34 replies to this topic

#21 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:15 AM

Perhaps Mr. Hastings should go hide near the bunker at Witjira National Park, Oodnadatta SA 5734, Australia. It is a safe haven--for now--and not far from home.

• caszzister and JosephCap like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#22 Guest_Darren Hastings_*

Guest_Darren Hastings_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:38 AM

Appreciate you looking out for me boss.....but that is just too remote (even for me) AND I'll be too far from my workshop and toys. I have a plenty suitable bunker right here. Excuse my shortness, I have guests coming for the weekend and I'm preparing!

Not sure if I should broach the Jodie Foster topic with them? Perhaps after Trivial Pursuit tomorrow night :lol:

Ciao!

#23 Guest_Darren Hastings_*

Guest_Darren Hastings_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:40 AM

Perhaps Mr. Hastings should go hide near the bunker at Witjira National Park, Oodnadatta SA 5734, Australia. It is a safe haven--for now--and not far from home.

Just quickly, I did drive kinda near there once on my way north. Wow. What space. No wonder you blokes put a big space monitoring station in the Alice.

#24 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

A better location is the one in Houston. Not Texas, of course!

I have a "Highlander Buddy" in Renfrewshire who frequents The Paper Shop across the street from the Houston Inn on North St.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#25 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Does anyone recall the name of the Australian military (navy, I think) officer who until recently held moderator status at another,not-to-be-named JFK forum (the term "re-education" may help you guess)?  He was, without question, an assigned agent provocateur.  

Greg and/or Phil may recall the name of this half-ass operator.

Bald.  Arrogant,  Ignorant.  Always crying foul when one of his provocations was outed.

I just don't understand why he came to mind ...

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#26 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:17 PM

Eponymous with the victim of the moonlight canoe ride?

• Jim Hackett II likes this

#27 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

Nope.  Not the Rat from Rio.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#28 Tom Scully

Tom Scully

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

The is an example of deep political insight I assume. You're a waste of time, Dragon. Go back to pondering something deep like why cows sleep standing up, I'm busy preparing my nuclear holocaust bunker and studying common interwebs fallacies here! :lol:

Darren, you started this thread. I do not know you, but my reaction to what you are doing is that you intended to provoke. No research to contribute, merely a zinger of a thread, thinly disguised as a sincere question. Why attempt it, here?

The President of the United States was assassinated, and it follows, so does his reputation and legacy continue to be subjected to assassination. Bullets felled the man,  but does actual evidence fell his reputation?

So, why are you at this, why do it, and then portray yourself as the "victim''. (It is slightly possible your thread's premise seems novel to you, but.....)

I am tired of looking under rocks, and you seem like a rock! An example.:

#255406 JFK's teen mistress addresses relationship

'Tom Scully', on 17 Jun 2012 - 6:45 PM, said:snapback.png

Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

'Tom Scully', on 17 Jun 2012 - 6:45 PM, said:snapback.png

Mimi discloses that the first person she unloads on, in 1991, is her dear old friend and former roommate Marnie, the daughter of Robert Douglas Stuart, Jr. :

Once Upon a Secret: My Affair With President John F. Kennedy and ... - Page 119

books.google.comMimi Alford - 2012 - 208 pages - Preview
We even went swimming in the White Ilousc pool, which is when they met the President. ... In shorl order, he had changed into a bathing suit and was floating alongside Marnie and Wendy, asking about their summer jobs, whether they were ..
Once Upon a Secret: My Affair With President John F. Kennedy and ... - Page 168

books.google.comMimi Alford - 2012 - 208 pages - Preview
Marnie didn't say a word as I played back the aI'I'air with President Kennedy. She was the best kind oI't'rien(I, ..

Obituary 5 -- No Title ................

http://blog.tomroese...as-misread.html
Thursday, October 5, 2006

<a href="http://blog.tomroese...sread.html">How Conventional History Has Misread a Valuable Peace Movement Which Spared American Lives By Delaying Entry into WWII.

Ninety-Year-Old America First Founder’s Book Straightens Out

A Fundamental Misconception. Prominent Jews and Chrisians

This is the third—and final—article on the “America First Committee,” the Chicago-based group formed to keep us out of World War II. It appears this week in The Wanderer, America’s oldest national Catholic newspaper.

By Thomas F. Roeser
Joined to Defend America Yet Stop a Headlong Rush to War.

