5 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

I ask that anyone who feels this thing--or even who has felt this thing--to remember why they feel it. Do they shed a tear for JFK because he was a beloved leader? Because he was a charismatic and affable President? Do we feel anguish because we lost his wit and his charm? Do we cry for the loss of his sense of humor during news conferences? Do we miss his qualities of compassion? Do we mourn the passing of one so young who possibly saved the world from nuclear holocaust?

Or is it more than that?

I want to know why we let die that which he was leading us to accomplish? I want to know who will stand up and refuse to allow his vision to remain in the grave with him? I want to know how it is that we were fooled into believing that what he stood for was assassinated with him the day he died?

The answers to those questions are far more important to me than is the answer to the question: "Who done it?"

His mission was to empower all of us to a better way. That he was killed was the price he paid to leave us with that legacy. But it is the human legacy, not the Kennedy legacy, with which he gifted us.

When shall we embrace it if not now?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Guest_Darren Hastings_*

Guest_Darren Hastings_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:28 AM

Why, you ask. Not why was JFK killed, BUT why does it matter to us 51 years later? A question which causes one to question ones self repeatedly.

Not so much for what he did, but for what he would have done.

#3 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

Greg, you display a graceful ability to frame your question(s) in the precise rhetorical cadence of one of two presidents deemed unacceptable by the dark matter of power, the second, John F. Kennedy, the first, Abraham Lincoln, each of whom might have led the nation into a wholeness of spirit, striking the weapons of hate from those who resisted history.

Revisiting the so-called Cuban Missile Crisis we see at every turn our generals and admirals demanded an attack and invasion which would have shovelled us all into the furnace.

At the time--and to this day--that military, with its intelligence counterpart, all the players of the U.S. projection (see Thy Will Be Done, Colby & Dennett, 1994) sought to blast him from the stage.

The quibble of bullets and trajectories was dismissed by Judge with his "from the Pentagon" final punctuation.

It does not end in Dallas, nor did it begin there.  Dulles & Dulles and other facilitators scuttling across the sea bed on behalf of clients unknown.

Unknown the reasons for The Arab Spring, the arming of yesterday's War on Terror enemies for tomorrow's contention in the Orwellian quadrilateral.

He was a man of peace with a restless intellect and a talent to lead despite a ready life of liesure.

He saw a duty, an obligation.

As I've said, I was a member of Young Americans for Freedom that William F. Buckley organization, and I went to the organization's convention in New York City under our regional organizer Dick Allen http://www.firstprin...ticle=886&loc=r to draft Barry Goldwater.

I had foreseen a series of Kennedy-Goldwater debates akin to the Lincoln-Douglas events in which the people would experience the clash of ideas within the concept of limits, a term of my later political science department head Dr. George A. Lipsky.

I learned with the assassination--and in the instant of the (painted blob) outrage of Abraham Zapruder there was no concept of limits.

Cutting to the chase, we are at war--Charles states it periodically in eloquent fashion.  I simply understand the world of the political science seminar cannot explain or account for the assassination of the 35th president, followed by those of Malcolm Little later Malik al-Shabazz, Reverand Dr. Martin Luther King, Senator and likely president Robert F. Kennedy.

As Sibel Edmond (Confidential Woman)  notes, partisanism is a delusion and our freedom is in jeopardy from a treasonous and corrupt cancer consuming the federal government.

I repeatedly observe a government-media-academe device suppressing truth and promoting the propaganda of a ruthless cognoscenti powered by pervasive technology and unfettered thanks to sweeping national security legislation based on serial false-flag operations.

John F. Kennedy is well explained vis-a-vis defense by Doug Horne, and foreign policy especially Third World nations by Jim DiEugenio on that subject--the president was against the grain of the military-intelligence-corporate business model.

More importantly, he encouraged a freeing of the human spirit from the constraints of poverty, famine, thirst, disease--hence those who wished to keep energy dear and population low despised him.

He sought to reach behind the Iron Curtain and converse with the Khrushchev who sought slightly less guns and more butter--and certainly no further dangerous brushes with Midnight.

Those who crave power need fear and hate comity.  They require chaos, strife, riot, brushfire war, arms trade, drug trade, and eternal battle for oil.

Let us refuse to allow his agency for human understanding to be cast as unrealistic, our demand for justice some romantic pursuit.

Most of all he was a man of reason and compassion, not first reacting with force but rather persuasion.

The enemy is vulnerable to truth, to logic, to demonstrable hypothesis.

Such a dark and vile agency will always take the low road.

It cannot bear the light of actual circumstance.

Slander and deceit are its stock in trade.

Which makes it ridiculously fragile.

While it sweeps through

strewing its chaff

we stand and

deliver.

#4 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

Phil wrote:

"Those who crave power need fear and hate comity. They require chaos, strife, riot, brushfire war, arms trade, drug trade, and eternal battle for oil.

Let us refuse to allow his agency for human understanding to be cast as unrealistic, our demand for justice some romantic pursuit.

Most of all he was a man of reason and compassion, not first reacting with force but rather persuasion.

The enemy is vulnerable to truth, to logic, to demonstrable hypothesis.

Such a dark and vile agency will always take the low road.

It cannot bear the light of actual circumstance.

Slander and deceit are its stock in trade.

Which makes it ridiculously fragile.

While it sweeps through

strewing its chaff

we stand and

deliver."

--------------

I can't do better than this passage.

I agree whole heartedly.

Reject the bull,

and Stand

and Deliver...

Jim

#5 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:47 AM

Organizations dedicated to acknowledging outstanding public service--such as, the police officer who rescues a child from an armed assailant, the fireman who re-enters a burning building to bring an elderly woman out safely, the first responders who attend to the injured before the area has been cleared of more potential threats--recognize that heroes are those who protect citizens from harm by sacrificing themselves so that others may live.

But in business and politics it works backwards. Corporate Executives, Upper Level Managers and Elected Officials are rewarded for sacrificing others in order to promote themselves.

A true leader accepts reward, promotion or recognition humbly, and only when their effort directly results in the advancement of the interests of those being led.

A true leader sacrifices himself, if necessary, so that those in his charge may thrive.

JFK made the ultimate sacrifice so that We the People may again be empowered.

Obama accepted a Nobel Peace Prize while he waged war with two countries.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

Not so much for what he did, but for what he would have done.

Not so much for what he would have then done, but for what he would now have us do!

• Barry Keane likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A leader, JFK, Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com