226 replies to this topic

#1 Stan Wilbourne

Stan Wilbourne

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Gerda Dunckel has an amazing YouTube channel, filled with original work.  I'll be posting some of that work as time permits.

Here is her study on "Dark Complected Man" - don't you just love all this JFK assassination monikers we have encountered over time?

This is an excellent study.  I don't know what "Dark Complected Man" and "Umbrella Man" were up to exactly on November 22, 1963, but it was no damn good.

crowd.gif

• Staffan H Westerberg likes this

#2 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

Hemming told me over breakfast in Dallas that DCM was "a Cuban we called 'the professor'" -- a linguist who taught the children of wealthy exiles.

Perhaps Greg can shed some light on Hemming's story.

• Vladi Barrosa likes this
"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#3 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

and DCM WALKED AWAY INTO HISTORY, WITH A RADIO WALKIE, IN HIS BACK POCKET...and was never seen again...thanks, great presentation by Gerda, ta..b

• Alan Ford likes this

#4 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hemming told me over breakfast in Dallas that DCM was "a Cuban we called 'the professor'" -- a linguist who taught the children of wealthy exiles.

Perhaps Greg can shed some light on Hemming's story.

Sorry, Charles. I don't recall what Hemming had to say to me, if anything, about this subject. Perhaps I didn't ask him. As I review my

digitized Hemming library I'll let you know if I run across anything of interest.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#5 James Richards

James Richards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

Charles, GPH told me quite a different story. He said that DCM was a close associate of his, a man he respected greatly.

Roy Hargraves told me it was Felipe Vidal Santiago, a man he had worked closely with and one of his closest friends. Hargraves said the same thing to Mary Ferrell.

FWIW.

#6 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

At this point it might as well have been Richard Pryor.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#7 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

At this point it might as well have been Richard Pryor.

I was thinking Ricky Ricardo.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#8 Lisa Kay

Lisa Kay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

If you believe James Files' story, he claims to be the grassy knoll shooter behind the fence, instructed only to shoot if and only if the other shooters shooting from the TSBD and the DalTex buildings missed. When Kennedy came into his line of fire, Files could see he had been hit but not fatally and not in the head. He was instructed to go for a head shot and so he took it. Perhaps the umbrella man and the DC man were signaling that JFK was still alive, keep shooting. I had heard somewhere that a raised fist in the air was just such a signal, and it looked to me that's what the DC man was doing.

#9 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

A raised open hand indicates to the driver of a vehicle to proceed -- the clenching of it into a fist indicates STOP now.

In any event, I do not buy the James Files story.

• Alan Ford likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#10 Lisa Kay

Lisa Kay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

A raised open hand indicates to the driver of a vehicle to proceed -- the clenching of it into a fist indicates STOP now.

In any event, I do not buy the James Files story.

I don't either. He claims he was the only person behind the fence, which does not line up with eye witnesses Lee Bowers and Ed Hoffman's stories. They claim to have seen two or three men.
  • Alan Ford likes this

#11 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

Files moved his position, behind the fence once too often and did himself in, also he drew a scetch,a view of the street from behind the fence, only trouble was he drew in a sign and it's pole which had not been there in 63, it had been moved there not too many years before when they re-arranged the signs and poles within Dealey...thanks..b
  • Alan Ford likes this

#12 Staffan H Westerberg

Staffan H Westerberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

I suspect the Kill Zone could of been between the newly painted yellow markings (2) on the curb (South side of Elm only). Perhaps the DCMs task was to signal to Greer where to stop the limo - between those yellow markings. A fist in the air is the infantrymans signal for Stop and the UMs task was maybe to signal for the Queen Mary and the rest of the motorcade to stop; I dont think the shooters needed to keep their eyes on an umbrella down the street to know when to fire, as some researchers have suggested. Being a former sniper I think it would be enough to keep the eye on the mark, there was no need for an umbrella. Consequently I believe JFK was the target of a military style X ambush. I dont (however) think the shooters were all familiar with shooting on moving targets; perhaps the shooters came from the different fractions of the men behind the murder with various skills.

#13 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Not to take away anything from Gerda's wonderful studies and her great talents with videos. but to give credit due where it should be re the research of DCM and UM the first research into these characters was presented as a whole done, by Jack White on Rich's forum, many years ago, I see nothing new within, but a much, much clearer view with the films used...another thanks Gerda.....

#14 Paul Harris

Paul Harris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

Perhaps DCM raised his fist in the air and stepped off of the curb into the street to draw the attention and eyes of the Secret Service agents towards him and away from JFK and the knoll?   

It would seen that a man with his fist raised in the air at a slight angle towards the motorcade would draw SS sttention to see if he was holding a gun, particularly a large man stepping off the curb into the street taking a step closer to the motorcade.

#15 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

Until I can see proof otherwise, I will continue to believe that a slowing or stopping of the JFK Limousine on Elm St on 11/22/63 was likely a reaction by SS Agent Greer to the activities of DCM by the curb.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#16 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

Perhaps DCM raised his fist in the air and stepped off of the curb into the street to draw the attention and eyes of the Secret Service agents towards him and away from JFK and the knoll?   

It would seen that a man with his fist raised in the air at a slight angle towards the motorcade would draw SS sttention to see if he was holding a gun, particularly a large man stepping off the curb into the street taking a step closer to the motorcade.

Why? Are you suggesting that he was distracting them by drawing their attention away from (where you presume was) the source of the shots behind the grassy knoll? If that was the plan, then he should have stood

across the street from the grassy knoll on the south side of Elm--perhaps next to Mary Moorman & Jean Hill. If anything, his location drew attention toward the grassy knoll not away from it.

DCM.jpg

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#17 Paul Harris

Paul Harris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Why? Are you suggesting that he was distracting them by drawing their attention away from (where you presume was) the source of the shots behind the grassy knoll? If that was the plan, then he should have stood

across the street from the grassy knoll on the south side of Elm--perhaps next to Mary Moorman & Jean Hill. If anything, his location drew attention toward the grassy knoll not away from it.

DCM.jpg

HI Greg,

And thanks for the reply.  Would you want to be standing on the southside of Elm Street with potential errant bullets coming out you from the knoll, TSBDB, or even the Daltex?  I'm not sure if the members of the ground crew  non-shooters knew the exact placements of the shooters, but I think they had enough knowledge not to be on the southside of Elm St to avoid being hit themsleves.

I'm not positive what DCM's actions were all about, be it as  a sign to continue shooting, stop shooting or to draw the attention of the SS to him rather than JFK or the knoll, or possible something else.  I do think his actions during the motorcade and after the shooting, sitting on the curb next to the UM with what appears to be a radio in pocket while other people were running to the knoll or  laying down, lead me to believe he had some involvement in the assassination.

BTW, very nice site you have set up Greg. Very nice!

#18 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

I didn't realize that was your first post, Paul. Welcome to the Forum!

While I won't debate your hypothesis further, I do take exception to your reasoning regarding his position.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#19 Paul Harris

Paul Harris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the welcome Greg! 

I'm curious as to what you think the DCM's actions where all about?

#20 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

I don't have an "opinion" beyond the certainly that he was involved in some way. The signal to STOP (clenched fist) is

not coincidental, serendipitous, innocuous or irrelevant. IMO: He was not a mere distraction, no matter "were" he was

standing.

• Larry Trotter likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Complected Man, Gerda Dunckel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com