.....Younger officers of the America First Committee were not dogged by the Roosevelt administration probably because so many of them were either liberal Democrats or had close associations with them. My old boss, Robert Stuart, the founder of the group, a conservative Republican but who had a wide list of prominent Democratic friends, enlisted in the army, rose to the rank of major and served on General Eisenhower’s staff, landing in Europe shortly after D-Day. Intending to run for office as a young California lawyer, he was “drafted” by his family to take over the company his grandfather had helped found. He became chief executive officer of The Quaker Oats Company, directing the company’s rapid growth as a prime marketer, serving his party as Republican National Committeeman for Illinois and his country as U. S. ambassador to Norway, appointed by President Ronald Reagan. It was my honor to serve him most of my business life.

As is widely known, Stuart’s old Massachusetts colleague, John F. Kennedy enlisted in the Navy, won the Navy Cross, became a Congressman, Senator and President of the United States. Stuart’s good friend, Sargent Shriver enlisted, returned to Chicago, married JFK’s sister Eunice, became head of the city’s board of education and in the Kennedy administration headed the Peace Corps and the War on Poverty, running for vice president of the United States in 1972. But Kennedy’s involvement has seldom been covered.

In all the millions of words about John Kennedy, very little has been focused on his Massachusetts leadership of the America First Committee. Stuart and he did not stay in touch. But it happened that Stuart’s daughter Marian (“Marnie”) wangled an intern’s job in the Kennedy White House through college connections and with no clout whatever. One day when senior staff members thought Kennedy was at Camp David, they allowed the interns to swim in the president’s swimming pool. Marnie Stuart dove off the edge of the pool and came up to look directly into the eyes of President Kennedy who was watching the young people swim.

He asked her name, inquired where she was from. When she said she was Marnie Stuart from Chicago, he said, “You wouldn’t in any way be related to a Bob Stuart of Chicago who’s with The Quaker Oats Company, would you?”

“He’s my Dad,” she said. “No kidding!” Kennedy said,

“You probably never heard of this but we were together in the America First Committee!” “Yes,” she said in an understatement, “I heard of America First.” Kennedy mused for a moment, added: “that was a long time ago” and walked on. In his book, Bob Stuart says that when he heard his daughter relate the story, he breathed a thankful sigh, knowing of his old colleague’s reputation with young women......

http://www.panachema...rd_Luncheon.asp

MarniePillsburyAnnTemkinDavidRockefeller
Marnie Pillsbury, Ann Temkin, David Rockefeller.

http://www.iwhc.org/...id=63#pillsbury
Marnie S. Pillsburyhas been the Executive Director of The David Rockefeller Fund and Philanthropic Advisor to Mr. Rockefeller since 1990. She is a Trustee of The Rockefeller University and serves on the board of the Women's Campaign Fund, the Edward John Noble Foundation, and Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. She is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the Advisory Committee for the David Rockefeller Fellows Program at the New York City Partnership, and the International Council for The Museum of Modern Art. Ms. Pillsbury served for many years as a Trustee of World Learning, formerly The Experiment in International Living, which operates in more than 40 countries around the world. She is also an advisor to a small grants program serving HIV/AIDS orphans and vulnerable children in South Africa. A graduate of Wellesley College (1965), Ms. Pillsbury received an MBA from the New York University Stern School of Business in 1987.

http://www.nytimes.c...-pillsbury.html
Mr. Eichmann and Ms. Pillsbury

Published: September 12, 1999

Wendy Edwards Pillsbury, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Donaldson C. Pillsbury of New York, was married yesterday to Christopher Byrne Eichmann, a son of Dr. Mary E. Avellone of Chicago and Fred C. Eichmann of Deerfield, Ill. The Rev. Tracy Hindman performed the ceremony at the First Presbyterian Church in Lake Forest, Ill., with Dr. Ronald H. Miller, the chairman of the department of religion at Lake Forest College, taking part.
The couple graduated from Lake Forest.
The bride, 27, received a bachelor's degree in nursing in May from Columbia University, where she is enrolled in a master's degree program in nursing. Her father, a retired partner in the New York law firm of Davis Polk & Wardwell, is a senior vice president and the general counsel of Sotheby's, the auction house in New York. Her mother, Marnie Pillsbury, is the executive director of the David Rockefeller Fund, a private foundation in New York.
The bride is a granddaughter of Robert B. Stuart, a retired chairman of the Quaker Oats Company, who was Ambassador to Norway from 1984 to 1989.

