13 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Staff

Admin Staff

Admin Staff

• Administrators
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

This is from the AssassinationOfJFK.net YouTube Channel

*Founding Member of the AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum John Costella takes a close look at the Zapruder Film:

John Costella and the Zapruder Film

*Founding Member Doug Horne has an important published article on AssassinationOfJFK.net - our home site.  It is linked below for your viewing convenience:

Doug Horne - The Two NPIC Zapruder Film Events: Signposts Pointing to the Film’s Alteration

#2 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Part one:
  • Mark de Valk likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#3 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

From former Secret Service agent Marty Venker's book;'' Confessions of an Ex Secret Service Agent'' pages 24 and 25..

''in Secret Service School we'd also watch films of real life assassinations. Naturally the featured attraction was the home movie

Abraham Zapruder shot in Dallas on Nov.22./63..THEY SHOWED YOU THE GRUESOME VERSION THAT THE PUBLIC USUALLY DIDN'T SEE WHERE PARTS OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY'S BRAIN SPRAYED ALL OVER JACKIE....Again and again I WATCHED THAT FILM...The Instructors didn't want us to ever forget it..

.Yet Jackie does appear to be quite clean in the ''Snapper Zapper'' we see........

b

#4 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

From ''Murder From Within' 'Newcomb and Adams...page 129..''Also on Friday evening Forrest Sorrels did a frame by frame study of the Zapruder film in his Dallas Office according to Dallas Postal Inspector Harry D Holmes who was present  '' we thumbed ( through)  that thing for an hour or more push(ing) it up one  frame at a time .........b

#5 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Whether you agree or not with Mr. Sprague’s analysis of six shots or

Perhaps think there were more, the information on the Zapruder film he relates, I found very interesting.

The Zapruder Film

Excerpt from Richard E. Sprague’s article of “”MAY 1970””

in “Computers and Automation”.

Quote: “Of all the photographs taken in Dealey Plaza on November 22.1963, when President Kennedy was assassinated, the color movie sequence of some 480 frames taken by Abraham Zapruder is the most important.

It shows from the right hand side of the motorcade the entire sequence of events, from President Kennedy ROUNDING THE CURVE FROM HOUSTON ST. ONTO ELM ST. through all the shooting , until the big presidential limousine left with it’s dead president going under the triple overpass. This film almost by itself, with careful, scientific analysis, establishes the times of five of the shots.

The Warren Commission received the original of the Zapruder film to look at, on loan from Life magazine which bought it from Zapruder.

From that time on the film was not publicly shown, but remained in the locked files of Life. But a direct copy of the original was subpoenaed and shown NINE times by Asst. District Attorney Alvin Oser in New Orleans in February 1969, at the trial of Clay Shaw. The judge, the jury, the newspaper reporters, and the spectators in the court room all became convinced that Oser and Garrison had demonstrated a conspiracy to kill President Kennedy.

When one sees and studies in detail the Zapruder film in its clear version and examines the other photographs showing the effects of the shots, one becomes convinced of two statements.

1: There were six shots, of which five hit persons in the Kennedy car: of these five the first went through the throat of President Kennedy: the second struck Kennedy in the back: the third struck Governor Connally in the right shoulder: the fourth and fifth hit President Kennedy almost simultaneously in the head and blew out his brains. The remaining shot missed and hit a curbstone on Main St.

2: The last of the five shots ( coming from the grassy knoll area) and one of the two fatal shots, struck Kennedy from the front and to the right, hurling his head to the left and backwards with great force, in accordance with the laws of physics.

Either one of these statements renders impossible the Warren Commissions Report’s conclusion, that only three shots were fired, the second one missing entirely and striking the curb of Main Street.

Obviously, if there was a conspiracy, it becomes vitally necessary to prevent the American people from seeing the Zapruder film, clear and complete, and especially in motion. For over six years, except in New Orleans, this has been achieved....”” end of quote.

Now as we know bootleg copies were made from the one in Jim Garrison’s possession…many…..they were distributed among college students and also sold from 10.00 to 50.00 in the U.S Mr.Sprague goes on to say.” Many of these bootleg copies, because of lack of clarity, do not demonstrate the first statement, but they do demonstrate the second, the backward thrust.

Now Mr. Sprague mentions that The film shows the right hand turn of the limo onto Houston from Elm St. in 1970 ,a matter of months after the showing in N.Os.…apparently within the copies of the Zapruder and what was seen back in 1969, the turn was there and included within the film. .Which has now completely disappeared from any copies that we see today..

