25 replies to this topic

#21 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I do admire your opinions and the intellect that forms them. I know that Icke is tainted goods. I didn't consider the fact that by mentioning and recommending one of his videos on this site that , that act in itself could be used as fodder to paint us all as a pack of crazy lizard believers, and for that I apologize.

One of the reasons I clicked on that particular You Tube video was because of the venue at which Icke was speaking. I wondered who in their right mind would risk their academic standing and reputation by inviting David Icke to speak at The Oxford Union Debating Society? If they did it to mock him and get a laugh .... they failed.  

Perhaps because it is such a prestigious venue, Icke steered clear of his most outlandish rantings and gave one of the most truthful, lucid,powerful and thought provoking presentations imaginable. If one,who had never heard of some of Icke's "Out There" ideas, were to judge him based solely on this presentation, they might find their selves pleasantly surprised.  I still recommend it and if that makes me as crazy as Icke.... oh well. I've found the whole concept of mental health to be mostly a myth. I think everyone has or had at some point in their lives, a least  one screw loose. 

Chuck,

I don't know why your name and picture didn't show up in this post? It says: Guest_Guest_*  -- instead of your name. However, it is connected to your correct IP address. Did you do anything different?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#22 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

No, but it appears that I'm not signed in. .... Would I be able to post when not logged in?

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:30 PM

A security screen appeared asking to repeat the letters

#24 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:51 PM

No, but it appears that I'm not signed in. .... Would I be able to post when not logged in?

No. You shouldn't be able to post if not logged in as a member. Are you having trouble logging in? If you forgot your password I can reset it for you.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#25 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

Chuck,

Point taken. If I shake my head from side to side, the rattle of loose screws can be heard for three city blocks.

But when I do so with just the right rhythmic nuance, I can help swing the world.  Look out, Chano Pozo!

FWIW, you have nothing to apologize for in terms of referencing Icke.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#26 Chuck Barlow

Chuck Barlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationFort Worth TX

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

Charles ... Thank you for steering me in Levenda's direction. Icke sans hallucinatory digressions. Appears I have lots of reading to catch up on.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com