Mary Lee Leggett was the sister of Mimi Beardsley's husband Anthony Fahnestock's father, Thus, Anthony's uncle was Priscilla McMillan's editor at Harper Bros.

Miss Hold Wed To TS Leggett - The New York Times
www.nytimes.com/.../miss-hold-wed-to-t-s-leggett....
The New York Times
Jan 5, 1992 - ... was married yesterday to Timothy Snowden Leggett, a son of Mary Lee Leggett of New York and John W. Leggett of Napa, Calif. The Rev.
John Leggett '42 | Obituaries | Yale Alumni Magazine
https://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/obituaries/2131-john-leggett-42

Jan 25, 2015 - John “Jack” Leggett died in Napa, California, on Sunday, January 25, 2015, at age 97. He ... He was an author, editor, and most importantly, a teacher of creative ... Born in New York City in November 1917, his childhood was difficult, ... Jack met and married Mary Lee Fahnestock in 1947, and they spent a ..

Claire E. Cosner, Producer, Is Wed - NYTimes.com
www.nytimes.com/.../claire-e-cosner-producer-is-w...
The New York Times

Aug 20, 1989
He is a son of Mary Lee Leggett of New York and John W. Leggett of Napa, Calif. His father, a former director of the Writers' Workshop at the University of Iowa, is a novelist, and his mother, known professionally as Lee Fahnestock, is a freelance translator of French literature. The bridegroom is a great-great-grandson of Harris C. Fahnestock, a founding partner in the National City Bank, a predecessor of Citibank.

Untitled.png

-------------------------

http://www.syracuse....se_man_met.html

How a former Syracuse man met and married JFK's mistress ...

by John Mariani - in 62 Google+ circles
Feb 14, 2012 - 10, 2012 photo, Mimi Alford, author of "Once Upon a Secret: My Affair with President ... He met Mark McCormack, founder of IMG Worldwide, the ...

Mark McCormack, founder and CEO of International - 05.21 ...
http://www.si.com/va...-and-impresario
May 21, 1990 -..... IHow all-encompassing has the world's largest sports (and then
some) management company become? IMG promoted Pope John Paul II's
1982 tour of the British Isles. It represents the Nobel Foundation,
the Mayo Clinic, Ringling Brothers and violinist Itzhak Perlman. IMG
contacts more than 1,200 companies a year in North America, tempting
them with marketing ideas and concepts.......

http://www.nytimes.c...dead-at-78.html

Barbara Gamarekian, Ex-Times Reporter, Is Dead at 78 By DOUGLAS MARTIN Published: February 3, 2004

Last year, some of her other memories of the Kennedy White House were in the news when an interview she gave in 1964 for the John F. Kennedy Library came to light.

In it, she spoke of President Kennedy's romantic liaison with a college-age intern who could not type. Ms. Gamarekian told some details to the historian Robert Dallek when he was researching his book, ''An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy, 1917-1963.'' The transcript, which Ms. Gamarekian had originally wanted sealed indefinitely, then became public.

''Certainly it is something that I never discussed because if you are working for the administration, you feel a loyalty to it,'' she said of the affair in the library interview. ''It is the sort of thing you don't discuss, something you profess complete ignorance of when you attend the inevitable cocktail parties where this is the subject for discussion.''......

http://www.counterpu...ting-jfk-again/

May 13, 2003
Assassinating JFK, Again Neocon Media Strategy: Trash Kennedy; Hype Bush
Assassinating JFK Again
by WAYNE MADSEN

.......Dallek is the author who previously "exposed" President Kennedy’s persistent drug use. In his book, "John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life, 1917-1963," Dallek claimed that Kennedy took as many as 12 different drugs, including codeine, Ritalin, methadone, and librium, at the same time, making him a virtual zombie. Dallek even suggested on ABC’s Good Morning America that Kennedy’s back problem may have cost him life. He said the fact that JFK wore a back brace, making him sit up straight in the limousine in Dallas, made him an easier sniper target. Dallek suggested that without the brace, Kennedy may have been saved. Nice fairy tale, but more on that later.