Life magazine could have earned millions from showing the Zapruder film. Had they made it available, within three days, of showing widespread on Television, every person within the United States along with other Countries of the world, would have been able to have seen for themselves that more than three shots took place that dark afternoon in Dealey Plaza, which then would have shown the Warren Commission for what it was a cover-up..

So Life Magazine locked the film up, thereby creating for themselves the title of guilt by association in the interest of those involved within
the coup d’etat.

B.

#6 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

JFKresearch Assassination Forum
Photographic Evidence => Zapruder Film => Topic started by: Bernice Moore on September 02, 2007, 11:17 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Two Different Versions of the Zapruder Film
Post by: Bernice Moore on September 02, 2007, 11:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Two Different Versions of the Zapruder Film"

Some Information from:

"The Radical Right and the Murder of John F Kennedy"…2004

Harrison E.Livingstone's view..on the film..

Page 193..4 & 5

Quote: "A film of the assassination was created for public consumption as a propaganda film. That film is known as the Zapruder film, named after Abraham Zapruder -----one of the amateur camera persons in Dealey Plaza who filmed portions of the assassination.

...The film was altered in haste, and later further alterations were made as needed upon discovery of problems with the films...... Zapruder points out in his testimony to the Warren Commission that he was concerned about altered frames as a book of pictures ostensibly from his film were shown to him...

Quote :"We sure would like to know how his testimony was manipulated or excised..

“A major edit of the film occurs at (frame) 132 in the transition to frame 133. One half-block of the motorcade was removed as the limousine rounded the corner from Houston onto Elm.
We do not see this and the portion is gone that would have shown how the shots began and the fact that the limo stopped. A similar phenomena occurs in at least six other films where the same journey of the limo has been removed."

Zapruder Film:

http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/

Dr.John Costello …Single Zapruder frames..

http://www.assassina...arch.com/zfilm/

Quote: page 194..

"My investigation has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Zapruder never stopped his camera at that point, as he repeatedly told people, and that the film was cut and optically reframed so that there is no splice. Optical reframing is the method used when a film receives " special effects" or is altered. As is explained in my book on the film, "The Hoax of the Century", there are no flash frames or evidence of "first frame over exposure" at Z-133, the transition from the three motorcycles leading the motorcade to the limousine, and it is a jump cut. I have interviewed a leading film expert in the world as well as the inventors of the camera who were trying to prevent such flash frames, and it is a certainty that the camera always produced them when it was stopped and then restarted .We do not see them at this crucial transition from one scene to another in the film.

It is reasonable that there was another person operating a camera close by Zapruder with essentially the same perspective, perhaps in the "pill box" just behind Zapruder in the pergola. This film was the one that was flown to Kodak in Rochester N.Y, as testimony indicates ,altered, and Zapruder's film disappeared later on. During the massive shell game that was played with Zapruder's film before it was developed in Dallas. the other film was already in the air. Or, as I elsewhere suggested, it was being developed in either the Hester’s lab, or in a mobil film lab somewhere”. Off Quote.

Marilyn Sitzman, Charles and Beatrice Hester were filmed by Abraham Zapruder shortly before the motorcade arrived…..the same Charles Hester owned “Commercial Photography”…….
A Robert and Pat Hester were part owners, along with Fritz and Helen Holland of a company called “The National Film Company”……
The daughter of Robert & Pat Hester, Vicky Mayne who worked in the lab, of TNFC, told Harrison Livingstone that had actually developed numerous films and photographs, including photos taken of the President’s body at Parkland. ..upon which seeing, she threw up…She also mentioned that she helped develop the Zapruder film….

Below from “Killing The Truth” H.E Livingstone..

Vickie Mayne : Page 511

“ Vickie Mayne was sixteen on the day that John Kennedy died. She helped
do the work in her parents film lab when the Secret Service brought in
all the photos, films, and the Zapruder film they had rounded up in
Dealey Plaza. She told me that she had seen the photographs of
Kennedy's body taken at Parkland Hospital, a fact that no outsider was
aware of. She remembered this with great clarity because she threw up
upon seeing them. What else could make her throw up but pictures of a
dead body and terrible wounds?

