5 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

I have been experiencing difficulty with embedding YouTube videos into posts and I'm sure others have as well. There was a recent update to our software that appears to be the culprit. I have discovered a method to upload YouTubes to posts, but it takes a little patience.

I will show you how to do this properly using a clip from one of my favorite comedians, Brian Regan.

In the past when I wanted to post a YouTube I would simply copy the URL from YouTube, in this case:  https://youtu.be/zVRVA3mun3Q

Then I would press the "BBC Code" button located above the U (underline button) just to the left of the "Font" selection box in the toolbar menu. It has green horizontal lines across it. Then I would select "Media" from the drop down menu and paste the URL into the space provided.

BBC.png

That would be it.

However, since the bug started, the YouTube will not show up by using that method. Instead only the URL appears:  https://youtu.be/zVRVA3mun3Q

Here's how to make it work. You MUST do this in the exact order as listed.

Follow the normal instructions until you've pasted the URL into the Media space provided. Then you MUST press the ENTER key once. Next, you must delete the "s" from https:// -- so that it reads http://

Media.png

4. Then press OK.

If you follow that procedure until the bug is corrected you will be able to post YouTubes.

For clarity, if you remove the "s" from https:// BEFORE you have pressed the ENTER key it will NOT work properly.

Thank you for your patience. I am working to get these glitches resolved asap.

So I am going to embed the YouTube using the method I just described to see if it works right.

Voila`

• Jim Hackett II, Andrewavady and JamesGyzlyuvy like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

Thank you for that Greg. I just got my computer fixed and noticed the video I had posted for JFK's Houston Ministerial speech was no longer valid. When I edited it I had the URL problem. Anyway thanks for taking the time to walk us through the problem. I really appreciate it. :) 

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#3 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:05 AM

You're welcome, Christina.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#4 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

I'm having trouble posting videos again. I re read your instructions and it still won't work. It was working there for awhile but then it quit again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#5 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:39 PM

Nevermind I got it now :)

JFK

#6 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:32 AM

Yay.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com