Dallek’s first book on Kennedy was excerpted in The Atlantic Monthly in 2002. The magazine is yet another neocon outlet whose editor during the time it published the JFK revelations was none other than the late Michael Kelly, who was virtually beatified by the media after his accidental death while hyping the war in Iraq in his role as a Pentagon "embedded" journalist.

Dallek’s only source for his current scurrilous attack on President Kennedy is a 77-year-old yenta named Barbara Gamarekian . A former White House aide for Kennedy, Gamarekian told the neocon-owned New York Daily News that she did not remember the intern’s last name — only her first name — which she would not reveal. In addition to Mort Zuckerman’s New York tabloid, other neocon muck mills, including Fox News and RushLimbaugh.com, ran with Dallek’s "revelations" immediately.

Dallek’s only documentation on the supposed intern affair was a recently-unsealed oral history provided by Garmarekian. No affidavits, no corroborating witness statements, nothing. Other noted historians have told this reporter that Dallek’s "proof" is nothing more than hearsay and not worthy of an academic-level research project. Dallek is ensconced at Boston University, whose Chancellor, John Silber, is a noted Democratic right-winger and neocon adherent.

Dallek’s publisher of his latest tome of Kennedy is Simon & Schuster, a part of Viacom-CBS, the same mega-corp operation that fired Ed Gernon — the director of the forthcoming CBS "Hitler: The Rise of Evil" miniseries — for comparing Hitler’s rise to power to America’s lemming-like support for George W. Bush. Gernon’s insightful comments were made in an interview with Rupert Murdoch’s TV Guide, which wasted no time in turning them over to its sister publication, The New York Post. The Post quickly pilloried Gernon just as other neocon outlets are now assassinating President Kennedy all over again. It is obvious that the neo-cons are now intent on rewriting our history — President Kennedy was a whoring, drug-induced rogue and George W. Bush is a saint who, under no circumstances can be compared to Hitler.......

#29 Guest_Darren Hastings_*

Guest_Darren Hastings_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:25 PM

Hi Tom,

Nice post.

The history books are written by the winners.

#30 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:41 AM

Your contributions stimulate nothing but discord.

Your valueless posts take up invaluable bandwidth.

The profile of Internet agent provocateur seems tailored to your measurements by one of Savile Row's finest.

You fool no one.

Keep up the good work.

autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#31 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:25 AM

>GRIN<

I knew you said that.

#32 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:35 AM

>GRIN<

I knew you said that.

:D

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#33 Ramon F Herrera

Ramon F Herrera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

Does anyone know if a complete study of these allegations has been undertaken to either prove or disprove?

There you go, Darren:

"At the same time, Dallek has new evidence on both Jack's philandering and his recklessness. Example: During the same 1960 campaign on which his father spent millions, JFK risked it all by inviting an underage cheerleader to his hotel room. In one of the book's most important sections, Dallek marshals new evidence that JFK did not view with favor the expansion of the war in Vietnam, and that he most likely would not have sanctioned such an expansion. Throughout the book, Dallek stops short of worshipping his subject. He is a Kennedy admirer, but he never allows this admiration to cloud either his focus or his truth telling."

http://www.amazon.co...41417065&sr=1-2

Also:

https://www.youtube....h?v=9rmalvQMJ2Y

Some of the Kennedy sisters participated in that documentary. Jack's sexual prowess was legendary since high school.

Do you think Mary Pinchot's death was common crime?

Would you have missed the opportunity to have Marilyn Monroe?

Mimi Alford tried for decades to keep their affair secret.

Do you think the Rat Pack and other Hollywood pals suddenly became Models of Chastity and Marital Fidelity every time Jack Kennedy showed up?

Do you have doubts only about JFK or about the rest of the males, beginning with Joe Sr?

#34 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:24 PM

Well I just do not know why I stumbled upon this topic, but I must say that I remember the days of POTUS JFK, and the election, and his assassination as well. I also watched his address to the nation regarding the missiles in Cuba in October, '62 on TV live and that was a little over a month after I saw him in a motorcade along Main St in Houston. But, I just don't recall anything about "numerous affairs" until some time after his death that occurred when I was approaching age 17. That is the way I remember that time.  :rolleyes: 

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#35 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:25 AM

Larry, Jim DiEugenio's review adds perspective confirming your perceptions: 

Robert Dallek Camouflages John F. Kennedy, Twice:
Reviews of Camelot's Court and An Unfinished Life