Two couples owned the lab, the National Photo Company, and the Secret
Service supposedly allowed them to retain copies of all the pictures
they developed that day. If this is true, it would seem an unlikely
scenario that the Secret Service conspired to kill President Kennedy.
Another interpretation is that the passing of copies to outside
witnesses was for their S.Ss own protection. Some of
the Secret Service agents had testified to other guns and the sounds of
pistols. They must have known it was a conspiracy, and their later
descriptions of the wounds were not in line with the Warren Commission
story.

In any event, the home of Vickie Mayne's parents burned down some time
later, and the treasure trove in it---if that is where it was----burned
with it. "There were hundreds and hundreds of rolls of film," she told
me.Mayne said the fire was determined to be arson. Healey told me
that he knew of the trove and that Mayne's parents had, had this
material. Vickie told me that her family still had the materials when
her mother died in June 1987.
Her parents were Robert and Pat (Edna) Hester. The other couple was
Fritz and Helen Holland, both deceased and leaving no children.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Harry recalls information given to him in Dallas, by a confidential informant who seemed
to have significant knowledge on all aspects of the case.

He uses the alias “George Healey” in the book...

from Page: 537.”Killing the Truth”.

Quote On: “Healey told me something I had heard from others. I had asked him if
anyone knew the whole story who was alive.
There are only two people
left alive that have most of the story. Nobody has the whole picture
because that's not the way it was designed. It was the need-to-know
factor. Probably only two people still living that can corroborate what
you are seeking. Not myself."
"Who are they? Who knows what happened?"
"Lady Bird Johnson, I think, is one." He hesitated and said, "J.
Walter Moore, the CIA guy in Dallas, told me he'll never talk."
"Does he know anything?"
"Yes." Moore died in 1993.
"Was Mac Wallace one of the shooters?"
"Maybe, I don't know that he was or wasn't."
"The Zapruder film could very well be a forgery," Healey said with
a knowing tone in his voice.
If the original never left Dallas and the
forgery was done right there before Life and the Secret Service got
their copies that would explain a lot of things. " Quote Off..

From Page: 540

Quote on : "“at the end of the plot, when John Kennedy was dead, power had passed to
the Secret Team, the operational hand of The Club. From that moment on,
elected government in the United States had a lot less meaning.

A keystone of the murder was faked evidence, and that included the films
and photographs. Not only were the autopsy pictures and X-rays forged,
but also the Zapruder and other films may have been tampered with. A
reliable source told me that he doesn't think Life ever had the original
Zapruder film. "Numerous copies were made," he told me.""

"The copies were distributed as follows:
1. FBI lab.
2. Dallas FBI office.
3. Washington, D.C., FBI office.
4. Henry Wade
5. Dallas Police
6. & 7. One copy each for the two couples who owned the film lab.
8. Secret Service copy.
9. Somewhere along the line, H.L. Hunt had his copy from the start.
That's ten.
Zapruder and ultimately, Life had what they thought was the original.

Anyone who doesn't think that law enforcement would copy and keep
copies
of such sensational evidence is naive. The Zapruder film was obtained
at once by the conspirators and forged. The large hole extending into
the back of Kennedy's head was blacked out to mask this exit wound,
and
a large, fleshy exit wound was painted onto the film on Kennedy's face.
A new "original" was struck from the fake film. It took very little time to
doctor the few frames involved.

George Healey said that he SAW pictures in Washington, D.C., of John
Kennedy's body taken at Parkland before the body was taken to the
autopsy in Maryland.
This was the fourth person who told us he or she saw these pictures.
Along with Joe Cody, Vicky Mayne, and one other.
We know they were taken at Parkland because some saw them before the body
ever reached Washington.
Joe Cody later denied that he saw such photographs.
Somebody could have used a small spy camera a Minox to
take them, and Diana Bowron and others never saw the pictures being taken."
Quote Off.....

End of information from “Killing the Truth”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
“The Radical Right”…Livingstone.

Page 194..

Two Different Filmed Versions of the Assassination:

Livingstone Quote On:" The Zapruder film shows events not present in other films. For instance, Clint Hill testified:
that he ran after the limousine when the shots began, and catching hold of the handle on the rear of the car, he crawled on his knees onto the trunk and grabbed at Jacqueline Kennedy ,who had crawled out on the trunk presumably to retrieve a portion of her husband's head. The Nix film shows him with his arms around her placing her in the back seat.

He stated that he saw the back of the president's head lying in the back seat.""

