, warnings issued. Therefore do not assume the behavior will be tolerated until a warning is issued, as same may not be forthcoming.
The Rules of Engagement
- A person wishing to register for membership is required to use their real (first and last) name, as well as a valid email account. Anonymous posting is not permitted.
- Members are encouraged to share their own research, critique the research of other members, voice their opinions, and otherwise express themselves in any manner they see fit so long as they do so in accordance with the Prime Directives.
- Members are free to non-disruptively attack ideas, opinions, and theories, but are not free to attack other members. Egos should be checked at the door.
- Members are prohibited from demanding that another member respond to a post or answer a question. Badgering another member for an answer will not be tolerated.
- A member's choice to use colorful language (profanity) will not be infringed unless it becomes excessive to the point of disruption.
- Members are prohibited from hijacking threads or otherwise posting off topic messages within threads started by another member.
- Posts that argue the case against Lee Harvey Oswald as if he was the lone assassin will be subject to immediate deletion and the poster of same will be placed on notice.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of item 7 above and item 9 below, members are prohibited from requiring other members to subscribe to a theory or to share a belief.
- Members who demonstrate disingenuous intentions by denying that the official government account is worthy of rejection will be subject to dismissal.
- Members are prohibited from posting messages for a former member who has been banned from the forum.
- If a member chooses to use a profile picture, it must be a photo of themselves as opposed to a picture of anyone (or anything) else.
- Members are prohibited form "cross posting" -- meaning posting content from another Forum -- without the express written permission of the post's author.
- Members are prohibited from even mentioning the name of the John McAdams' website or the Deep Politics Forum. Cross contamination can, and will, be avoided.
- Members may not post anyone else's email address or other personal, identifying information without that person's express permission to do so.
- Message spamming or otherwise attempting to flood the board with posts is prohibited.
- Members acknowledge that posting on this forum is a privilege, not a right.
- Members acknowledge that failure to comply with the Rules of Engagement can and will result in deletion of their posts and/or termination of their membership.
This list is not exhaustive of all possible violations of Forum Policy. These terms may be subject to modification and will be enforced at the sole discretion of the Forum Administrator.