• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Unger

Robin Unger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

The first generation "FBI Nix Copy" was scanned at the Library of Congress.

the film was hand delivered to  the Library of Congress by Gary Mack and a co-worker, and was used in the " Lost Bullet " program.

I grabbed (61-frames) from the "lost Bullet" DVD

Nix+FBI.gif

• Stan Wilbourne and Gayle Nix-Jackson like this

#2 Robin Unger

Robin Unger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Nix UPI Version

04cb30e5-91fc-42f4-9a1d-0e9839f97f8c.gif

• Gayle Nix-Jackson likes this

#3 Robin Unger

Robin Unger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

Nix / Zapruder / Muchmore  sync

Credit: Ken McDonald

f70496fa-7376-4683-8569-7347cd0d102e.gif

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Fantastic, Robin. Many thanks. FYI: Gayle Nix-Jackson (Orville's granddaughter) is a member here.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 Robin Unger

Robin Unger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Thanks Greg

Yes i know Gayle from Duncan's forum.

We have shared many Emails regarding her grandfathers film.

#6 Joseph Backes

Joseph Backes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Robin,

In the NIX-UPI version, the clip you have, it seems to me that one of the two Dallas police motorcycle cops on the right rear to where JFK sat in the limo, that he drops his bike and he lets it hit the curb, and perhaps he runs up the knoll.  Does anyone else see that? It's almost like the motorcycles got in the way of the SS follow up car.  I don't think that was really intentional.  

Thanks,

Joe

#7 Robin Unger

Robin Unger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Joe

I think that the motorcycle's slowed down to a crawl, as Clint Hill ran out in front of them.

i also see Agent Ready hit the ground, and start to run, just before he is called back by Roberts

ALTGENSZ.jpg

#8 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Thanks Robin. Nice, .Hill appears to be running between the motorcycles, and I believe Ready said he put one foot down, before he was called back, you can see the bob of his head as he drops down to street level, to me the motorcycles appear to all fall back, as the Limo takes off...they seem to ride up on the limo as it slows down then they get left behind as the xp 100 took off, as Greer floored it......as seen at the end of the Snapper Zapper...take care..b

#9 Robin Unger

Robin Unger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

Thanks Robin. Nice, .Hill appears to be running between the motorcycles, and I believe Ready said he put one foot down, before he was called back, you can see the bob of his head as he drops down to street level, to me the motorcycles appear to all fall back, as the Limo takes off...they seem to ride up on the limo as it slows down then they get left behind as the xp 100 took off, as Greer floored it......as seen at the end of the Snapper Zapper...take care..b

Hi Bernice

Yes, that is how i see it also

#10 Gordon Gray

Gordon Gray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

First time I noticed Ready moving. It would seem he is reacting to the head shot. What was he doing in the 5 seconds prior to that? If that was the moment that Roberts called him back, then Roberts explanation for calling him back, that the speeding up of the limo would prevent him from reaching it, carry's some weight.

#11 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

First time I noticed Ready moving. It would seem he is reacting to the head shot. What was he doing in the 5 seconds prior to that? If that was the moment that Roberts called him back, then Roberts explanation for calling him back, that the speeding up of the limo would prevent him from reaching it, carry's some weight.

Looking at the Altgens photograph, it appears as though SS Agent Ready reacted to the sound of a shot and turned around, losing focus on JFK. I suppose that delay is somewhat responsible for his non-reaction to JFK's throat and/or back wound, and the reaction to the head shot was too late to reach the limousine as it was then picking up speed. So, I agree that SS Agent Roberts' explanation does carry some weight.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#12 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

In post # 2, by Robin Unger, showing the Nix UPI version clip, I noticed that the lady wearing a beige coat, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes that is on the south side of Elm St approaching the JFK limousine reacts to the head wound, and she moves back and to her right, back and to her right. And, with the Elm St curve, she does not appear to be moving away from the TSBD building. I believe she has been identified, but I have no information about her, and I wonder what her testimony, if any, may have indicated.

Larry

#13 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Larry type in google...''

[PDF]
The Running Woman, Toni Foster - JFK Lancer

that is she and her information is more than worth a read...take care b

...SS agent John Ready......he was on the President's side that day, he never left his post during the motorcade, that day...Till after I believe the second shot, as he saw Clint Hill take off, then I think he attempted to
put one foot down but then

..SS Emory Roberts agent in charge, called
him back..The same way he ordered SS Henry Rybka, and Lawson who was in the
position that day, and was assigned to protect President Kennedy,to stay
behind at Love Field...

Ready was assigned that day to protect JFK...As Hill was assigned to protect JBK within the motorcade...

note Ready was a fairly new SSA a young SSA Rybka had just returned from an updated SS protect course, but also was left at Love...

http://www.jfklink.c...oryRoberts.html

#14 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:51 AM

Thanks B, a great read.

Larry

#15 Harold Martin

Harold Martin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Hi Robin,

What I believe or see in the synced films is the very slow reaction from Secret Service agents to the first two shots.  I am not sure if any of the SSA assigned to the motorcade gave evidence about the shots as it has been years since reading and reviewing the Warren Commission interviews.

Does anyone know if they evidenced the sound of "firecrackers" for the first two shots?

Harold

P.S.  Sorry if this is off topic.  It is unintentional.

#16 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

Several agents reported hearing the sound of firecrackers, including the most important agent, Jack Ready. From his obit in the Washington Post:

Jack Ready, a special agent in the U.S. Secret Service, thought he heard firecrackers as the presidential motorcade made its way past Dealey Plaza in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963. He realized his mistake when someone said that the president had been shot.

Attached File  JackReady.jpg   60KB   0 downloads

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#17 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

George Michael Evica's "The Surrounding Silence: The Terrible First Sound in Dealey Plaza," in the author's words, "analyzes reports of 130 witnesses who reported a 'roaring' explosion preceding the shooting and smoke and acrid powder smell on the knoll, and discusses the implications of this for the nature of the conspiracy and the conspirators." This paper was delivered in June, 1993, at the Second Research Conference of The Third Decade, in Providence, RI.

On another occasion George Michael described the subject of this essay thusly: "The terrible first sound heard by at least 130 witnesses as an explosion (rather than a rifle round) and what part it played in the Dealey Plaza security stripping and ambush of JFK.

To my knowledge, this lengthy paper is not available on-line.  It was published in the "Proceedings" of the Providence JFK conference.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#18 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

Here it is Charles, I hope...kbo..b

do a search at hood...PDF]
Item 05.pdf

jfk.hood.edu/Collection/.../T%20Disk/Third.../Item%2005.pdf‎

George Michael Evica, "The Surrounding Silence: The Terrible First Sound in Dealey Plaza,". Analyzes reports of 120 witnesses who reported a "roaring

#19 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thanks to Paul Rigby for originally posting the link to this article years ago: The Shadow of a Gunman. In Nix..for those interested..
http://www.cjr.org/f...nman.php?page=2

.b

#20 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:17 AM

Someone had asked how fast, the Limo was going when Hill was running, from what I have found searching, the Limo it is said when turning onto Elm was proceeding or had been at a speed of 25 mph, after the first shots, the limo slowed down to a near stop, to some witnesses it appeared that it had stopped, then as it proceeded onto the Overpass it was traveling at approximately 8 to 11 mph...I have also read that if so, then Mr.Hill was a better runner than whomever completed the 4 minute mile...if any further info comes up I will add...b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com