Clint Hill Quote:"" The rear portion of his head was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed ....There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head..
Mrs. Kennedy had jumped up from the seat and was. It appeared to me, reaching for something
Coming off the right rear bumper of the car, the right rear tail, when she noticed that I was trying to climb on the car.
She turned to me and I grabbed her and put her back in the back seat, crawled up on top of the back seat and lay there....""

2H 141, 6H 290 :HSCA Report 235"" Hill: Quote Off.

" We do not see Hill put his arms around Mrs. Kennedy in the Zapruder film, but instead see him only reach towards her outstretched hand. At the moment their fingers seem to almost, touch. Mrs. Kennedy turns and gets back into her seat without his help .One might conclude the film was altered before Hill testified in 1964. Others might think that Hill is mistaken, but not when the films show entirely different scenes. Again, the weight of evidence takes into account the pattern in all of the instances of conflict we describe here.”…Livingstone Quote Off..

Warren Commission: Clint Hill

http://jfkassassinat...mony/hill_c.htm

Original Report: Clint Hill

http://jfkassassinat...ony/sa-hill.htm

Nix Film:

http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/

Nix Films

http://www.youtube.c...m&search=Search

Livingstone Quote On: ""There may be more films in conflict with what we have seen. Such as the film taken by the Babushka Lady. This has not been seen by anyone outside of the government and would show different events.

Quote :”This film was used by the FBI to reconstruct the crime in their headquarters in Washington .Readers are referred to the exposition of the facts from the FBI report and exhibit in my "Killing Kennedy and the Hoax of the Century." Livingstone..
Many people have insisted that the limousine stopped or slowed way down. This is not what we see in the films....."....End Quote.

There are 4 versions produced on DVD by Robert Groden [one of which he calls pristine'], or the illustration concerning what appears to be 4 different versions of the Zapruder-film in Dr.Jim Fetzer's 'Hoax,' is also another distinct possibility..

I think Livingstone, may be referring to the area in Zapruder's testimony where
he is very halting and questioning. This was July 22/64.. the authorities had, had
the opportunity to have spoken to him, many times during the previous 8 months. He had also been previously interviewed (prepped) before he appeared before them giving his testimony as the other witnesses had also.......but he was still very hesitant in certain areas...

""Mr. ZAPRUDER. Yes. This is where he came in from Houston Street and turned there.

Mr. LIEBELER. Yes; and they are going down Elm Street now?

Mr. ZAPRUDER. Yes; this is before--this shouldn't be there the--shot wasn't fired, was it?
You can't tell from here?

Mr. LIEBELER (no response).

Mr. ZAPRUDER. I believe it was closer down here where it happened. Of course, on the film
they could see better but you take an 8 millimeter and you enlarge it in color or in black
and white, you lose a lot of detail. I wish I had an enlarger here for you.

Mr. LIEBELER. In any event, frame No. 185 does look like it's one of the frames, sir?""

He also in his first statement made reference to the shot coming from behind him, but of course Liebeler wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole...and turns it..words all ,so that the replies are the simple yes....in seemingly dangerous areas.

Zapruder also mentions how he saw the first shot hit JFK; we certainly do not see that now by any means. As he is hidden behind the Stemmons Sign…

He stated "I heard the first shot and I saw the President lean over and grab himself like this (holding his left chest area).(he seems to make this clear and then that JFK put his hands up to his throat, but that the President's first reaction was this left area ?? (the back shot reaction ??)

But as we know the WC inaccurately asserts, in effect, that Zapruder did not see
what he saw...because it would have meant that he saw the President hit before the sign..

That is what his testimony in itself strongly suggests a hit before Frame 210 and therefore JFK
would still be not visible to a rifleman in the 6th floor window...they chose to ignore it...hopefully
cover it up..

Zapruder testimony :Warren Commission:

http://jfkassassinat...ny/zapruder.htm

Shaw Trial:

1: http://jfkassassinat...ruder_shaw1.htm

2: http://jfkassassinat...ruder_shaw2.htm

Zapruder’s partner Irwin Schwartz, saw the film immediately with Abraham that day when it was available....at the TV Station, he states in the video, “Image of and Assassination: A New Look at the Zapruder Film", 1998…

....It was so clear and such a professional looking film, that he could hardly believe that Zapruder took such....there was no jiggling mentioned…… no imperfections, in fact he cannot say enough about how perfect it was....

The first real problem with the film I have wondered, could have been and also that prevails today, was when the FBI had constructed a scale model of Dealey in the basement of the WC headquarters, or so the story goes...

