5 replies to this topic

#1 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.................

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#2 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#3 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

Yes Ma'am You are not the only one.

The "dreamers" bring the change not fake half-hearted change sold to win election - copouts that delay the change.

#4 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

Well said Jim :)
That was beautiful.

JFK

#5 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:29 AM

It's a marvelous anthem.  I think his death was engineered to remove the momentum of the Nuclear Freeze Movement.

Chapman is so much like Hinckley and the other model psychotics from Gottleb's Gallery.

2zipy8i.jpg

Hinckley was the bid for an eary GHWB presidency.

The phenomenon of the Beatles followed the aborted idealistic thrust of Kennedy's unique approach: peace, self-determination, better quality of life for all.

We don't find it in Caroline who is too much the Patty Hearst.

In low intensity war we eschew a central leader who may be martyred at any moment.

And shun the various despots with their little red books.

#6 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

Phil,

I think John Lennon was murdered as you said for political reasons, to include the Nuclear Freeze Issue(s).

I include the ability of John Lennon to unite the American (and global folks) against the brewing Contra Wars circa 1980 as another reason for Gottleib's criminals to loose the psycho killers.

A continuation of the trend Mae Brussells told all the brussell sprouts of the killing the spirit of youth by assassinating musicians and like people to alter the perceptions and thereby the reality of all?

Today we are supposed to be personally involved about "Tom Brady" being allowed to play football..... Pleeze!!

FWIW

Jim

I consider posting a link to "Working Class Hero" one of my favorite Lennon expressions of art.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com