They also had set up a screen and a projector, so that members of the staff could
view the films and other data...on Jan.27th.64 the staff went through a frame by frame study of the Zapruder film, this is said to be their first viewing, they saw the President smiling and waving then suddenly he is hit.. and I have read from one to four seconds later Connally….. then the fatal shot to J.F.K, but as we know the shots were not evenly spaced.....and the big Zapruder Hoax was on and being invented..could be..??..

Then again, LHO was gotten rid of within two days, so was the fix in for the lone assassin right from the start.?..But not to worry, Mr. Specter saved the day anyway and created the Magic Bullet...so imo it did not matter what problems arose, they were prepared and able to fudge them all or so they thought..because after all the people do not read..according to Dulles……..…….

B

#7 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Brings back memories, Beans. KUTGW

GO_SECURE

monk

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#8 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

I would be remiss not to publicly commend Greg Burnham and Doug Horne for their groundbreaking work regarding the Zapruder film. I look forward to frequenting this site and recommending it to my friends. Bravo! A true breath of fresh air!

#9 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

My sincere apology to John Costella for inadvertently omitting your name. You Sir have performed a tremendous public service to which I and many others are grateful.

#10 Joseph Backes

Joseph Backes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

I'd like to ask, is this forum endorsing everything that John Costella has said about the Zapruder film being a forgery? If the answer is yes, does that include the comments Fetzer has made too? Are you guys separating out Fetzer's ideas from Costella's? Or is it left to the individual to make of it what he or she will? 

Thanks,

Joe 

#11 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

I'd like to ask, is this forum endorsing everything that John Costella has said about the Zapruder film being a forgery? If the answer is yes, does that include the comments Fetzer has made too? Are you guys separating out Fetzer's ideas from Costella's? Or is it left to the individual to make of it what he or she will? 

Thanks,

Joe 

Joe,

John's work "is what it is and speaks for itself". The members are free to evaluate it for themselves, comment, criticize, agree or otherwise. Jim Fetzer is not a member here and has not been invited to join.

Because of the long shared history between John and I -- completely separate from his or my relationship with Fetzer -- he agreed to be a Founding Member. Such "stature" doesn't mean that he is not

subject to critical review. Jim and I know that we clash more often than not these days and that is not conducive to productive research. Even if you don't agree with Fetzer, Joe, let's not employ Guilt by

Association when studying John's work.

I certainly don't give blanket endorsements of someone's work, in the sense that it includes everyone with whom they have associated in the past. 

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#12 Joseph Backes

Joseph Backes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

No, I'm not implying anything.  I was just asking where the lines were, if there were any.  

I'm not aware of any history between you and John Costella.  

Responding to a village idiot has taken up a lot of my time.  

#13 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

No, I'm not implying anything.  I was just asking where the lines were, if there were any.  

I'm not aware of any history between you and John Costella.  

Responding to a village idiot has taken up a lot of my time.  

John and I have been friends for over a decade. My wife and I have visited him and his wife in Australia more than once and he and his wife have visited us here in San Diego,

as well. We also met up in Dallas last year and spent a nice time with them there, too.

I'm confused. Who is the village idiot? I hope they aren't a member here since ad homs are prohibited.  :D

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#14 Bernice Moore

Bernice Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Information from Peggy Burney, a witness and Vivian Castleberry, a reporter....both from Dallas..results are, more questions re the Snappy Zappy cartoon.....FYI..

From the Dallas Times Herald, 11/23/63

""I SAW HIM DIE............ WOMAN CRIES..""

(Editor's Note: Mrs. Burney, head of the shipping department at Jennifer Juniors, was in the crowd at the corner of Main and Houston. She saw the President die. Here is her report.)..

BY PEGGY BURNEY

I saw the President die. I was standing at the curb on Elm about a third the way from Houston Street near the overpass..When the President's car made the curve around the corner, he was smiling and waving..
"" He was not standing, as I heard some reports say later. He was sitting, but he was happy and Jackie was happy and smiling as they passed. The car had passed about 15 feet beyond me when I heard the first shot. I did not realize it was a shot; I thought it was a backfire. The President ducked; instinctively I told myself "something is happening," but nobody knew what. Then I heard a second shot. I noticed that Jackie didn't duck - I could no longer see the President..
The car momentarily stopped, then veered slightly to the right and speeded off..
People around me were screaming; some were falling to the ground. I could not tell whether they were hit, or not - or just dodging. There was pandemonium. Everybody realized that the shots were coming from up high. People were running around cars and jumping over things..
Soon, all the buildings around here were locked - including ours. Squad cars converged. There must have been a hundred of them right away..
My employer, Mr. (Abe) Zapruder was making a movie at the time it happened. He is still with the Secret Service men. As soon as we were inside the building before any reports on the condition of the President, Mr. Zapruder had already told us ...
"The President of the United States is dead." We saw him die...""

Note: the Editor gives Peggy's location as being different that what she relates..?

(Editor, corner of Houston and Main)..Peggy states she was on the curb on Elm, about a third of the way from Houston near the overpass..?
Peggy Burney - See Dallas Times Herald 11/22/63 page 19; Dallas Times Herald 11/23/63 page 10; Also Six Seconds in Dallas (270) Witness to assassination standing on Main Street 1/3 way from Houston overpass.

Vivian Castleberry. (1922 - ) Ms. Castleberry was the women's page editor of the Dallas Times-Herald for twenty-eight years beginning in 1956. She broke new ground with exposés of a county foster home and stories about battered women, child abuse, and incest at a time when most newspapers ignored such issues. She was the first woman named to the Times-Herald editorial board. Castleberry has won numerous awards, including two state (Texas) UPI awards and two J.C. Penney/University of Missouri awards…..She was also Peggy Burney’s cousin….
Snip:

"But after I got back, I got a telephone call from my first cousin who was the assistant to Abraham Zapruder who took the photographs of the assassination. And when Peggy got on the phone, she said to me, "Vivian, I saw a president die today." I said, "Peggy, don't say another word until I put a piece of paper in the typewriter." And I got her first-person story through sobs. And it never saw the light of day. And this was a woman who was standing at Zapruder's left elbow while he was handling the camera, and she was holding the extra film, and she was holding, you know, the tape, and she was doing all these things.
Kasper: And you think it didn't make the paper just because there was so—
Castleberry: Oh, there was too much. There was too much volume. Just too much. I don't think that was anything that was calculated or it certainly wasn't done to—it was just a good story that never saw the light of day. ""

http://npc.press.org...al/cast2b.htm..

Vivian Castleberry & Peggy Burney

On Saturday Nov. 20th 1993...there was a conference in Dallas, as well as the ASK symposium, at the Southern Methodist University called " Reporter's Remember: 11/22/63.

Below is from a little book that was printed in relation to the conference..
Published by Darwin Payne
"Reporting the Kennedy Assassination".
Page 55..

""Vivian Castleberry:

“Because when I got back finally at three o'clock that afternoon at the paper, it was bedlam and it was organized chaos at the Times Herald. But about between 3 and 4 o'clock, I had a telephone call from a first cousin. And her first words to me were, "Today I saw the President die.” And I said "Peggy don't say another word until I put a piece of paper in my typewriter." And she quoted to me almost in exact detail what Mary (Woodward) has already told you.
The interesting thing was that Peggy was Abe Zapruder's direct assistant, and so far as I know she was never interviewed by the Warren Commission.( no she was not) She was standing next to him when he took the famous film and was holding some of his camera equipment even while he did it. I thought that was a fascinating detail that maybe you would be interested in.""

Also from Sheldon Inkol "The Fourth Decade" Jan.94..vol no.2..Who was present at the "Reporters Remember" Conference.

Having slipped away from ASK..
Vivian Castleberry: Dallas Times Herald revealed that her first cousin, Peggy Burney, was Abraham Zapruder's assistant ...."And was next to him when he shot his famous film, she called and said, "Vivian, today I saw the President die." Castleberry's statement went unchallenged..
Sheldon Inkol also, in an email, has mentioned, that she seemed to have left immediately after all the presentations, that she was not present and he does not know if any of the others managed to speak with her..

B

Florida Prof Unearths Sixth Floor Museum Talks by Dallas Journo Legend Vivian Castleberry

http://blogs.dallaso...hs_sixth_fl.php

BTW I noticed on another link in Google, that she has just celebrated her 90th birthday, i did try to contact her ten years ago, but received no reply, she was 80 at the time and I was told she was not well, so I did not bother her again...b also I have never been able to locate any further information on, Peggy Burney...I was hoping, that through Vivian I may have been able to trace Peggy, but it was not to be....b

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zapruder Film, John Costella

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)
Web Work by: XmasZen.com